Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What did Madara mean when he said Nagato was the third of the Six Paths?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member apainlessend's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did Madara mean when he said Nagato was the third of the Six Paths?

I wouldn't be the slightest bit suprised if Maradara WAS the sage of the six paths. And that Madara is merely ONE of his alter egos.
    CHAIN REACTION - A NARUTO FAN ANIME (More Sasuke Evidence than EVER!!)

EPISODE I: SAKURA'S TEARS

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apainlessend View Post
    I wouldn't be the slightest bit suprised if Maradara WAS the sage of the six paths. And that Madara is merely ONE of his alter egos.
    The only problem here is that Madara is dooing to opposite from what Rikudo whanted.... But perhaps afther all this time he whent nuts ? Who knows but personaly i don't think so. There is to much indication that he died, even by the fact that he sealed the 10 tails in the moon when he knew the end was at hand (or so its said in the manga by i can't remember who :P).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ThEwOrLdEndSwItHmE's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to think Madara said these words in a different context than most here it seems. I think each thing Madara is gathering is one of the Path to gaining all the sage of six paths powers.
    Madara already had
    1.Sharingarn
    2.Senju DNA
    he gained the 3. Rennigan
    and was trying to gather all the beast to make the 4. 10tails
    meaning that once he gained all the paths he would become the new sage of 6paths

I know this theory may not make sense but thats just the way i took it when i first read that chapter. Dont ask me what the final 2 paths would be because i simply dont know. In fact im not even against the theory here stating that he was the 2ndsage and nagato was the 3rd. Im just tossing my idea into the mix
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    He wept with all six eyes, and the tears fell over his three chins mingled with bloody foam. The teeth of each mouth held a sinner, kept as by a flax rake: thus he held three of them in agony
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Skidmore's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i don't think Nagato powers are similar to that of the Uchiha or Senjuu, otherwise he would be able to use Izanagi.

And the brothers didn't share 100 % of their fathers powers, since they are 50% of their mother.

So what i can conclude is that each brother inherity a certain trait of their father, and it was passed down for their descedants.

Altough all this stuff is can't be logically explained, because if it was to use real biology, an Uchiha would have likely had awakened a Senjuu powers, since in his DNA he had such genes.
    Last edited by Skidmore; November 28, 2010 at 05:39 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

When Madara said Nagato was the third of the Six Paths he meant to say that Nagato was the third of the Six Paths =)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sage of Six Paths was the first shinobi with the Rinnegan and the ability to control all types of chakra transformation, including Yin and Yang transformation, which allowed him to manipulate physical and spiritual energies, as well as to combine them together and turn illusion into reality.

The Sage of Six Paths had two sons, one inheriting his body (which held the power of Yang transformation) and the other his eyes (which held the power of Yin transformation). The descendants of these clans became the Senju and Uchiha, with the Hyuuga and Uzumaki clans as offshoots.

Madara refers to "Uchiha Madara" as being the "Second of Six Paths", who reunited the powers of the Senju and Uchiha clans in a single being. Referring to him obtaining Hashirama's Senju genes and combining them with his own Uchiha genes to obtain the Rinnegan and gain the powers of the Sage of Six Paths.

Madara says that Nagato was the "Third of the Six Paths", and also reveals that he was an Uzumaki, and we know the Uzumaki to be an offshoot of the Senju clan. His mother was likely an Uzumaki, and his father strongly resembles an Uchiha, especially in the anime where they have red and black hair, respectively.

This is basically building up to Naruto becoming the "Fourth of the Six Paths", as he already holds both requisite components:

As an Uzumaki, he's inherited the "body" of the Sage of Six Paths; His controlled Jinchuuriki form uses Yang chakra, and his chakra cloak even resembles the Sage of the Six Paths.

Earlier in Part II, Itachi met with Uzumaki and sent one of his Crow Clones down Naruto's throat to give him the power he would need to defeat Sasuke. This most likely means that Naruto has Itachi's Uchiha genes lying dormant within his body.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lomami's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Suzaku your analysis is brilliant. I didn't rewatch the episode with Nagato's parents but you seem to be right, and Madara played the go between for them. The issue is does Madara considere himself as the second six paths ? Maybe it's the famous guy in the last coffin...
    About Itachi's gift to Naruto I have a different intuition: Itachi uses Naruto inner world to meet Sasuke a last time and tell him the truth, like Naruto's parents did. It's a real chatroom !
    If Naruto's got Uchiha genes it must come from the Namikaze side...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hawaplop's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lomami View Post
    Suzaku your analysis is brilliant. I didn't rewatch the episode with Nagato's parents but you seem to be right, and Madara played the go between for them. The issue is does Madara considere himself as the second six paths ? Maybe it's the famous guy in the last coffin...
    About Itachi's gift to Naruto I have a different intuition: Itachi uses Naruto inner world to meet Sasuke a last time and tell him the truth, like Naruto's parents did. It's a real chatroom !
    If Naruto's got Uchiha genes it must come from the Namikaze side...
    It would've made more sense if Minato sealed the evil chakra of the Kyuubi(yin or yang forget which is which) into Naruto so he would have the Uzumaki/Senju good chakra and the Uchiha/Kyuubi evil chakra.
    Last edited by hawaplop; November 30, 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    The Sage of Six Paths was the first shinobi with the Rinnegan and the ability to control all types of chakra transformation, including Yin and Yang transformation, which allowed him to manipulate physical and spiritual energies, as well as to combine them together and turn illusion into reality.

The Sage of Six Paths had two sons, one inheriting his body (which held the power of Yang transformation) and the other his eyes (which held the power of Yin transformation). The descendants of these clans became the Senju and Uchiha, with the Hyuuga and Uzumaki clans as offshoots.

Madara refers to "Uchiha Madara" as being the "Second of Six Paths", who reunited the powers of the Senju and Uchiha clans in a single being. Referring to him obtaining Hashirama's Senju genes and combining them with his own Uchiha genes to obtain the Rinnegan and gain the powers of the Sage of Six Paths.

Madara says that Nagato was the "Third of the Six Paths", and also reveals that he was an Uzumaki, and we know the Uzumaki to be an offshoot of the Senju clan. His mother was likely an Uzumaki, and his father strongly resembles an Uchiha, especially in the anime where they have red and black hair, respectively.

This is basically building up to Naruto becoming the "Fourth of the Six Paths", as he already holds both requisite components:

As an Uzumaki, he's inherited the "body" of the Sage of Six Paths; His controlled Jinchuuriki form uses Yang chakra, and his chakra cloak even resembles the Sage of the Six Paths.

Earlier in Part II, Itachi met with Uzumaki and sent one of his Crow Clones down Naruto's throat to give him the power he would need to defeat Sasuke. This most likely means that Naruto has Itachi's Uchiha genes lying dormant within his body.
    I have a slightly other theory about what Madara meant but i have to admit that your explanation is possible.
    In my opinion, you have to obtain six different powers to be like the RS.
    Madara tells Konan that he stole DNA from Hashirama and injected it into himself and that two of the six paths were now in one being, meaning that the powers of the uchiha and the senju are each one of the paths you have to "walk" (Danzou also had two of the six paths in him, but he couldn´t control Hashiramas power.)
    After that Madara tells us that Nagato is the 3rd of the six paths meaning that the Rinnegan is one of the six paths or powers you have to obtain.

1.) Uchiha powers
    2.) Senju powers
    3.) Rinnegan

The other paths can only be guessed at this moment but i have a few ideas about that

4.) A huge amount of chakra, for example the chakra of the juubi
    5.) Control of all the five known elements + the one unknown ( Jiraiya mentioned that the RS had control over six elements)
    6.) This one is hard but could be something spiritual

If you assume that this theory is right, then it would mean that Naruto already has 2 or maybe even 3 of these powers or "paths". He has the Senju powers and a huge amount of chakra( Kyuubi). Itachis gift to Naruto could be the Uchiha powers in form of his DNA and would mean that Naruto has three of these powers. This would also explain Narutos resemblance to the RS when he uses the Kyuubi Chakra.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Look,surely madara and hashirama were two paths http://www.mangareader.net/93-57473-...apter-510.html ,so your supposition is alright.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoNamikaze View Post
    After that Madara tells us that Nagato is the 3rd of the six paths meaning that the Rinnegan is one of the six paths or powers you have to obtain.

1.) Uchiha powers
    2.) Senju powers
    3.) Rinnegan

The other paths can only be guessed at this moment but i have a few ideas about that

4.) A huge amount of chakra, for example the chakra of the juubi
    5.) Control of all the five known elements + the one unknown ( Jiraiya mentioned that the RS had control over six elements)
    6.) This one is hard but could be something spiritual

If you assume that this theory is right, then it would mean that Naruto already has 2 or maybe even 3 of these powers or "paths". He has the Senju powers and a huge amount of chakra( Kyuubi).
    I was about to ask what those six paths are. It was a good thing I read this reply.

In short, the remaining three have not yet been introduced to us. We could only speculate what those three are. Looks like Naruto the series still has far ways to go!

Maybe the fourth path is the Byakugan. Remember that Madara's mask has three holes in it. The right part is for Sharingan, the left part for Rinnegan, while the forehead part is for the Byakugan? LOL

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

There was never such a thing as path gathering. This mistranslation was cleared up months ago, first by Sleepyfans' release and then by boyakist in her reviews. For that reason I'm closing this topic and moving it into the Office as there's no meaning to discuss path gathering.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2