Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: War on the Summit-Different Scenario

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Pride~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

War on the Summit-Different Scenario

Everyone knows how the war between the Whitebeard Pirates and the Navy ended...

But I wonder about the result of the war if the Red Hair Pirates would be there to support the WB Pirates from the beginning. The rest doesn´t change. The ID prisoners and Luffy will arrive and Blackbeard and his crew will appear as well.

What do you think?

To obtain, something of equal value must be lost~

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: War on the Summit-Different Scenario

I think the marines would have been raped in that scenario. Just the WB pirates and allies were capable of matching the marines and shichibukai and even that required a good deal of strategy, traps and preparation. Shanks should be a match for WB, the main crewmembers of shanks should be able to match shichibukai, admirals or vice admirals. We know there are more elements to their crews considering rockstar has a 90 something mil bounty and was not even shown as a main crewmember. There would have been too many individually strong people for the WG to match IMO. BB's appearance would not have helped either side but the WG would suffer more for each marine the BB pirates fight. mihawk would have probably withdrawn from the fight from the start since his agreement was to fight WB not shanks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think the marines would have been raped in that scenario. Just the WB pirates and allies were capable of matching the marines and shichibukai and even that required a good deal of strategy, traps and preparation. Shanks should be a match for WB, the main crewmembers of shanks should be able to match shichibukai, admirals or vice admirals. We know there are more elements to their crews considering rockstar has a 90 something mil bounty and was not even shown as a main crewmember. There would have been too many individually strong people for the WG to match IMO. BB's appearance would not have helped either side but the WG would suffer more for each marine the BB pirates fight. mihawk would have probably withdrawn from the fight from the start since his agreement was to fight WB not shanks.
    This might be it, but I don't think Mihawk will withdraw. The reason Mihawk withdraw is that Shirohige is defeated aka. dead. He might not withdraw otherwise.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He withdrew because he agreed to fight the WB pirates, not the red hair pirates. Red hair is beyond the scope of his agreement with the WG in this case. Note that he did not withdrew from fighting until shanks appeared, not when WB died. The WG would have to call him to fight both of them and have him agree to that.
    http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/580/#10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

if the red hairs were the wb and ace would have survived. shanks would have also been protecting luffy so ace probably wouldn't have to save him and he would also probably fought with bb also. though i think if they were there garp and sengoku would have joined the war sooner.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What I can't understand about the war is why exactly Rayleigh did not go to help ace. He at least was able to stop kizaru during the SA events so he obviously would have been a major asset to the WB pirates had he tried. I just can't understand why he did not go to help the son of the man he served as VA for 30 years.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

As an advocate of the power of the marines, this would probably be closer than most of you would imagine. Sengoku and Garp would have had to actually start fighting much sooner, rather than when the BB pirates appeared.

That said, even with those two powerhouses, most likely it would be even, if not somewhat leaning towards the pirates side. The true border in this battle would have really been the Shichibukai, whether having two Yonkou to fight would have changed the tone of any of them (Doflamingo and Mihawk never showed their full potential).

Also the question of whether Blackbeard would have "risked" appearing if there were two Yonkous with a grudge plus the marines after him.

But I would also agree that Ace would escape. Even if the marines remained victorious in toppling Whitebeard and not being utterly destroyed, if Shanks had been there since the start Ace would not be dead.

tl;dr: close battle, leaning towards pirates. WB still high chance of dying, Ace much higher chance of escaping. Marines probably not destroyed, but destroying them was never the goal of either Shanks or Whitebeard.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

What I can't understand about the war is why exactly Rayleigh did not go to help ace. He at least was able to stop kizaru during the SA events so he obviously would have been a major asset to the WB pirates had he tried. I just can't understand why he did not go to help the son of the man he served as VA for 30 years.
    Well im not sure if Roger did told anyone that he had a son other then Garp.If he had then u dont have to continue reading.Skip it

Here goes.Im guessing that no one knew that Ace was Roger son until Sengoku announced it at the execution.Except for the Admirals perhaps.So even if he wanted to,he could reach there in time,plus i dont remember Kizaru telling the Marines that Rayleigh was at SA.So maybe rayleigh wanted to stay low profile?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard and Ace wouldn't have died considering how the other high-tier fighters had no problems surviving the fight. The manga also implies that Whitebeard would probably have saved Ace if he were at his prime (though he'd die in the process), but that isn't an issue in this scenario. With the formidable backup WB has at his disposal in this fight, the Yonkou comfortably win the fight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayleigh clearly showed that even though he himself was extremely close to Roger that at the same time he didn't owe anything to his son. Roger obviously didn't leave Ace with Rayleigh for a reason, which was most likely because he didn't want him hunted by the WG and Marines. But at the same time WB had taken over as Ace's "father figure" after Garp of course. And yeah even though Garp didn't literally raise Ace, he looked out for him as long as he could and did his best to keep him safe. Point being is that Roger appointed someone to look after his son, and then another man took that position with Ace's consent, that being WB. So i'm sure that in Rayleigh's mind it just wasn't his place to be involved in this matter. Also Rayleigh wasn't really Roger's First Mate for 30 years. It was probably at best, 15 or so years. Especially since Roger and Rayleigh seemed to have been in their early 20's when they first met. And Roger himself has been dead for 25 or so years now.

But in terms of how this war would have resulted had the RH Pirates fought along side of the WB Pirates. I don't think that there would have been a decisive winner at all. For the simple fact that other then Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru were basically unchallenged all war long. They waltzed through the war rather effortlessly and in all seriousness they could have easily crushed most of the WB Pirates had they really gone all out. And then Garp and Sengoku definitely seem to be guys who can put up a hell of a fight if need be as well. So those two guys could probably tear it up on a good level also. Then even guys like Kuma, Donflamingo, and Sentomaru also went rather unchallenged all war long as well. So had all of them gone all out i think that the RH and WB Pirates would have had their hands really full. The "top dogs" from the Marnie's side, other then Akainu, really didn't seem to go even close to "all out". While everyone of WB's side definitely went all out to save Ace. So even with the RH Pirates winning that war would, in my mind, have been a toss up.

Also i'm not taking into account the BB Pirates showing up, because for them that would have been utter suicide at that time with all of those powers assembled there.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Also Rayleigh wasn't really Roger's First Mate for 30 years. It was probably at best, 15 or so years. Especially since Roger and Rayleigh seemed to have been in their early 20's when they first met. And Roger himself has been dead for 25 or so years now.
    Before the timeskip, Brook said that " 50 years ago ", there was indeed a rookie who was called Gold Roger, which means 52 years ago. Roger died 24 years ago, so Rayleigh had been his first mate for AT LEAST 18 years - 17 years if you don't count the disbanded year.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the flashback(with rayleigh and roger being around luffy's age when they started pirating) and WB's own age(being the same as rogers theoretically) I think we can conclude roger was a pirate for at least 30 years.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

if shanks help WB then MHQ would have loss war . and also about admirals using their full power i dont think they would have use it because if they use power other marines would have die in war

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    But in terms of how this war would have resulted had the RH Pirates fought along side of the WB Pirates. I don't think that there would have been a decisive winner at all. For the simple fact that other then Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru were basically unchallenged all war long. They waltzed through the war rather effortlessly and in all seriousness they could have easily crushed most of the WB Pirates had they really gone all out.
    Non of the WB top guns went all out either and most of them did not seem at all challenged. The Marines played cheap strategies to win and do what they did, they breezed through because of good tactics and cheap shotting WB.

The RH Pirates IMO would have made a much bigger difference. I am certain that WB and Shanks would overwhelm Garp and Sengoku and combining both Crew top Guns and the inmates would be enough for the Admirals/Vices and the Schibukai. The rest of the fodder would hand each other.

Quote Quote:
    And then Garp and Sengoku definitely seem to be guys who can put up a hell of a fight if need be as well. So those two guys could probably tear it up on a good level also. Then even guys like Kuma, Donflamingo, and Sentomaru also went rather unchallenged all war long as well.
    No one was gunning for Dofla and Sentomaru while Kuma was kept busy by Ivankov.

Quote Quote:
    So had all of them gone all out i think that the RH and WB Pirates would have had their hands really full. The "top dogs" from the Marnie's side, other then Akainu, really didn't seem to go even close to "all out". While everyone of WB's side definitely went all out to save Ace. So even with the RH Pirates winning that war would, in my mind, have been a toss up.
    The WB Pirates did go all out, some of them did and a lot of them didnt. If the RH Pirates were there, the Marines would have lost the war. Unless the higher ups interfered.

Quote Quote:
    Also i'm not taking into account the BB Pirates showing up, because for them that would have been utter suicide at that time with all of those powers assembled there.
    Haha true
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Marines would be raped
    I don't see Sengoku or Garp being able to take on Shanks 1vs1, they're old farts, he's in his prime... Just imagine WB in his prime.
    As for the Admirals, there's enough of top fighters able to keep them busy for real, Ben Beckman, Marco, Jozu, Yasopp etc

New Reply