Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's Dad, Ishida's Dad and Urahara

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's Dad, Ishida's Dad and Urahara

It seems to me in the previous chapters that Ichigo's dad, Ishida's dad and Urahara know eacgh other Anybody has any ideas what the relationship betweeen them could be?

Intl Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member voldy18's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Dad, Ishida's Dad and Urahara

Ah, one of the great mysteries of Bleach!
    There are so many possbilities.... Uruhara and Isshin might know each other from SS or they might have met only after Isshin decided to stay in the real world. Ryuuken and Isshin might have met when they were fighting Hollows, or in med-school or somewhere else. Uruhara and Ryuuken might have met through Isshin. We don't know.
    However, I got the impression that Ryuuken and Isshin used to be friends. Whereas Isshin and Uruhara seem to have a more distant relationship. And Ryuuken and Uruhara don't seem to like each other much - or at least Ryuuken doesn't like Uruhara. I might be wrong though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadodo
    It seems to me in the previous chapters that Ichigo's dad, Ishida's dad and Urahara know eacgh other Anybody has any ideas what the relationship betweeen them could be?
    a threesome?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

huzzah~
    my theory:

Isshin was Urahara's vice captain, something happened that caused Isshin to lose his trust in Urahara and so they became distanced (this could be about the time when Isshin moved to earth, I think he moved BEFORE Urahara was banished)

On earth, he met Ryuuken, methinks it happened similar to how Ichigo met Uryuu. Their relationship probably evolved similarly... Though Isshin might be more friendly to Ryuuken than Ryuuken to Isshin, because of his grudge against Shinigami.

This could be about when Urahara & Yoruichi left Soul Society, I think Urahara was aware of Ichigo (or perhaps Ichigo was already born and Urahara did something to him?) and therefore chose to stay in town, to guide him, so he'd grow up to his full potential.

Isshin and Ryuuken must have picked up on Urahara's presence, neither of them seem like the type to pay him any visits, given the situation.

So... to summarize:

Isshin likes Ryuuken, but he has a grudge against Urahara.
    Urahara likes Isshin, doesn't care for Ryuuken more than he would for an ally.
    Ryuuken respects Isshin, but his grudge against Shinigami is keeping him from becoming too close. He doesn't care for Urahara.

Mangahelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we do know that Urahara caused Isshin's reiatsu to disappear. Since he was banished because of doing such bodies that don't regenerate chakra, it wouldn't surprise me if he gave Isshin one of those.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a problem with the idea of Isshin being Urahara's former vice-captain. I thought that was probably Tessai.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kurosakistrawberry
    I have a problem with the idea of Isshin being Urahara's former vice-captain. I thought that was probably Tessai.
    methinks Tessai, Jinta and Ururu are konpaku that Urahara designed himself.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Ururu as being an artificial soul, but Jinta seems more like a real human. I don't think Tessai is an artificial soul, could an artificial soul do a Way of Binding Number 99?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kurosakistrawberry
    I can see Ururu as being an artificial soul, but Jinta seems more like a real human. I don't think Tessai is an artificial soul, could an artificial soul do a Way of Binding Number 99?
    Jinta seems more like a real human the way Kon seems like a real human, if you catch my drift.

And hey, if Urahara can make the hougyouku, do you really think it's THAT far-fetched for him to be able to create a mod soul as strong as Tessai? besides, what defines a shinigami? zanpakutoh. Ururu uses a rocket launcher, Jinta a mallet and Tessai fights with his bare hands. Why doesn't he use a zanpakutoh? Anyway this is getting off-topic.

Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    a threesome?
    you a real pervert![br]Posted on: December 08, 2006, 06:42:05 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by ibra87
    Well, we do know that Urahara caused Isshin's reiatsu to disappear. Since he was banished because of doing such bodies that don't regenerate chakra, it wouldn't surprise me if he gave Isshin one of those.
    Don't you mean reatsu instead of chakra?[br]Posted on: December 08, 2006, 06:45:13 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by ibra87
    Wasn't Urahara also banished for making that thing he inserted inside Rukia?
    Also I was thinking that maybe Isshin and Urahara were banished at the same time.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it... Isshin left to live in the living world with his wife and have a family and all that fun stuff...

besides, it's obvious Isshin doesn't trust Urahara as much as he used to, I'm sticking to my theory: Isshin moved out first and when Urahara got kicked out, he moved into the same town.

Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Isshin moved out because of the king?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see who the king is...

I suppose Tessai and Jinta could be mod souls. If so, then Ichigo's dad would by my first bet on who Urahara's vice-captain was. But, doesn't it seem like they would be closer if they had been captain and subordinate?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Not neccesarily, We actually know next to nothing of how one becomes a vice captain, and when you think about it many of the captain/vice captain pairs are eccentric enough to let you beleive that the two could not have chosen to be paired. For instance, I doubt Hitsugaya chose Rangiku, or that Nanao wanted to work under Kyuraku, even less do I beleive that Soi Fong, wanted the fat man as her second in command. As always I could be wrong on this one too, all I am saying is that we don't know one way or another how a captein gets his/her vice. And therefor we cannot assume that they would neccesarily be on good terms with each other.

Talk about a long answer to a simple question...
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I REALLY doubt that Soi Fon chose that guy as her vice-captain. And Renji doesn't seem to get along with Byakuya that well either.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast