Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamamoto

11 52.38%
  • Yoruichi & Urahara & Soifon

10 47.62%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto vs Yoruichi & Urahara & Soifon

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto vs Yoruichi & Urahara & Soifon

Scenario 1: A strictly hand-to-hand battle, no kido, no shunko, no zanpakuto. Yoruichi's utsusemi, Urahara's portable gigai and Soifon's clones are allowed.

Scenario 2: No zanpakuto. Kido and shunko are allowed.

We know former and current commanders of Onmitsukido, Yoruichi and Soifon, are very skillful at hand-to-hand combat and since Urahara is a former member of 2nd division, former head of the Detention Unit and close friend of Yoruichi, he is also quite proficient. Yamamoto is the captain commander and he defeated WW with his bare hands.

Who wins?
    Last edited by Gran Maestro; November 14, 2010 at 04:37 AM. Reason: New scenario

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto vs Yoruichi & Urahara & Soifon

The hardest hitter on their side is Yoruichi, and thats still quite less powerful compared to Yamamoto's Bone techniques.

I like how you gave them their evasion techniques and I see them shunpoing around trying to poke/chip damage Yamamoto down. Though if Yamamoto really set his mind to it he could concentrate on one and relentlessly pursue them till caught.

As the other two would quickly come to the aid of the caught, I still doubt their hits could phase Yamamoto enough to stop him from crushing the third member before he turns around to deal with the remaining two.

Its like 3 Wolves against a Grizzly Bear...both sides ferocious and strong, but one swipe from the bear and one wolf WILL going down.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; November 14, 2010 at 05:22 AM.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well they're all good at hand to hand but none of the members on Kisuke's team have any hard hitting moves (that we've seen) that would seriously injure yamamoto. Save for Shunko of course but that's not allowed per the OP's rules. After seeing how yama could tank WW's thousand arms punching him, I'm afraid his three opponents here are severly screwed. None of them have HSR either so they'd all be going down hard from a single bone.

If zanpakutous were involved this would be different though, particular since Soi Fons bankai being probably capable of one shotting yamamoto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

The most difficult thing for the trio in this fight would be tanking any hits, seeing as how they'll have to expose themselves to some potential damage in a melee. Without hierro and regeneration (which were both of little use) they'll most likely die in one hit, or at least be out of the fight. Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt that they wont get hit by a bone technique but by a simple regular hit (which I'm guessing Yama uses as well), there is little hope as neither of them seem very tanky, so I think that any hit would be an OHKO.

Now, they do have a significant advantage over WW, in that they are all pretty fast and have dodging techniques, and most importantly, are willing to dodge and have a brain to realise that it's necessary. However, I'm not sure that any of them, save for perhaps Yoruichi, have the power behind their hits to actually harm Yama. Even Yoruichi's hits are a question mark. As we have seen WW punches fast and hard and that had virtually no effect on the old man. So I'm going to go with Yama here. Pretty stompy, too.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Give Yoruichi her anti-heirro gloves, heck maybe give all of them anti-heirro equipment, they might be able to make Yamamoto bleed....a little.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Since people, more or less, agree on the result of first scenario, I added a second scenario. Kido and shunko are allowed this time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh fck, this would be an epic battle, but in the end Yama will be the last one who stands.

Sokotsu is a way overpowered hand-to-hand technique.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Yama will lose because i dont think he can manage to handle them all alone. He will face the fastest shinigami and the most mysterious ex-shinigami. Of course we already saw Soifon two-hit & one-hit shikai/bankai, im sure yama could handled it but we still dont know what Yoruichi and Uruhara bankai is, maybe their bankai will make yama vulnerable at some point. I think why people think Yama all this strong because of "He already be a Captain-Commander for almost 1,000 years and no other shinigami as strong as he is".........well i dont know what to say.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fusionshogun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, espadaboyzz, since no one is allowed use of their zanpakuto, their bankai are irrelevant. I think I agree with most of the previous posters; Yamamoto's endurance and power would win him either scenario. Should Kido be allowed, the opposition would have a greater chance depending on the variability of kido that Urahara is capable of using, but considering Yamamoto has used the highest leveled hadou ever seen yet in the series, I would still place my bets on Yamamoto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion,

Scenario one- Yama takes it.

Yama has demonstrated superior strength and very strong hand to hand techniques that we have not seen from Yoruichi, Soifon, or Urahara.

Scenario two- Yoruichi, Urahara, and Soifon take it.

It's 3 against one, and now with both Yoruichi and Soifon using their shunkou, they have higher chances of dealing some good damage (Yama still isn't allowed to use his Zanpakutou in this scenario). Also their shunkou may provide some defense as well. Urahara's tactics and analytical skills are not to be understimated. Further, Urahara's Kidou is very impressive and you never know what he may hide inside his Kidou (such as a sealing kido technique etc.)
    Last edited by Jackk; November 14, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well even without shunko yoruichi could still hit very hard, saw that just fine against yammi and aizen. But for scenario 1 it seems like urahara and soifon would be close to useless.

But for 2 I say they could win. Shunko yoru should be to much for even Yama to handle if she get a few good slaps in there. And if uraharas triple kido combo would hold Yama for even a second or to then she could do just that.

But just like everyones been saying, Yama could oneshot all of them. If a single punch can go right through top tier hierro then flesh stands no chance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's how it is, just one hit from yama would tear any of them apart. That is much more than what i can say for the other side.

Yama tanked WW who owned kensei w/ bankai and mask, he survived an explosion that was capable of destroying FKT many times over, and he takes stabs and hits like nothing. Nothing that youruichi, soiofn, or urahara can do can hurt yama severely. Even w/ shuunko, youruichi chances of fatally injuring yama is low. Hell, look at all the scars on his body.

Even if we were able to add in their zanpaktou, i still see yama winning, his speed is incredible and he could get them quite soundly

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Primecut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama is strong and has hard hits, but his endurance is questionable. I've honestly never seen him go the distance. In the long haul he ends up gassing in this fight while the youthful fighters like Soifon and Yoruichi wear him down. Both scenarios.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fusionshogun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not seeing him "go the distance" doesn't mean his endurance isn't enough to outlast any other character. Just because you haven't seen something doesn't prove that it isn't true or doesn't exist. Conversely, just because it's possible that his endurance is in fact enough to outlast these characters doesn't mean that it's true. Coming to a conclusion based off having not seen something, in this case an example you would consider enough to determine Yamamoto's endurance and how it compares with each other characters', doesn't make sense. It makes more sense to justify your conclusions using concrete evidence that has been presented by the author, rather than a lack of evidence.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Primecut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fusionshogun View Post
    Not seeing him "go the distance" doesn't mean his endurance isn't enough to outlast any other character. Just because you haven't seen something doesn't prove that it isn't true or doesn't exist. Conversely, just because it's possible that his endurance is in fact enough to outlast these characters doesn't mean that it's true. Coming to a conclusion based off having not seen something, in this case an example you would consider enough to determine Yamamoto's endurance and how it compares with each other characters', doesn't make sense. It makes more sense to justify your conclusions using concrete evidence that has been presented by the author, rather than a lack of evidence.
    Yamamoto's stamina is at 60 but every other stat is 100. His glaring weakness is his stamina. That's why he needed to recharge after using the fire prison and couldnt go the distance with Wonderweis when push came to shove. The old man will gas against these youthful contenders. Common knowledge that old people dont have the same endurance they used to have. Yoruichi, Soifon, and Urahara will exploit this glaring weakness to their advantage, especially with someone as smart as Urahara coaching them. Maybe leaving Soifon out of this would have made it more even, but with her added it just tips the scale in their favor too much. Urahara can just binding kidou him and have Soifon two hit kill quickly.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast