Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 13 (ch107-ch115) Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman Vol 13 (ch107-ch115) Discussion

You can find the chapter here by sleepyfans.

Comment and discuss in this thread

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 107 Discussion / 108 Predictions

So they're ALL (or 4/5 of them so far) doing romance manga?! In a shounen magazine? Well that might be pretty interesting depending on their take on it but... I wonder how the editors would take to it.

Saikou is doing the one-shot on his own, but will he be releasing it under Ashirogi Muto or going with Mashiro Moritaka (or another pen name altogether)? After all Shuujin isn't credited on Rabuta as Ashirogi. So *technically* even if Saikou screws up there shouldn't be any impact on the public opinion of Ashirogi...

Anyway, I liked that Eiji was taking ideas from Saikou, and Saikou was taking ideas from Eiji. Eiji sounds like he is really good with action scenes (like making the images come alive), but I think action and romance scenes require rather different skill sets. I hope we are shown a few panels (or better still, pages) of each of the one shots, like how we got to see a few pages of PCP last time

And Hiramaru's expressions again (Y) Marriage of mangaka reminds me of Usuta-sensei and Sakaki-sensei which took place just a few weeks ago. Perhaps that's where Ohba-sensei got his/her inspiration for that bit ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DidCart's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Mashiro decided to do the one-shot on his own. Good decision, Ohba-sensei. Now we are going to see a real competition between him and Eiji. I'm looking forward to it.

About the "everybody-decide-to-do-a-romance" stuff, well, It will be really interesting to follow the editorial department reaction when they discover it.

Another great chapter in the great manga!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

This was definitely the one of the most Epic chapters!!! damn, Ohba you ARE a genius!!!

you know what?? maybe, maybe just maybe this is a little foreshadowing of behind the scenes at RL Jump. I'm thinking it's a sign that the Big 3 is actually thinking of getting serious in romance and pairings. (Bleach and OP, and some closure on NS)

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    This was definitely the one of the most Epic chapters!!! damn, Ohba you ARE a genius!!!

you know what?? maybe, maybe just maybe this is a little foreshadowing of behind the scenes at RL Jump. I'm thinking it's a sign that the Big 3 is actually thinking of getting serious in romance and pairings. (Bleach and OP, and some closure on NS)
    Hmm, why would you say that? For Bleach, it might be the case now that Ichigo is all normal and everything, and Kubo might develop either the IchiHime or IchiRuki romance. For Naruto, I guess romance has always played a relatively important role especially with Hinata and Sakura and as Kishi builds up to a climax that inevitably includes Sasuke, Sakura and the love triangle will have to come into the picture. But for One Piece, romance has always been secondary. Not even secondary, more like way ignored. Even post-time skip, I'd hardly call Brook wanting to see Nami's panties as any romance XD And Sanji is the same as ever, Luffy doesn't care about girls and neither does Zoro... Romances involving Brook, Usopp, Franky and Chopper are kinda.. Out there.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

THE BATTLE OF ROMANCE MANGAS.

...hm..I don't know about that.

Good chapter though, looking forward to see how this arc pans out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As interesting as it would be to see 4 people compete with 4 variation of the same theme (romance), I can't imagine why Shonen Jump would allow them to do so. Eiji in particular would be forbidden since his won't be published no matter how good it is and they aren't going to risk his upstaging another that might be published.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Hmm, why would you say that? For Bleach, it might be the case now that Ichigo is all normal and everything, and Kubo might develop either the IchiHime or IchiRuki romance. For Naruto, I guess romance has always played a relatively important role especially with Hinata and Sakura and as Kishi builds up to a climax that inevitably includes Sasuke, Sakura and the love triangle will have to come into the picture. But for One Piece, romance has always been secondary. Not even secondary, more like way ignored. Even post-time skip, I'd hardly call Brook wanting to see Nami's panties as any romance XD And Sanji is the same as ever, Luffy doesn't care about girls and neither does Zoro... Romances involving Brook, Usopp, Franky and Chopper are kinda.. Out there.
    Dunno, just a feeling.... oh yeah, I forgot... if I'm correct, their deadline is February, right?? if not, then the editors will probably speed up the deadline so that the one-shots can be published on February. (Remember, it's valentine's people...)

As for the big 3 getting serious in romance, well.... there's been some hints before their timeskip (Bleach & OP)

Bleach: Ichigo and Rukia's farewell and his subtle denial of missing Rukia.
    OP: http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...4/page010.html

This part has been bugging me for a long time. If Oda wanted to strengthen Luffy's helplessness in his inability to protect the Strawhats why would he choose Nami?? why not all of them, one by one. Does it mean Luffy holds Nami in higher regards compared to the rest of his crews (subconsciously)??

There's also some subtle hints with how when he needs to take his hat off, he always wants Nami to hold it. As well as the hot springs scene during Alabasta arc. Luffy got a nosebleed from looking at a naked Nami, but didn't when Hancock stripped in front of him. Not only that, there's also a parallel between the two of them with their pasts.

Luffy lost his two adoptive brothers. Same with Nami who lost Bellemere, her adoptive mother. Not only that, their adoptive family was also killed right in front of their eyes. If that ain't a hint from Oda, then I don't know what is.

Also, as for Narusaku, it's pretty much confirmed. They just need a little more closure, that's all.

Kubo is the one that's a bit harder to predict. He's pretty much a wild card in this deal.
    Last edited by Newkerzy; October 30, 2010 at 04:40 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh please, don't start this pairing bullshit of the big3 here, there is nothing in bleach, nothing in naruto(Except for naruto x sasuke, which is pretty much canon now) and the only thing you could call romance in onepiece is hancock being implied to be luffys FUTURE wife, but right now he has no interrest and won't see her again for a very long time.

As for Bakuman Chapter:
    To be honest, even though it sounds like fun that all of them will be doing the same genre(and i think hiramaru will be doing romance too, because he is thinking about the marriage thing) i actually hate it. If it were to happen in reallife and i were to life in japan i would write a complain letter to shonen jump. A little romance here and there is okay, but all of the oneshots? No thank you, i don't read SJ for romance.

But i'm glad that saiko will be doing it on his own, i was expecting this all along but shujin then said he will cooperate last chapter, i was kinda disappointed then.

And i hoped the hiramura plot would have happened differently. I was hoping that he indeed is able to forget about the oneshot and just concentrates on aoki and then pull out something random. Because he is a genius, doing something random would be the best(this is, after all, how he got into shonen jump in the first place)

But the editor of Aoki and the hikamori showed again how good he is. I still remember how he appeared in the first chapter and looked like a typical newbie, but everytime he shows up he turns out to be a really good editor(unlike certain other people *glareatmiura*)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

EIC will have a stroke when this Romance Battle will land on his desk

Saiko made a good decision telling Shujin to take care of his two serialized mangas. I love how he admitted he has no life outside manga, because that's how it has to be in real life with the workload they have.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kibate View Post
    Oh please, don't start this pairing bullshit of the big3 here, there is nothing in bleach, nothing in naruto(Except for naruto x sasuke, which is pretty much canon now) and the only thing you could call romance in onepiece is hancock being implied to be luffys FUTURE wife, but right now he has no interrest and won't see her again for a very long time.

As for Bakuman Chapter:
    To be honest, even though it sounds like fun that all of them will be doing the same genre(and i think hiramaru will be doing romance too, because he is thinking about the marriage thing) i actually hate it. If it were to happen in reallife and i were to life in japan i would write a complain letter to shonen jump. A little romance here and there is okay, but all of the oneshots? No thank you, i don't read SJ for romance.

But i'm glad that saiko will be doing it on his own, i was expecting this all along but shujin then said he will cooperate last chapter, i was kinda disappointed then.

And i hoped the hiramura plot would have happened differently. I was hoping that he indeed is able to forget about the oneshot and just concentrates on aoki and then pull out something random. Because he is a genius, doing something random would be the best(this is, after all, how he got into shonen jump in the first place)

But the editor of Aoki and the hikamori showed again how good he is. I still remember how he appeared in the first chapter and looked like a typical newbie, but everytime he shows up he turns out to be a really good editor(unlike certain other people *glareatmiura*)
    It wasn't my intention, to be honest. But I just felt like answering her questions and posting my take on the matter. But either way, let's carry on, people

@natli: yeah, he might. Either way, it'll be interesting to see the editors' reaction.
    Last edited by Newkerzy; October 30, 2010 at 04:39 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DidCart's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kibate View Post
    I was hoping that he would come up with an awesome random manga that would be a hit and he would be serialized! But then, the editor came and I was like ...

Well let's see what's gonna happen...

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic chapter I'm pretty excited to see how well Saiko can fair by himself. I wonder if Nakai will be back as an artist for Iwase's story.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see it:

The editorial department will be in chaos in a few chapters!

"Everyone is doing romance?! In Shounen Jump?!! ABSURD!!!!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

inb4saikoisgonnadobakuman

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast