Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: War on summit, shanks need save someone

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: War on summit, shanks need save someone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post

dark lord I believe u misunderstood sth there. It's not like the MHQ shit their pants as they saw Shanks. They just realised that their goals were fulfilled, so any further waste of power was meaningless. Furthermore the MHQ and every other force out there were exhausted, unlike the red-hair pirates.
    Indeed, and shanks played well on that card, the marines were exausted and lets not forget that Shanks was a mere reinforcement cuz the WB pirates were already fighting well.

Quote Quote:
    Also claiming Shanks to be on par with WB prime makes no sense. WB was still holding the title, which Sengoku confirmed several times. So Shanks was at most around old WB's lvl, not his prime.
    Shanks is kind of the real yonkou here, WB yonkou title was overwhelmed by the fact that he was the strongest in the world, so the marines are more afraid to face a yonkou than the strongest man for some reason, it could be because of the balance of power.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sark
    Post Thanks / Like

beeing aware of his disatvantage in an all in battle on enemies territory, Shanks probably would have chosen a different strategy than WB did.

he could have attacked the transport from ID to MHQ. or even attack ID as long as Beckman would had been there.

or how about an airborne opperation to rush to the execution platform and disapear before the Marines even know whats going on?

on the other hand i doubt that Shanks had risked the lives of his entire crew to save Beckman.

with Ace it surely was a different story. WB saw the future Pirate King in Ace, while Beckman is not some precious Person for the future.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    Shanks is kind of the real yonkou here, WB yonkou title was overwhelmed by the fact that he was the strongest in the world, so the marines are more afraid to face a yonkou than the strongest man for some reason, it could be because of the balance of power.
    The Balance of Power takes into account the total military power a specific variable (Yonkou, MHQ, Shichibukai) has. Had WB been alone, the WG would have little trouble dealing with him. Now WB + 16 dudes like Ace + 1600 pirates who thrive in the New World, however, then the job becomes much harder. It's the same way with the other Yonkou who are defined as pirates who are able to rule sections of the New World as they please thanks to the formidible strength of their crews.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happy GIN smily View Post
    beeing aware of his disatvantage in an all in battle on enemies territory, Shanks probably would have chosen a different strategy than WB did.

he could have attacked the transport from ID to MHQ. or even attack ID as long as Beckman would had been there.

or how about an airborne opperation to rush to the execution platform and disapear before the Marines even know whats going on?

on the other hand i doubt that Shanks had risked the lives of his entire crew to save Beckman.

with Ace it surely was a different story. WB saw the future Pirate King in Ace, while Beckman is not some precious Person for the future.
    I've never why WB appeared right in the middle of the island... He could haver dispatched his forces by sending some of his forces to attack from the back of the island, I don't know. It just sounded so simple minded to attack right in front of them.

And also, he should've expected that Aokiji would've made a move when he first used his powers to create tsunami. Someone like Marco should've made a move to stop Aokiji when trying to freeze the tsunami. And the Marco, and Jozu and Vista or another commander should've focused on the admirals, letting them do whatever they wanted on the battlefied was their biggest mistakes.

Anyway, in the end, even if it is Shanks, Marines would win this. Clearly a Yonkou and his crew aren't enough to deal with the Marines alone.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bisha16's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I've never why WB appeared right in the middle of the island... He could haver dispatched his forces by sending some of his forces to attack from the back of the island, I don't know. It just sounded so simple minded to attack right in front of them.

And also, he should've expected that Aokiji would've made a move when he first used his powers to create tsunami. Someone like Marco should've made a move to stop Aokiji when trying to freeze the tsunami. And the Marco, and Jozu and Vista or another commander should've focused on the admirals, letting them do whatever they wanted on the battlefied was their biggest mistakes.

Anyway, in the end, even if it is Shanks, Marines would win this. Clearly a Yonkou and his crew aren't enough to deal with the Marines alone.
    Well i think that oda wanted something creative and not a war strategy like attacking from behind or from the sky he wanted that the pirates have they own war strategy and not like the soldiers.And the reason that they(marko and the other commanders) didnt attack the admirals could be because oda simple didnt want to show the real strength of the 3 admirals because he is reserving bigger fights for them (like a war against strawhat).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say. A lot of Marines were sunk by Luffy's burst of Haoshoku, I could see a lot more being dropped by someone like Shanks. The size of the crew makes no difference, as the crew of as Yonkou is going to be mad strong. Losing Beckman would be too much for his crew to win in Marineford though, I would say. If he were to go to rescue Luffy for example, I think he'd manage it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frontaLobotomy View Post
    It's hard to say. A lot of Marines were sunk by Luffy's burst of Haoshoku, I could see a lot more being dropped by someone like Shanks. The size of the crew makes no difference, as the crew of as Yonkou is going to be mad strong. Losing Beckman would be too much for his crew to win in Marineford though, I would say. If he were to go to rescue Luffy for example, I think he'd manage it.
    It was not the fodder that decided the outcome of the war, but the big shots. WB pirates vs Marines was all about who's gonna bring down the leaders of each camp. Now imagine for example if Sengoku, Garp or the three admirals were out of the game by some miracle, then the WB pirates would've won the war. The moment Squardo injured WB, the marines already won the war. Old as he is, and injured, it was a miracle that WB managed to do such damage.

So, if Shanks were to be at the place of WB, I think that he may save Ben Beckman, since he's still younger, and would be more efficient that WB was, that is if his crew will manage to hold down the admirals for enough time, as much as I love Shanks, if the admirals keep doing whatever they want in the battlefield like in the war on summit, he won't win no matter how hard he tries.

But let's suppose for an instant that the war to save Beckman takes after Garp and Sengoku left the Marines, and that there's no stronger than the admirals. Then it is possible for Shanks to actually win this war. He'll defeat the admirals with the help of his crew somehow, but then, nobody will be able to stop him anymore, and the moral of soldiers will drop. And we know that moral has it's own importance, as seen when WB and Ace died, the guys were really motivated, especially Akainu who was eager to finish off the WB pirates.

The key to this war is how to stop the admirals, and possibly the Shichibukai (in the war, they didn't seem to be really interested by the conflict anyway). And to stop one of the three big forces in the world, you gotta be really smart and strong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

lets see WB 82 years old man . have illness and Yonkou.
    now Shanks young . only have 1 hand and he is also Yonkou.

now tell me when 82 years old man who is Yonkou is one strong person to u guys but young Yonkou is weak to u guys ???????
    Shanks may be not worlds strongest man but that doesn't mean he is weak . he is Yonkou title for 4 strongest pirates so doesn't that mean he is also strong .
    all u talk about WB have 1600 pirates + 43 crews from the New World as we know. can all smart ones who stiil think Shanks is some small kid correct number of pirates who work under shanks + all other pirates who support him.

well well no one know about it because oda didnt say it

also just because WB loss doesn't mean shanks will also loss because he didnt have big army . for u guys let me tell u even in our worlds history u will find lots of war where small army defeat big army .

ace die because story need that if ace didnt die that time story we r reading right now is never exist . luffy and co would never go for 2 years training. also there is big chance Aokiji and Akainu never fight on PH

just remember guys shanks is Yonkou and he is not small kid who is playing younko,pirate game and anyone just come and defeat him easily .
    HE IS ONE OF STRONGEST MAN IN OP UNIVERSE

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks has lost Ben Beckman. I doubt his remaining crew members would be able to hold off Mihawk, Aokiji, and Kizaru as well as the likes of Jozu & Marco did, and Shanks has a hell of a lot of opponents to face. He'd get nowhere near.

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets be honest guys. We know next to nothing about Shanks Crew. I doubt Ben Beckman is the only strong fighter able to fight with an admiral in Shanks Crew. The Younkou where said to be almost equally strong: Now compare Whitebeards huge armada and Shanks rather little crew. In order for them to be on par with each other would mean that Shanks crew has to be of "higher" quality (do not missunderstand this statement on prupose please) in order to match up to Whitebeards numbers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Too many differences, WB had a lot of luck on his side to even get as far as he did... Luffy and the Impel Down crew helped considerably...

If the same amount of Shichibukai switched sides... and Mihawk was among them... and another Luffy leveled pirate led in a bunch of crazy big names, then Shanks could do better because he wouldn't get stabbed in the back... His Haki would fodderdize at least 100,000 marines... the bigger names would be left, but it'd be the elite vs. an Army...

Shanks could win
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2