Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who would win GARP vs. Blackbeard w/ GGNM? Support Answer

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would win GARP vs. Blackbeard w/ GGNM? Support Answer

Blackbeard now having two DFs, do you think garp will stand a chance against him without any DF? or who will win between the two titans of one Piece?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would win GARP vs. Blackbeard w/ GGNM? Support Answer

garp clearly knows haki, and is strong enough to be one of the better rokushiki users (he throws cannonballs like they were bullets fired from a gun)

i don't think BB having the GG fruit is an issue here

garp has no DF either, so the darkness fruit is not an issue

it's probably his age i'd be concerned about

garp in his prime, like WB, would have easily slaughtered blackbeard imho (guaranteed win, though the fight would be long)

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean now? it scares me to think that BB accidentally be cornered by garp in the new world. And when that happens BB will, of course, will retaliate and kill Garp in the process.. Prolly Oda is showing that, black beard is not the carrier of the Will of D but the killer of them... ? what'ya think?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Garp stomps during his prime but Blackbeard is considered one of the last boss or the last boss so I don't think Garp will win now mainly because of his old age....

I don't think there will be cornering with Garp and BB because IIRC Garp already retires and just having a good long and boring vacation at his hometown...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you think that Garp might come for cold blood revenge since BB was the one who gave in Ace to the marines? And the fight between them is pretty possible....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont realy think that BB is a good fighter at all. Even more i think that he is a coward and dirty and only thing that give him any edge is two DF powers.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    Don't you think that Garp might come for cold blood revenge since BB was the one who gave in Ace to the marines? And the fight between them is pretty possible....
    It is possible but if Garp would have kill him is when during the Marine ford Arc when BB didn't yet know fully the gura gura power... Well I had said my take on this fight Garp stomps in his prime but now BB will win mainly because I think it is given that BB master the Gura gura fruit also and Garp is too old.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

If they were to fight and Garp was close to winning with the intent to kill him don't you think Blackbeard would just call for his crewmates? Assuming they're there too of course. It's the kind of guy he is, he acts confident and tough until he's faced with possibility he might die...in which case he chickens out unlike the other D's. I realize this wasn't the case in his fight with Ace but I believe that's because he was confident in his victory, no matter what he said before their final clash.

Anyway, on to the main point. This is a pretty tricky matchup. No matter how much I visualize a fight between these two I can't see who the winner would be. I'd say Blackbeard has the advantage mainly due to Garp's old age. While old age hasn't been shown to hold Garp back thus far two years has passed and he's gotten even older. Not to mention all he's probably been fighting the past two years are wannabe pirates in East Blue. To sum it up; it's in Blackbeard's favor but I can't determine who would win.

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    garp has no DF either, so the darkness fruit is not an issue
    Just because the opponent in question has no DF doesn't mean the offensive capabilities of the YYNM (borrowing this abbrevation from jimtors GGNM) are any less. It would still be as powerful as it always is, the only difference is Blackbeard wouldn't be able to cancel out any DF powers since Garp hasn't eaten one.
    Last edited by Shinobuden; April 04, 2012 at 05:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of you are underselling Blackbeard a bit. We can't forget that for starter's he was going against Whitebeard, who was considered the strongest man in the world. The same Whitebeard who put down Admiral Akainu for a good amount of time. Also, Blackbeard is arrogant as s**t. When he got his devil fruit, he let himself get hit unnecessarily in his fights. DO you know why I say this? I say this because Shanks himself had vouched for Blackbeard's power. He stated he wasn't being careless, so once upon a time, Blackbeard was a threat before he got his Yami Yami fruit.

If these two were to fight, alone and with no backup, Garp would only have a slight chance of winning imo. Age is a large factor in this battle and if Garp lets up too much, a combination of Vortex and and a quake infused punch could end him.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Garp would win. Akainu would have won too,if Bb hadn't run away leaving bonney there. BB's rogia would be useless against garp because there would be no DF to absorb.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I think a lot of you are underselling Blackbeard a bit. We can't forget that for starter's he was going against Whitebeard, who was considered the strongest man in the world. The same Whitebeard who put down Admiral Akainu for a good amount of time. Also, Blackbeard is arrogant as s**t. When he got his devil fruit, he let himself get hit unnecessarily in his fights. DO you know why I say this? I say this because Shanks himself had vouched for Blackbeard's power. He stated he wasn't being careless, so once upon a time, Blackbeard was a threat before he got his Yami Yami fruit.

If these two were to fight, alone and with no backup, Garp would only have a slight chance of winning imo. Age is a large factor in this battle and if Garp lets up too much, a combination of Vortex and and a quake infused punch could end him.
    Correction : He went against a half dead WB, and still got pwned by him and needed his crewmates.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Correction : He went against a half dead WB, and still got pwned by him and needed his crewmates.
    Because he was careless and thought that he was going up against a half dead old man. Knowing what he knew about Whitebeard, he still underestimated him and payed a hefty price of a blade to the chest. If Blackbeard weren't as cocky as he is now, he would be a more efficient fighter. But seeing as he is a dumbass, he constantly gets his ass whooped. I personally don't think he needed his crew, but because he is a jerkface, he had his crew jump in and finish the job.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Garp just won on the grounds that BB is a coward and would avoid the fight altogether.
    Last edited by eefrit; April 04, 2012 at 04:20 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BlackBeard would win. He was capable of defeating Ace in a one on one battle before his power boost and a trip to the new world. I think it's safe to say he might have haki. If not then he won't be much of a challenge for Luffy and shouldn't be a Yonkou now.

Now as for Young Garp vs Time Skip BlackBeard...I'm not sure. I still may give it to BlackBeard.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I consider Blackbeard to be awful as a primary antagonist and villain, but he does have some combat ability. He was able to take on Shanks, at least to some extent according to Shanks' own account, prior to obtaining the Yami Yami no Mi. That would suggest even without his fruit he was a formidable opponent. Now in possession of two very powerful devil fruits, and with Garp's advanced age, I would say that Blackbeard, even with his seemingly unrivaled stupidity, is heavily favoured in a battle against Garp
    Last edited by Impossibility; April 04, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    I think BlackBeard would win. He was capable of defeating Ace in a one on one battle before his power boost and a trip to the new world. I think it's safe to say he might have haki. If not then he won't be much of a challenge for Luffy and shouldn't be a Yonkou now.

Now as for Young Garp vs Time Skip BlackBeard...I'm not sure. I still may give it to BlackBeard.
    young garp was much stronger than how he is now,so I'd say he would have stomped even this BB,especially since Garp could keep up with roger.
    about haki,BB does have haki, here you are http://www.mangareader.net/103-17410...apter-552.html . BB told ace that he(BB) wasn't worth of becoming captain because he hadn't got that type of haki(and we know that ace had got the King haki),so he had the other types of haki or just one of them (CoA and/or CoO)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast