Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Berserk 318 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 318 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    I don't think that Gatts will be unable to fight after his encounter with the sea god. I think that the sea god will somehow destroy the protection against the lesser demons going after him every night that schierke and her master drew on him, so he will be forced to protect the ship every night despite his great injuries (like he always did).
    And one more thing: I really doubt that after they come to Elfheim and the elf king heals Casca she will return back to what she's been like. Berserk is everchanging, there's no way that something would revert back to being how it was before (that happens only with Gatts and even whit him it's like that only to emphasize his uselesness, so he can at least change his way of thinking - like it was when Casca fell of the ship and he was thinking something along the lines "even if I substitute my arm for a fake one, it won't go back to how it used to be"). My point is that Casca will be different after she's cured.
    I actually think Casca is going to return to her badass self. And she will lead the current group, because lets face it Gatts isn't much of a leader he treats Shrieke like the current commander because she's the most knowledgeable which is true for the most part. But I think Casca will be able to utilize the group more effectively in combat having a nice leadership background. Although I don't mind if she doesn't return to her old self since her mentally impaired self right now is pretty funny for me.

Got a question that kid with with the black hair that is assumed as Casca's child that doesn't speak. Is he the spawn of darkness that came out of Casca after being raped by Griffin or did that spawn of darkness die back in that tower arc when he was eaten by that other demon? If he isn't Griffin's spawn of Darkness and actually Gatts kid when did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by thecap20 View Post
    man i cant wait to see how the sea god looks like.
    i predict that the sea god is related to the god hand or the apostles in some way because watching how guts mark was bleeding in the last page made me really suspicious on that matter.
    its suppose to bleed near apostles or the god hand not near mystic creatures like trolls etc.
    what do you think guys?
    Actually it bleeds for trolls as well, I think although it might had just bled for the Ogre during the town troll arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bigman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireFistLuffy
    Got a question that kid with with the black hair that is assumed as Casca's child that doesn't speak. Is he the spawn of darkness that came out of Casca after being raped by Griffin or did that spawn of darkness die back in that tower arc when he was eaten by that other demon? If he isn't Griffin's spawn of Darkness and actually Gatts kid when did this happen?
    To my understanding the "spawn of darkness" you speak of is Gatts child. Casca was pregnant with Gatts child during the Griffin rape and that event tainted Casca's & Gatts unborn child infecting it with evil. It was never Griffin's seed. Also the Skull Knight said back when the fetus came out of Casca that it will return to Gatts and Caska for children even demonic, long to seek out their parents.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the current Griffith in the real world is Caska & Gatts's child...?
    I kinda think that Griffith has the will to seek out his "fake" parents...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    So the current Griffith in the real world is Caska & Gatts's child...?
    I kinda think that Griffith has the will to seek out his "fake" parents...
    I'm totally lost at what you are asking. Griffith(Femto) is not that miscarriage messed up fetus that has seemed to come back as a little boy. I'm pretty sure it goes like this

1. Gatts gets Caska pregnant when he returns to save the hawks before rescuing Griffith from prison.

2. Griffith becomes Femto, rapes Caska and infects the fetus making it evil.

3. Caska miscarriages but the fetus is alive and before Gatts kills it, Caska protects it and it disappears. Skull Knight says even though it is evil it will seek out his parents and will return to them.

4. Fast forward and now its back as a little boy that magically appeared and will probably disappear again.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigman View Post
    I'm totally lost at what you are asking. Griffith(Femto) is not that miscarriage messed up fetus that has seemed to come back as a little boy. I'm pretty sure it goes like this

1. Gatts gets Caska pregnant when he returns to save the hawks before rescuing Griffith from prison.

2. Griffith becomes Femto, rapes Caska and infects the fetus making it evil.

3. Caska miscarriages but the fetus is alive and before Gatts kills it, Caska protects it and it disappears. Skull Knight says even though it is evil it will seek out his parents and will return to them.

4. Fast forward and now its back as a little boy that magically appeared and will probably disappear again.
    You missed the part where the baby went into the Behlit Apostle and was reborn into the griffith husk that is masquerading at the moment. And it seems that is what is allowing Femto to roam freely in the real world. So yes I would say its partly their child.

And the moonlight child I believe is the soul of their child that was forced out when Femto took over the fetus.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm waiting to see if the moonlight child and Griffith share the same body or if they have become separated. Let's assume that they share the same body. The child shows up during a full moon so perhaps during this time the child's will is strong enough to assume control over the host body. Which would mean that maybe the child possesses Griffith's godhand powers too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    You missed the part where the baby went into the Behlit Apostle and was reborn into the griffith husk that is masquerading at the moment. And it seems that is what is allowing Femto to roam freely in the real world. So yes I would say its partly their child.

And the moonlight child I believe is the soul of their child that was forced out when Femto took over the fetus.
    hm yeah i did, ah its getting confusing...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    What I'm waiting to see if the moonlight child and Griffith share the same body or if they have become separated. Let's assume that they share the same body. The child shows up during a full moon so perhaps during this time the child's will is strong enough to assume control over the host body. Which would mean that maybe the child possesses Griffith's godhand powers too.
    We're all assuming its their kid. It seems obvious of course and makes a lot of sense. But really the child has already displayed powers that seem very useful to the group. So beyond that I would say they're completely separated. Remember the first time we saw him was just on a full moon before the worlds began merging. Its possible now he will remain a corporal being now that the worlds are merged.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    We're all assuming its their kid. It seems obvious of course and makes a lot of sense. But really the child has already displayed powers that seem very useful to the group. So beyond that I would say they're completely separated. Remember the first time we saw him was just on a full moon before the worlds began merging. Its possible now he will remain a corporal being now that the worlds are merged.
    I'm going to have disagree on that one. For one, at the beach on vol. 28 the child showed up during the full moon. There's a scene were Gut's looks at a cliff and dismisses it. But on closer inspection, it looks like the outline of Zodd's horn and wing blending in with the cliff. After fighting the possessed crocodiles and the whale, the child leaves the party and he can be seen on the cliff looking down at Guts' party.

Now, in the recent episodes, he has shown up due to the full moon. Which would mean that you are right that he is a separate entity and manifests during a full moon. Or he is transported there.

Also, at the Hill of Swords, Griffith reflects that the small amount emotion he feels must be attributed to his host body.

Here's something, what if the Behelit apostle gave birth to the saviour of the world, but it wasn't Griffith? Perhaps the moonlight child is.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The moon child being the saviour sounds farfetched. I think the moon child is simply the true form of their child, seeing as it's body was corrupted by the demons way back. Honestly, I think that as the astral planes shift, their son will be able to be with them besides on nights of a full moon.

Soil. Can you dig it?

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8