Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 12 (ch098-ch106) Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman Vol 12 (ch098-ch106) Discussion

Bakuman 98 is here!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME CHAPTER!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 98 Discussion/ 99 Predictions

yeah so awesome, really really awesome to see 5-pages of PCP!

No doubt that they will surpass +Natural with it.
    But how about crow? I'm sure Eiji was prepared for it.
    I guess they'll probably tie again with Eiji at 2nd.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A decent chapter yes, but I can't be the only one who didn't see anything funny in the shown pages of PCP can I? Is it supposed to be the irony of the fact that the "good guy" is wearing a black and white striped shirt which is reminiscent of old prison garb? Something lost in translation? Or, as I suspect, they didn't even try to keep up the pretense of it being serious humor.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 97gsxminus1bolt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Iwase is never gonna get over taka. Makes me think taka will cheat down the line.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

The color spread was awesome! And the cliffhanger... Oh boy... Can't wait to know the results!!

--------- Ok, guys. Mangastream is really making it inconvenient to the readers who likes to save the manga in their computers. First, they stopped uploading zip files of the whole chapters, and saving time for who dislikes online reading, and now they've disabled the option to right click and save the pages.

How to save the chapters now? Here's a trick I just found.

Save the web pages as "HTML files with images". You'll see two files: An htm file, and a folder. In this folder, you'll find the corresponding page. Copy and paste the page anywhere you want, and do the same to the rest of the chapter.

Important notice: Do not delete the htm file before copying the page. If you did, it'll delete the folder as well.

Hope this'll help you.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member D.Blue's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The five pages of PCP goodness were amazing. I'm not only pointing out the fact we actually see full-blown pages of a fictional series in all its glory, but also how well delivered the story was. Akechi's denial to turn around and have the reveal handed to him on a silver platter was a brilliant way to portray his acknowledgement of their rivalry. If there's one thing I'd change it would be the firework display. Considering it's the pinacle of the trick and the whole arc's climax, it deserved an epic, glorious double-spread!

Once again Ohba shows how skilled a writer (s)he is.
    Have you ever tried to install Windows on your computer using a USB stick? ...It's painful.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Until this chapter I always thought that PCP, if it was a real manga in Jump, wouldn't be really good and capable of becoming popular. But with those pages, I think I'm proven wrong.
    Amazing chapter, I stared at each page for some amount of time. Also the colour spread is nothing but awesomeness. Miho and Aoki ♥

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh... the color-spread...PCP looks the coolest! Though Otters 11 does its best too! And the crow suit is simply made for Eiji!

To be honest, after reading last chapter I was skeptic if this 5-chapter arc will beat Natural and Crow. It was good but not spectacular. This week Shuujin made sure it had style, but I'm still not sure. I say - tie with Natural, one place below Crow. And EIC gives them one more try.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The 5 pages of PCP shown were great! I didn't really see the "serious humour" PCP was supposed to have in them, but I still thought it was good! I think it'll definitely beat +Natural and Crow. I don't think it'll lose to Crow because then it's either Ashirogi leave Jump (which they probably can't show since, well, Ohba/Obata are doing this in Jump itself) or the Chief Editor gives them another chance. And I don't think the latter is feasible at all considering that determination with which he said that he couldn't keep giving them chances. It'd be lame if he just gave them another one here.

But honestly I'm more interested to see how good Crow is since it's gotta be really, really great to be at the standing it is. It's been popular from the get-go and even the more popular manga in Jump right now IRL didn't enjoy that kind of popularity. Apart from One Piece, both Naruto and Bleach took some time before they were consistently at/near the top. Like One Piece, Crow seemed to start dominating the top 3 positions practically since the 1st chapter! If Crow's really as epic as One Piece, then I definitely want to read it, even if it's just a one-shot like Otter #11 was.

The cosplay colour spread was cute too XD At first glance I thought Shuujin looked really weird until I realised they were cosplaying!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darkkyotrace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

GAH! Damn I wanted to see what happend!!! lol

Awesome chapter. I can't wait for next week XD
    But Now I'm interested in what will happen with Iwase.
    Will she get over Tagaki and be with Eiji? >D I can't wait to see!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

O MAN THE COLOR PAGE ALONE IS SO AMAZING!!! Every Mangaka cosplaying as the star of their manga. Thats just so freakin fantastic and it looks really good too

As for content and Iwase flashback was sweet and its a bit refreshing to see her not all psycho at meetings even though I still don't really like her . So Iwase made a joke and naked one at that too . Sheesh, shes kinda loosening up a bit now but it almost feels a bit too fast for me, I dunno, I guess I'll never like her after he crazy performance a few chapters back.

The pages from PCP itself were epic and looked great. I really felt what was going on. It was serious yet fun at the same time and I'm glad I was able to get that impression from just reading a few pages of it. *voice change

Anywho I'm glad to see that Akechi is going to be a long term rival. I wasn't sure what direction it would go last chapter but this is the one I personally wanted to see because rivalries are always a good thing (Liar Game with Yokoya for example).

As for the climax and the cliffhanger for the chapter. I would personally like to see them do it but a jump from 6 to 1 seems almost impossible. Maybe they will end up being Natural but not Crow or something like that and then they will have to face the director?

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The cover wasn't that good IMO but the colour pages inside were awesome specially the on were they trade places with their caracters.

The chapter was really cool specially the interaction between Tagaki and Iwase and also the PCP part wich was really epic and had a lot of their feelings behind it. The drawing style for PCP is also really good.

Next chapter is obvious they are gonna overtake +Natural but I wonder about Crow.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DidCart's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME chapter!

I really liked the color spread, and the chapter itself was pretty good. The cliffhanger, the PCP pages, the conversation between Takagi and Iwase, everything was really good. Bakuman deserves the attention it's getting from the readers.

About the end of this arch... well... I want to believe that the editor-in-chief will not give them another chance. It'll be totally off-character. Or they win or they get out of Jump.

And for those who are talking that Ohba/Obata can't write a story about they leaving Jump... well... their opinion about the voting system is pretty harsh, don't you think? I can expect anything coming from them.
    Last edited by DidCart; August 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't see them leaving jump because they would be forced to look for other big magazines other than Sueisha's and they probably are not alowed to that in the manga.

As someone stated seems like the whole serious humor Idea was left behind. Or maybe because this was a serious arc it didn't fit well.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the serious humor thing was the basis point by which they started the series. Its also faintly in their crimes. From their then the manga picked up in ways other than just serious humor. Its still there but its not something that I find to be the main focus all the time. On top of it thought the manga as it self as a whole seems to have a serious nature and a fun/funny side to it and that is the feeling I had gotten from reading a few pages of PCP myself this chapter. So overall I wouldn't say serious humor is forgotten, its still there but its not the main focus anymore but just part of the manga as a whole as is everything else they have been adding to it to improve upon it.

New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast