Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk 318 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 318 Discussion

I don't know the extent to how true these articles are but I get the impression that he must have quite a lonely life. Shame he doesn't hire some assistants, releases would be a lot quicker.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...kentaro-miura/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay its time for Operation: LOVE to commerce! We must all team up and find the most crazy beautiful manga/anime fangirl..When we do we must not give in and keep her, we must send her to Miura so he is not lonely anymore and she can kick him in the head on when he wants to take a break on berserk

Having these long breaks make me forget whats currently happening..
    So farnny can do some good effective spells now, I wonder if Isma has a cool merrow power? Guts is batmaning to the cave. I would this sea god to be epic and powerful and after guts fights it, it decides to give guts some power, He will prob say no and he'll give it to sheirke instead.
    But i bet The sea god will mention griffith to anger guts.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Best case scenario for us would be a group on insane Otaku's storming his house and taking him hostage, forcing him to work in a basement until Berserk's complete.

Also I wonder if this Sea God is linked to the God Hand or on similar grounds of knowledge and power. That would be cool if we could finally get some good insight of what the God Hand are and their motives. Something good for the plot at least, otherwise I would rather see Gutts fighting a memeber of the God Hand.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    But Miura may not be able to draw the way he would lol OR HE COULD DEFEAT US ALL BY SAYING A MAJOR SPOILER AND WE ARE ALL LIKE NOOOO, or he could change the way the story was so we would hate it or something lol. The power of the pen!

I would say "similar grounds of knowledge"
    But i think Skull Knight should explain it all to guts, but i think he hasn't so far because guts wants to protect caska. Skull Knight is waiting for Guts to have caska memeries regain, then she could leave with the child and guts will go to the next battlefield. Caska said that to guts once too, something like 'You just go, find a battlefield to swing your sword'

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShuter View Post
    I don't know the extent to how true these articles are but I get the impression that he must have quite a lonely life. Shame he doesn't hire some assistants, releases would be a lot quicker.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...kentaro-miura/
    I have to view it as an artist. If you think about it thats how he views this manga and its why he has no assistants to speak of. This entire manga is his master work that only he should take credit for it. You can see how his style has evolved and became fine tuned from the first chapter to how it is now. I don't want him to change anything or rush anything, because each chapter is such a credit to some of the best drawings you will ever see.

This manga is in its own league when it comes to the art work and the story style. So for me thats how I view it. Its a very fine piece of work and on that alone I am okay with the long waits.

That being said he has never let a single plot hole exist and I believe he has the entire story researched down to the finest detail. So the end is already planned he's just taking us there one step at a time.
    Last edited by llamapie; February 01, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree his work is fantastic but there has to be a point of balance between quality and quantity. One piece has a great storyline, characters and world - sure the art style might be a bit simple compared to berserk but it is a weekly release with great story so there could be a balance. I guess he has his employers under his thumb...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shouryuujo View Post
    i agree his work is fantastic but there has to be a point of balance between quality and quantity. One piece has a great storyline, characters and world - sure the art style might be a bit simple compared to berserk but it is a weekly release with great story so there could be a balance. I guess he has his employers under his thumb...
    I am a huge fan of One Piece more for the creative story than the art work. Berserk I am a huge fan for both reasons. You can't compare the 2. One Piece is a shonen and by default the demand for weekly releases is required. Berserk is 100% on Miura's schedule and he has no one telling him that matters to hurry up with his releases. Fact is his fan base continues to grow regardless of his erratic schedule. That says a whole lot about the quality of this manga.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Image if he did like a chapter every 3 or 2 weeks (i say 3 so he has time to draw the best he can), think of how many 1000's of fans he would get.

Does anyone think Isma can do anything except being black comedy with the children?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member verseatyle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone that I wish Miura would pick up the pace a bit, but when you're creating story AND magnificent drawings, there's a price to be paid.. in this case, it's time. One thing that I hope will be answered is how soon will the berserker armor affect Guts' physical appearance. Upon arriving at Elfheim? After? During battle w/ apostles?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member smokeesid's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Still it is quite too much of a break in between the chapters. Considering he is involved with Berserk for 20 odd years, he probably has thought out all the story and its evident by looking at each chapter which is completely planned and doesn't contain any wasteful panels. Giving only 1 volume a year is still too slow. No matter what kind of artwork it is but at least give us 1.5 volumes a year

I can not conceive what is going on with Miura. Its hard to believe that for such an artwork and illustration he has to take this much amount of time. In this way he will take more than 20 years to complete it cuz I bet the ending is atleast 200 chapters away (and most probably be more) and 10 chapters a year means 20 years and if something happens to him cuz its such a long course then Berserk would be gone
    Last edited by smokeesid; February 04, 2011 at 06:17 AM.
    Some people are born like keys who move this world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    I have to view it as an artist. If you think about it thats how he views this manga and its why he has no assistants to speak of. This entire manga is his master work that only he should take credit for it. You can see how his style has evolved and became fine tuned from the first chapter to how it is now. I don't want him to change anything or rush anything, because each chapter is such a credit to some of the best drawings you will ever see.

This manga is in its own league when it comes to the art work and the story style. So for me thats how I view it. Its a very fine piece of work and on that alone I am okay with the long waits.

That being said he has never let a single plot hole exist and I believe he has the entire story researched down to the finest detail. So the end is already planned he's just taking us there one step at a time.
    Yeah it probably just down to how the guy wants to work himself. Assistants could produce similar results when it comes to shading and background detail. But after doing this for 20 years I don't blame the guy for not wanting to change his routine, would be pretty horrible.

Also yes I would imagine he has this story down to every detail, mostly because of the sheer amount of research work he apparently does.

Also thinking about it, I probably resent the kid characters in Berserk altogether. I think they take away a lot of grittiness and maturity I would prefer for Berserk to be like. But like that article I linked they guy probably is desperate to try other things. He tried doing a couple of shoujo projects and of course his love of Idol Master and Moe reflects in some of these characters.
    Last edited by SuperShuter; February 04, 2011 at 09:40 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spartacus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Miura us in his 40s, then I suppose he'll end Berserk in his 60s...
    20 years from now, Berserk should be over somehow...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Moldova
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he doesn't die till then !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everybody think Miura will kick the bucket until then? He's a mangaka, so he doesn't travel much by car, plane, train or whatever. The only problems he could have are health-related (as he draws 14 hours a day) or natural calamities. He will live to finish the series. He stated in a response to a letter sent by the guys at SK.net that the story was at 65%, which means what, 10 years from now, or maybe 15? He had plans for another series and I may be 40 years old by the time I get to read it, but I will read it.
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Japanese people have a long life average. But no one knows when someone will die.
    I'd love to see Berserk becoming a regular release... Maybe a monthly manga like Claymore ^^

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast