Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Favorite Asian Drama Quotes

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Asian Drama Quotes

We have a thread to post our favorite manga quotes and we have one to post our favorite anime quotes, but we don’t have a thread to post our favorite quotes from Asian dramas. So here’s a thread where we can post those quotes we love from Asian dramas or movies.

Being a big Hana Yori Dango fan, I would like for my first contribution to this thread to be a quote from that fantastic J-drama.

Hana Yori Dango Episode 5

Makino: "Domyouji…are you okay?".... "Domyouji!"

Domyouji: "Of course…I’m not okay."

Makino: "Why? Why didn't you fight back?"

Domyouji: "If I lifted a finger... I wouldn't have been able to protect you. I'll just say this... I even knew that you were the 'kotori.' (Kotori is a game of catch-the-child.)

Makino: "Dummy. You mean 'otori,' right?" (Itori means bait or decoy.)

Domyouji: "Oh..."

Makino: "If you knew, then why'd you come?"

Spoiler: because what Domyouji says can be spoilerish show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 19, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Asian Drama Quotes

Ah, I liked that quote too I also liked the final scene of season 2 as well as of the movie (when "One Love" the theme song is playing). Wait, is that a spoiler ._. Guess I better not post it in case. Actually a lot of Doumyouji's slip-ups are hilarious. I remember "Shake Peer (Shakespeare)" and him thinking Shinagawa was Hingawa and there are so many more but I can't remember

HanaDan Season 2
    (Makino and Doumyouji sleeping in a shed in the middle of the blizzard, but in the morning the blizzard has died down)
    Rescuers: Are you in trouble?
    Doumyouji: SOU NAN DA! (double entendre - sounan da = we're stranded; sou nan da = that's right!)

Maou
    Naruse Ryou: The truth is something that cannot be distorted

Numerous other great quotes from Maou but a large number of them are spoilers... Or taken out of context, kinda lose their meaning.

Liar Game the final stage
    Kanzaki Nao: If I have to doubt someone, then I'd rather get fooled instead

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Ah, I liked that quote too I also liked the final scene of season 2
    What scene are you referring to, Salad?

Spoiler: for scene show

Quote Quote:
    as well as of the movie (when "One Love" the theme song is playing).
    Spoiler: for scene show

Quote Quote:
    Wait, is that a spoiler ._. Guess I better not post it in case.
    You can post the quotes as long as you place them inside a spoiler box. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Actually a lot of Doumyouji's slip-ups are hilarious. I remember "Shake Peer (Shakespeare)" and him thinking Shinagawa was Hingawa and there are so many more but I can't remember
    Those slip-ups were very funny indeed. The fact that I don’t remember them all makes me want to watch HYD again.

Quote Quote:
    HanaDan Season 2
    (Makino and Doumyouji sleeping in a shed in the middle of the blizzard, but in the morning the blizzard has died down)
    Rescuers: Are you in trouble?
    Doumyouji: SOU NAN DA! (double entendre - sounan da = we're stranded; sou nan da = that's right!)
    That quote was great. I like it as well. And to complement your quote:

Makino: Huh? That’s so lame! Uh, I don’t know this guy.
    Domyouji: Hey, Makino! Why would you say that, my “sweat” honey?
    Makino: You mean “sweet” honey!

Quote Quote:
    Liar Game the final stage
    Kanzaki Nao: If I have to doubt someone, then I'd rather get fooled instead
    There are some awesome quotes from the Liar Game series and movie, I’ll post some of them soon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From the K-drama "Personal Taste:"

“A person like you has never waited all day for a phone call from the person you like. Or felt that your heart might burst, just from looking at this person. You could die and come back from the grave and never know. The person who made me feel that way told me to come outside. No matter how wrong he was, I want to hear him out. What can I do? I’m just built like this, so what can I do?” – Kae In

From the J-drama "Hana Yori Dango":

“It’s not like a manga where you can say that you accidentally fell and your lips met” – Akira

“Patience is a virtue. You must love in order to be loved.” – Tsubaki

From the J-drama "Gokusen":

“Fighting and violence are different! Violence is when you gang up and beat up someone, for no reason. Fighting is when you fight for something or someone precious to you.” – Yankumi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Secret Garden

"If a man ever tells you he fell for you at first sight , punch him…its just another way of saying he wants to get you to bed and stop wasting time" - Kim Joo-won
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 26, 2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

From 'Nodame Cantabile' (Saishu Gakusho Kouhen/The Final Movement part 2):

"For example, just like the weather can change a sound, one small thing can change everything." -- Chiaki Shinichi

"No matter how painful, no matter how much solitary struggle awaits us, because we have joyous moments like this... we can face the challenge over and over again." -- Chiaki Shinichi

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From Drunken to Love You:

“I have decided to fall in love with you…….and to make you fall in love with me.” Song Jie Xiu

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fated to Love You

“Life is like a gamble. You can’t win every game. But if the chip is in your hands, you will always have hope.” – Cun Xi

“I only know that the first time is accidental, the second time is inevitable, and the third time is by fate…” – Cun Xi

“A girl is just to innocent when she is fooled on the first time. But she is too naive if fooled for the second time. And if she is still fooled for the third time, she is stupid.” – Xin Yi

“Don’t run away from things you are scared of anymore. Don’t mistaken the things God planned for you. Look at him. This man has agreed to end 9 generations for you. Shouldn’t you work hard for him in return?” – Dylan

“If you can’t forget the past, then don’t forget it. Bury it in your heart. Let it become a part of your story.” – Zhong Shang Long

“I said you can’t fall in love with me. But I didn’t say that I can’t fall in love with you!” – Cun Xi

“Meeting you has been the best miracle of my life” – Xin Yi

“Ever since you’ve moved out of the house, my only job seems to be reporting to you what has she been eating, what has she been doing. And now, ‘Oh! Take a day off from work! Go and buy Jiang Jun Bao from Jiang Mu Dao for her!’” – Anson

“Perhaps it is 100% fated that I will have feelings for you.” – Cun Xi

“Sticky notes can be gotten easily when you need them, torn down and thrown away when you don’t. Easy to tear and does not stick. Never leaves any trace and easily forgotten.” – Xin Yi

“Expressing my love to a girl for the first time, and it is being taken as a joke.” – Dylan

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Greatest Love Episode 2

“It’s yellow, and electricity comes out of its head"

“huh?"

"It starts with 'pi' and ends with 'chu' "

“Pikachu”

"Bingo!"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Delightful Girl Choon Hyang

“You’re such a simpleton. Why is everything black or white with you? It’s not as simple as like or dislike. It could be kind of like or kind of dislike. There’s plenty of gray areas.” – Chun-hyang

My Girl (Korea)
    “Whenever you have someone you love by your side, you can’t hear or see anything but them.” – Yoorin

“I’ll let her go. I won’t let her go. I have to let her go. I can’t let her go. I can let her go. I don’t… want to let her go.” – Gong Chan

“If you’re gonna cry in front of me about another man… then stop being so pretty to me.” – Jeong Woo

“Because you make me so worried, mad, and make me think about you a lot… I’m going crazy!” – Gong Chan

“You… you can’t lie about love” – Yoo Rin

“That’s right, I’m crazy. But, I don’t ever want to go back to being of sound mind again. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to. Because as crazy as I may get, I only have eyes for Ju Yoo Rin.” – Gong Chan

“From now on… I’ll stop lying…. I love you.” – Yoo Rin

“Alright, turn your back on me. But I’ll always be right here.” – Jeong Woo

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho

“The most painful death to a human isn’t his own, but the death of a loved one.” — Park Dong Ju

“I can see really far and hear very well, but since I can’t see or hear you, you must really be far away. I’ve been living for so long that I didn’t know how time flowed, but after I met you my heart began to tell time. While I was with you, I would think, ‘Just a little longer’ while the time passed really quickly. But without you, time goes so slowly as I think, ‘I miss you.’ You know what? It feels like my heart has been bewitched by you and counts time all on its own.” – Mi-ho

“I like you so much that now, I can’t stop there. I can’t pretend I don’t like you, either. All I can do is not show you that I like you. All I can do is keep from begging you to like me. If I’m going to slowly distance myself from you, I think I’ll have to run really hard.” – Mi-ho

“It’s not okay. It’s absurd and outrageous and crazy, but I like you. I don’t like you because it’s okay to like you — it’s that because I like you, everything’s okay.” – Dae Woong

---------- Post added October 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was October 29, 2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

"It doesnt matter if its another person. I needed you because I like you. I didn’t like you because I needed you. I need you because you’re my only love.” – Mi Ho

“I believed that doing what the other person wanted was love. I did that, and for more than a thousand years I have regretted it. I don’t want to repeat the same mistake.” – Dong Joo

---------- Post added November 04, 2012 at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was October 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

" 'I’m sorry’ or ‘thank you’. Which one is the better answer?” – Sam Shin Grandmother

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gu Family Book

"The first exception is the most crucial mistake. Once you make the first exception, the second and third times become easier."
    Jo Gwan Woong

"Even an old shoe has a matching pair. Why would a human being be matchless"?"
    Monk Sojung

"There is nothing more arduous and complicated than loving a woman. I mean, seriously. Why do you think I left secular world? Even a human men can’t handle human woman. Even worse for you."
    Monk Sojung

"I've seen many who call themselves human but who act like less than animals."
    Admiral Lee Soon Shin

"The ones you love the most are always the ones that hurt you the most."
    Admiral Lee Soon Shin

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply