Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Secondary Characters

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Favorite Secondary Characters

Nishi form Gantz has always been my favorite secondary character, the way his character is build represents him to be cruel however he just represents a dark side of human behavior I believe Oku wanted to represent that it does not matter how old you are, in Nishi's case a 14 year old boy, some humans are just cruel and strange.

Goto/Godo from Berserk, I mean the guy is just a typical old man that really gets my respect, I like all the things he did for Guts. I just liked his overall part in the story for some reason.

Rolo from Code Geass, many might consider him leading, but all his actions pointed that he was secondary, I loved him overall character as well.
    Spoiler show

Mr Satan from Dragonball Z, I mean if you do not like this guy for comedy you have got to love him for all the confusion he makes. at one point I did not like him getting all the fame and fortune but I soon got used to it and learned to like him.

Four Eyes(I don't remember his real name) from Liar game, pure hearted character I think he is one that was just mixed in a wrong game, still he is a real refreshment to the series.

Matsuda from Death Note, I always found clumsy characters to be really good-hearted, he liked to serve for the greater good I think.
    Spoiler show

Takeru
    from Digimon Adventure, well not much to say, again many will consider him a lead character, and I thought he will be the lead character but I suppose in the first anime he was not such a lead character, but oh well I liked him again for being so honest and pure of heart, which was understandable he was so young.

Kuma from One Piece, hm what can I say my favorite shichibukai and well a really great character, also:
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

From D.Gray-man: Tyki Mikk, Road, Sheryl and Wisely. Acyually, Tyki is my favorite character from DGM.

From Naruto: Zetsu, Juugo, Mizukage, Gaara, Shikamaru, Neji, Kurenai, Minato, Kushina.

From Bleach: Hitsugaya, Ukitake, Zangetsu, Byakuya, Yoiruchi and Ulquiorra.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, Hohenheim, and Scar are my favorite from Fullmetal Alchemist.

From Death Note, L is my favorite.

From Kimi ni Todoke, I like Yano, Yoshida, and Ryu. Yano's intelligence and wickedness is pretty awesome, and Yoshida's personality is awesome! Ryu's pretty cool, especially the way he caught the ball before it whacked Sawako.

From GE - Good Ending, I like Utsumi's friend... the one that knows a lot about women, apparently.

I forgot Trafalgar Law! Thanks to Sari (below my post) for reminding me! <3

Bloody Monday - Otoya's pretty awesome and reliable!

Piccolo from Dragon Ball is cool too. Serious, but he can funny at times. Kuririn is epic as well.

Hm, what other mangas have I read/do I read?
    Last edited by M3J; February 11, 2011 at 12:28 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me add one more to my roster!

Trafalgar Law (ONE PIECE): I want the other Supernovas to reappear; more specifically I want to see Law again. XD He's impolite, nonchalant and the epitome of cool. He has a bear in his crew so that quirkiness draws me in as well. Hopefully more will be known about him in the future. My reasons for liking him is pretty shallow right now.

EDIT: You ninja'ed me, Milly!

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta add Chiaki of Tenjo Tenge, Bob's very dedicated girlfriend.
    Has a super cute voice in japanese
    1_20080316_223828.jpg

eventually Bob is my second favorite character of that series after her, while I don't really like Tenjo Tenge itself :&

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I have alot of favorite secondary characters :S I always prefer secondary characters better than the main ones -_-

Izumi from Gantz: Cold, Serious, Strong and doesn't joke around. His introduction was perfect, and the way he returned to the game was scary and well done. H's the best character in Gantz (IMO).
    Nishi from Gantz Although he acted like a child during his first appearance (last moments), he proved to be the most "atama ii" character during the whole story.
    Schierke from berserk: a very talented young witch. Wise and powerful and sometimes acts like a little child. A special character in a special manga.
    Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman: When you see him, you think that he's the arrogant type of geniuses but on the contrary, he's a very nice person and he's always friendly and weird as hell.
    Young Gaara from Naruto: Young Gaara was my favorite character in Naruto before he became a nice guy. He used to be a demon in human flesh but lately he became plain and annoying.
    Nagato/Pain from Naruto: I don't want to say anything about him. He's my favorite character in the whole manga universe ^^.

There are a lot of good secondary characters that I like. I may post some later

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Secondary Characters:
    Maria Tachibana (Sakura Wars)
    Glycine Bleumer (Sakura Wars 3)
    Sylvie van Hossen (Princess Lover)
    Archer (Fate/Stay Night)
    Avril Bradley (GOSICK)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Blade of the Immortal:
    Doa and Isaku. Cool team Gotta like Isaku right away and Doa is an interesting girl.
    Taito Magatsu. Reminds me a bit of Kakashi (from Naruto).

Anotsu is a cool guy, too

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've grown fond of Howard Link from D. Gray-man. The first impression was that of a loyal servant (?), but I like how he's slowly loosening his stiff mannerisms. He's letting his true feelings show rather than the front he puts in front of Lvellie.

Most importantly he bakes sweets!!

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Hatake Kakashi from Naruto and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. Zoro, Robin, Nami, and Sanji are my favorite from One Piece.

Can't forget about Izumi from Good Ending, he's smart and insightful. Ryu from Kimi ni Todoke is cool as well, and an awesomely laid back guy. A great complement to Chiwa's personality. :3

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO I see all the Straw Hat members as being a main character in their own right even though Luffy is the official protagonist. It just goes to show how much depth each one of them has.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Can't forget about Izumi from Good Ending, he's smart and insightful. Ryu from Kimi ni Todoke is cool as well, and an awesomely laid back guy. A great complement to Chiwa's personality. :3
    Izumi is my favourite in the series, and I like Ryu too. They're both the calm and observant types.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed there are very few main characters that I actually care about, as opposed to the multitude of secondary characters that are on my faves list, I personally find them to be more open to interpretations.

Saito Hajime from RK is definitely up there. I enjoy the fact that he's a relic from the past who's clung on to his old ideologies; yet at the same time a perfect survivalist who's able to adapt his life in order to carry out such believes. Once no longer a shinsengumi the man immediately became an elite amongst the police. Whether his desire to duel Kenshin was simply out of blood-lust, or his sentimental side wishing to return to that bygone era (if only momentarily), is anyone's guess; but it's certainly made this character all the more interesting.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I can't forget Furuichi from Beelzebub. The man is too damn funny not to be included. xD He and Alain Delon make an amazing comedy pair, amirite goodsy and anyone else?

Hilda and Aoi are my favorites too because they're hot, and they kick ass.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace from One Piece
    Spoiler:  for possible spoiler show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 01, 2011 at 06:35 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiramaru Kazuya from Bakuman: He's just damn hilarious and he always makes me laugh

Nosferatu Zodd from Berserk: Always liked his pugnacious character and his monster form is just epic

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast