Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Asian Drama list

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My Asian Drama list

We have a thread to list our manga and anime lists, but we don’t have one to list our Asian Dramas. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we could list all the Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, in short, all the Asian series/movies we have watched.

Here’s my list:

- Hana Yori Dango (season 1)
    - Hana Yori Dango (season 2)
    - Hana Yori Dango Final (the movie)
    - Meteor Garden (season 1)
    - Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
    - Liar Game (season 1)
    - Liar Game (season 2)
    - Liar Game (the movie)
    - Gokusen (season 1)
    - Nobuta wo Produce
    - My Boss My Hero
    - Samurai High School
    - The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince
    - Initial D (the movie)
    - Fated to Love you
    - Devil Beside You
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 18, 2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Asian Drama list

There are quite a few. However, I cant recall or remember them all.

I'll update this or make a new post with more later.

Edit: Update

Updated with a few of the various dramas I’ve seen
    *Not a complete list and I missed a few here and there for sure*

Korean drama

Tazza
    Gourmet
    Hello My Teacher
    Korea Secret Agency
    Terroir
    High as the Sky, Wide as the Earth
    Prosecutor Princess
    Stars Falling From the Sky
    What Star Did You Come From
    Swallow the Sun : Beast on an epic level.

Chinese / Taiwan Drama

That Love Comes (currently watching)
    Hot Shot
    Sweet Relationship
    MARS
    Silence

Return of Condor Heroes
    The Spirit of the Sword
    Da Ren Wu

Japanese Drama

Engine
    My Girl
    Dream Again
    Buzzer Beat

One of my favorites is called. Return of the condor heroes 2006 Version. Intro can be found here.
    There are a couple remakes of this, the original was like in the 80's or something. The one I like the best is the 2006 version. Acting, story telling, action superb. In-fact, the youtube link makes me want to re-watch this series.

It also reminds me a lot of the world that the ID manhwa, comes from, in terms of outfits (clothes / style) and power / magic / matrix like attacks. Which was nice. I think the genre is wuxia (Martial Arts). Which I also like. This is Chinese.
    Last edited by Charlie; November 17, 2010 at 10:21 PM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

(hey it's the people from the LOL heroes thread~)

Hmm Asian Dramas...? Then I'd have to include Singaporean dramas and I certainly don't remember all the names of those I used to watch over dinner every day...

Anyway, off my cuff~ If I remember more I'll update!

Korean
    Goong

Japanese (You might notice a slight Arashi-member bias for Japanese dramas ._.
    Hana Yori Dango
    Hana Yori Dango Returns
    Hana Yori Dango Final (movie)
    Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
    Maou
    Ryuusei no Kizuna
    Tokyo DOGS
    1 Litre of Tears
    Uta no Oniisan
    The Quiz Show 2
    Yuukan Club
    Galileo
    Galileo - The Devotion of Suspect X (movie)
    Gokusen
    Nobuta wo Produce
    My Girl
    Taiyou no Uta
    Liar Game
    Liar Game the second stage
    Liar Game the final stage (movie)
    Kurosagi
    Kurosagi (movie)
    Voice
    Yamada Tarou Monogatari
    Letters from Iwo Jima
    Death Note (all 3 movies including L change the world)
    Kimi ni shika Kikoenai

Hong Kong/Taiwan
    Kindred Spirits
    Legend of the Condor Heroes
    Return of the Condor Heroes
    10 Brothers

Singaporean - English (I bet you've never heard of them)
    Under One Roof
    Phua Chu Kang PTD LTD

Singaporean - Chinese
    Double Happiness
    Double Happiness II
    An Ode to Life
    The Champion
    Beautiful Illusions
    Portrait of Home
    Yin Cha Yang Cuo (forgot the english name for it)

Yup I'd recommend most of the Japanese ones. The Singaporean ones uh, not really. Most have the same/similar plot and all the same actors/actresses since we have such a limited pool of them ~_~
    Last edited by saladesu; November 18, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    One of my favorites is called. Return of the condor heroes 2006 Version. Intro can be found here.
    There are a couple remakes of this, the original was like in the 80's or something. The one I like the best is the 2006 version. Acting, story telling, action superb. In-fact, the youtube link makes me want to re-watch this series.
    That intro was mesmerizing, Charlie. I’m sold on this series, I’ll watch it as soon as I finish watching Liar Game (the movie). I wonder what the name of the song playing in the intro is, that song is beautiful.

Quote Quote:
    It also reminds me a lot of the world that the ID manhwa, comes from, in terms of outfits (clothes / style) and power / magic / matrix like attacks.
    I haven’t read ID so I can’t say if I would be reminded of that series, but as I watched the intro I couldn’t help but be reminded of Basilisk (manga/anime/J-drama).

Quote Quote:
    I think the genre is wuxia (Martial Arts). Which I also like. This is Chinese.
    Thank you for that info and for the link to the video, I’m definitely watching this series.

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Japanese (You might notice a slight Arashi-member bias for Japanese dramas ._.
    Hana Yori Dango
    Hana Yori Dango Returns
    It’s nice to see you’re a fellow HYD fan, Salad. You should watch the movie as well; it was a pretty cool movie and a nice ending to the HYD story. ^_^ Btw, are you a Matsumoto Jun fan?

Quote Quote:
    Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
    Gokusen
    Nobuta wo Produce
    Liar Game
    Liar Game the second stage
    I’m glad to see we share these series in our lists.

Quote Quote:
    Hong Kong/Taiwan
    Legend of the Condor Heroes
    I wonder if this series is the same Charlie mentioned in his post...

Thank you for sharing your list, Salad.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    It’s nice to see you’re a fellow HYD fan, Salad. You should watch the movie as well; it was a pretty cool movie and a nice ending to the HYD story. ^_^ Btw, are you a Matsumoto Jun fan?
    Of course I've watched the movie XD Huge huge Hanadan fan here :3 In fact I think I have watched the movie at least 3-4 times... Hehe. I've also watched the Liar Game and Kurosagi movies, but I didn't add them into the list cuz I figured they weren't "drama" per se...

And yes, I'm a Matsumoto Jun fan alright! *high5* Well, when it comes to Arashi then I like Ninomiya Kazunari best, plus he's the best actor out of all of them. Letters from Iwo Jima? That's him But it isn't a drama heh.

I wonder if this series is the same Charlie mentioned in his post...
    Legend of the Condor Heroes, or She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan, tells the story of Guo Jing and Yang Kang, and their eventual lovers Huang Rong and Mu Nian Ci.

Return of the Condor Heroes, or Shen Diao Xia Lu, tells the story of Yang Guo, who is the son of Yang Kang from She Diao, and who was raised by Huang Rong and Guo Jing for a little while before being sent to a monastery or something (can't quite remember)... Then he runs away and is saved by a girl called Xiao Long Nu, and is subsequently raised by her and eventually, yeah, you know what happens

Of course both of them are not just love stories. Like Charlie said, there's chinese martial arts, which is really cool. They are both classics.

And now that you mention it... I have actually watched both And I also had to read the books (abridged, I believe) for Chinese literature class... It was quite the struggle (Chinese may be my mother tongue but that doesn't mean I'm that good at it) but at least the excellent story made up for it Definitely recommended!

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course I've watched the movie XD Huge huge Hanadan fan here :3 In fact I think I have watched the movie at least 3-4 times... Hehe. I've also watched the Liar Game and Kurosagi movies, but I didn't add them into the list cuz I figured they weren't "drama" per se...
    You are more than welcome to add them to your list, and I did write

Quote Quote:
    So I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we could list all the Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, in short, all the Asian series/movies we have watched.

I’m currently trying to finish watching the Liar Game movie (which has been absolutely awesome so fart btw). Is Kurosagi any good? I know Yamapi starts in that movie but I have no clue if the movie is any good.

Quote Quote:
    And yes, I'm a Matsumoto Jun fan alright! *high5*
    indeed. I’m a fan of his as well and since we were talking about HYD I might as well mention I was a huge fan of Matsumo Jun x Inoue Mao. They had such an amazing chemistry in HYD.

Quote Quote:
    Well, when it comes to Arashi then I like Ninomiya Kazunari best, plus he's the best actor out of all of them. Letters from Iwo Jima? That's him But it isn't a drama heh.
    I’m not that big fan of Arashi so the only member from the band I know is Matsumoto Jun. However, I do know most, if not all, of the members from Arashi have also acted in some J-dramas.

Quote Quote:
    Legend of the Condor Heroes, or She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan, tells the story of Guo Jing and Yang Kang, and their eventual lovers Huang Rong and Mu Nian Ci.

Return of the Condor Heroes, or Shen Diao Xia Lu, tells the story of Yang Guo, who is the son of Yang Kang from She Diao, and who was raised by Huang Rong and Guo Jing for a little while before being sent to a monastery or something (can't quite remember)... Then he runs away and is saved by a girl called Xiao Long Nu, and is subsequently raised by her and eventually, yeah, you know what happens

Of course both of them are not just love stories. Like Charlie said, there's chinese martial arts, which is really cool. They are both classics.
    Thank you for the info, Salad. I’m now looking forward to watch Return of the Condor Heroes even more than before.

Quote Quote:
    And now that you mention it... I have actually watched both And I also had to read the books (abridged, I believe) for Chinese literature class... It was quite the struggle (Chinese may be my mother tongue but that doesn't mean I'm that good at it) but at least the excellent story made up for it Definitely recommended!
    Ahhh…so both are adaptations from books, cool. I know that whenever a book is adapted into a movie some parts are inevitably left out, I just hope they didn’t omit many things from the book in the Return of the Condor Heroes movie.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

That intro was mesmerizing, Charlie. I’m sold on this series, I’ll watch it as soon as I finish watching Liar Game (the movie). I wonder what the name of the song playing in the intro is, that song is beautiful.

I haven’t read ID so I can’t say if I would be reminded of that series, but as I watched the intro I couldn’t help but be reminded of Basilisk (manga/anime/J-drama).
    Not sure on the name, its in Chinese but found the full version song of it by the Artist.
    【天下無雙 張靚穎】 四川大學110週年 現塲

Quote Quote:
    are you a Matsumoto Jun fan?

He's going to be Kei Kurono from Gantz. I recognized the name from there.
    I havent watched a lot of J dramas, so I didnt know about him before the Gantz movie info came out. I heard he was popular. Not that it has any relation but I would appreciate if you girls loved me a 10th as much..

@Salachan.

Yep, we heroes fans follow each-other around.
    I'll consider you both as part of my harem.

I added some of the drams I watched to the earlier post. I think thats enough and there are some I missed.
    Last edited by Charlie; November 17, 2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: fixed quote code

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Not sure on the name, its in Chinese but found the full version song of it by the Artist.
    【天下無雙 張靚穎】 四川大學110週年 現塲
    Thank you, Charlie!! You’re the best!

Quote Quote:
    I didn’t know he was going to start in the live-action of Gantz. Is Kei Kurono a good or bad guy?

Quote Quote:
    I havent watched a lot of J dramas, so I didnt know about him before the Gantz movie info came out. I heard he was popular.
    He is very popular, he is an idol in Japan and I’m pretty sure in other parts of the world as well.

Quote Quote:
    Not that it has any relation but I would appreciate if you girls loved me a 10th as much..
    Don’t worry, Charlie-kun. Both you and Jun-kun have a special place in my <3.

Quote Quote:
    I didn’t know you were planning to have a harem , I guess the more the merrier, huh?

Quote Quote:
    I added some of the drams I watched to the earlier post. I think thats enough and there are some I missed.
    Thank you for updating your list. The only series I recognized was “Hot Shot”, and no because I watched it but because it stars Jerry Yan. *swoons*
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 17, 2010 at 11:14 PM.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@Des: Kei is the main character of the Gantz manga/anime.
    Theres a movie thread here, with some of the early previews you can look at.

You'll have to scroll through the pages to find the movie links. This or click the link youtube but you should udpate the search list to recent. The links listed are from a few months a go.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm…you got the info a bit mixed up. It is not Jun-kun who is going to start in Gantz, but Ninomiya Kazunari who is also part of Arashi but not Matsumoto Jun. Salad is Nino’s fan, I’m Jun’s fan. I was wondering why I hadn't heard that Matsumoto Jun was going to start in Gantz and now I know.

But since Salad mentioned Nino was the best actor out of all of them, I guess he will do a great job as Kei in Gantz.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

You are more than welcome to add them to your list
    Haha alright, I just did that~

Quote Quote:
    I’m currently trying to finish watching the Liar Game movie (which has been absolutely awesome so fart btw). Is Kurosagi any good? I know Yamapi starts in that movie but I have no clue if the movie is any good.
    Yes! Liar Game is awesome As for Kurosagi's movie... Well Yamapi can't really act (his awkward acting just happened to fit the role of Akira in NwP), which makes it a bit painful to watch, but otherwise it's not a bad movie... Plot wise I can't remember the details but I remember it seemed quite ludicrous that they seemed to be blaming the economy for all the ills of society...

Quote Quote:
    indeed. I’m a fan of his as well and since we were talking about HYD I might as well mention I was a huge fan of Matsumo Jun x Inoue Mao. They had such an amazing chemistry in HYD.
    Oh~ I'm a huge fan of theirs as well~ XD I really think they have chemistry even off the set, like even during variety shows and stuff heh. There were even rumours of them going out in real life, but who knows

Quote Quote:
    I’m not that big fan of Arashi so the only member from the band I know is Matsumoto Jun. However, I do know most, if not all, of the members from Arashi have also acted in some J-dramas.
    Yup, they all have! Though their leader Ohno until recently mostly acted in stageplays, but in the past 2 years he's been acting in more dramas especially after his first major one, Maou, was a hit.

Quote Quote:
    Thank you for the info, Salad. I’m now looking forward to watch Return of the Condor Heroes even more than before.
    Good to hear it~ Let Charlie and I know what you think, yes?

Quote Quote:
    Ahhh…so both are adaptations from books, cool. I know that whenever a book is adapted into a movie some parts are inevitably left out, I just hope they didn’t omit many things from the book in the Return of the Condor Heroes movie.
    Chinese adaptations of such wuxia stories are usually fairly loyal to the original. I watched/read them ages ago but I don't really recall any major plot divergences. Of course if you're interested in the books I believe there are fan-translated versions floating around the internet too ^^

【天下無雙 張靚穎】 四川大學110週年 現塲
    Tian Xia Wu Shuang (Unrivaled under the Heavens) by Zhang Liang Ying ^^
    [literal translation is probably more like "without another like you/him/her under the heavens")

Quote Quote:

I havent watched a lot of J dramas, so I didnt know about him before the Gantz movie info came out. I heard he was popular. Not that it has any relation but I would appreciate if you girls loved me a 10th as much..

@Salachan.

Yep, we heroes fans follow each-other around.
    Lolwut. Are you sure this is the right forum for that? Surely this belongs in like one of your (since I don't have one hee) meet-the-mods aka spam threads~?

Nah but don't worry, like Destiny, you have a special place in my heart too~ Just that I decided to divest some of it after you mixed up Nino and Jun > Haha, kidding

And yes, Nino is extremely popular (and so is Jun) and not to mention a good actor (he's been in a Hollywood movie, not something many other boyband members can boast about ).

By the way, the other main character of GANTZ (I forgot the character name) will be played by Matsuyama Kenichi, aka L from Death Note ^^ I have seen previews of the movie and it looks great! If I remember correctly, the movie will be opening in the USA as well so Destiny, you can even catch it on the big screen! It's opening here in Singapore as well, but I have no clue about Antarctica...

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Liar Game is awesome
    After completely watching it, I can’t agree more with you. It is absolutely awesome.

Quote Quote:
    As for Kurosagi's movie... Well Yamapi can't really act (his awkward acting just happened to fit the role of Akira in NwP),
    And here I thought he was an incredible actor, because his acting in NwP was great! Well…at least he can dance and sing pretty well.

Quote Quote:
    which makes it a bit painful to watch, but otherwise it's not a bad movie... Plot wise I can't remember the details but I remember it seemed quite ludicrous that they seemed to be blaming the economy for all the ills of society...
    Thank you for the info, Salad!

Quote Quote:
    Oh~ I'm a huge fan of theirs as well~ XD
    Let’s again then.

Quote Quote:
    I really think they have chemistry even off the set, like even during variety shows and stuff heh.
    ITA. I’ve watched a few clips of them in interviews and variety shows and their chemistry is amazing. She even knows his weak point.
    Quote Quote:
    There were even rumours of them going out in real life, but who knows
    I’m not surprised one bit about the rumors, and tbh, I like the idea of Tsukasa x Makino transcending the small screen. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Yup, they all have! Though their leader Ohno until recently mostly acted in stageplays, but in the past 2 years he's been acting in more dramas especially after his first major one, Maou, was a hit.
    I didn’t know Ohno was their leader. But it seems all the boys get along very well.

Quote Quote:
    Good to hear it~ Let Charlie and I know what you think, yes?
    I’ll sure do it.

Quote Quote:
    Chinese adaptations of such wuxia stories are usually fairly loyal to the original. I watched/read them ages ago but I don't really recall any major plot divergences.
    Cool! ^_^ And thank you for the info!

Quote Quote:
    Of course if you're interested in the books I believe there are fan-translated versions floating around the internet too ^^
    I think I’ll just watch the movie.

Quote Quote:
    Tian Xia Wu Shuang (Unrivaled under the Heavens) by Zhang Liang Ying ^^
    [literal translation is probably more like "without another like you/him/her under the heavens")
    Thank you so very much for translating it! And now after knowing the name of the song I love it even more.

Quote Quote:
    By the way, the other main character of GANTZ (I forgot the character name) will be played by Matsuyama Kenichi, aka L from Death Note ^^ I have seen previews of the movie and it looks great! If I remember correctly, the movie will be opening in the USA as well so Destiny, you can even catch it on the big screen! It's opening here in Singapore as well, but I have no clue about Antarctica...
    I have heard some good things about Gantz but I have never read it or watched the anime of it, but who knows, I might give the movie a try. ^^
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 18, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my favorite(s) list:

J-Drama
    1 Litre of Tears
    Gokusen 1-3
    Hammer Session
    Bloody Monday (season 1)
    Hana Yori Dango
    My Boss, My Hero
    Ogon no Buta (currently watching)
    Otomen
    Mei-chan no Shitsuji
    Q10 (currently watching)
    Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso (currently watching)
    Troubleman

J-Movie (sorry if i included my j-movielist, they're just so good that recently I watched..)
    Azumi
    Battle Royale
    Death Note 1-3
    Kaiji
    Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai
    Shinigami no Seido
    The Last Princess
    Lovely Complex
    Shinobi: Heart under Blade

K-Drama
    Coffee Prince
    Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
    Full House
    Hong Gil Dong
    Princess Hours
    Sweet 18
    Boys over flowers
    Hello Franceska
    Windstruck (K-movie)

Taiwanese Drama
    Devil Beside You
    Hana Kimi (I prefer the taiwanese version)
    It Started With A Kiss (season 1)
    Lavender
    Meteor Garden (season 1)
    Poor Prince
    The Prince Who Turns into a Frog

i'll add/update later, if I remember those that I forgot to include on the list...
    Last edited by <.Haruka.>; November 19, 2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added: Hello Franceska (k-drama)

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@ sala chan. I loved that little girl actress from My Girl. Omgawd a tallented little actress.

I think she made me smile / laugh/ tear up a couple times. ((I said that to your mind)) Excludes the comment from everyone else.

@ Haru chan: I liked Meteor garden a lot. I prefer it over the Korean version. Which was very popular in Korea. My brother tired to get me to watch the K subs. He loved the korean version but I thought the actors were inferiorly matched to their Chinese/Taiwan counter parts. Which also prevented me from watching that version after a couple minutes.

@Des chan: If you like Berserk, you will like Gantz. The anime ventures away from the canon material for a filler end. However its still good to watch. Same for the manga.

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting your list, Sakura-chan!
    Quote Originally Posted by <.Haruka.> View Post
    Here's my favorite(s) list:
    Gokusen 1-3
    I only watched the first season of Gokusen, but I have heard the others are great as well. Are season 2 and 3 as good as the first one, Sakura-chan?

Quote Quote:
    Hana Yori Dango
    Yay! Another HYD fan.

Quote Quote:
    J-Movie (sorry if i included my j-movielist, they're just so good that recently I watched..)
    You are more than welcome to include them. ^_^ In fact, thank you for doing it.

Quote Quote:
    My Boss, My Hero
    Coffee Prince
    Devil Beside You
    Meteor Garden
    Yay! We have more series in common. In fact, it was thanks to you that I watched Devil Beside You.

@ sala chan. I loved that little girl actress from My Girl. Omgawd a tallented little actress.
    I need to watch “My Girl”. I think I watched episode 1 and stopped there because I wanted to first read the manga. I read a couple of chapters but I stopped reading the manga as well, in the end I didn’t read it or watch it. But it is part of my must-watch list, so I’ll def. watch it some day.

Mmm…wonder why Charlie didn’t include Meteor Garden in his list and wonders even more why he didn’t give HYD a try…

Does Gantz have any romance? Because…one of the reasons Berserk captivated me was because of

Spoiler: for Berserk manga show

30. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast