Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 606 Discussion / 607 Prediction Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 606 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vick86 View Post
    It's only one of many theories surrounding the origins of Davy Jones. Let's not jump to conclusions.
    Did you really read my post? Did you skip the word: "might"?

It is one of the origins and there is a 40% chance that Oda decides to use this name. Actually there's a 60% chance. Why?

Name is popular, Vanderdecken and Davy Jones are seemingly the same person. It's said on old legends that it was one of his names. He also appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean (who Oda also likes).

So it is possible that it's him. It's not confirmed, but possible. So don't go around telling people not to jump to conclusions when people are theorizing.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

You were quoting part of the wiki entry as fact. "Davy Jones is van der Decken" when it's only one of the theories. I thought it might confuse people into assuming that van der Decken is in fact Davy Jones when as of now there's no reason to assume he's anyone else than van der Decken.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like it's something Oda can do.

I mean introducing Davy Jones as the captain of the ghost ship from the chapter.

During the Davy Back fight , captains have to throw gold in the sea (give them back to Davy Jones or something like that) don't they ?

If Van Der Decken ,a pirate captain under the water, is actually Davy Jones it sticks.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member scruffyboy12's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question the spoiler says they use coup de burst to escape. I thought in the last chapter Franky said the bubble may shrivel if they use coup de burst. So shouldnt the air be running out soon?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    If Luffy tamed the Kraken with Haoshoku, why did he bother to get out of the ship and hit the Kraken with Elephant Gun ?
    my sentiments exactly..and now that there's another giant..i think he can just intimidate him to show his strength and move full speed to FI..instead of being looked down by this new cursed character and fight and talk before he move on..

well i guess they will waste time there to develop e plot further which pains me to have to wait another week after week but that's what make one piece..no matter how draggy it is it's still interesting..
    Last edited by kurosakixichigo; December 01, 2010 at 08:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy's gonna have himself also a huge giant type to fight suan wolf someday Giant as a crewmate,, yayyay!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SirenVixen's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

The same people whining about the pace will praise Oda when it all comes together later on. I find that funny.

8. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

well i guess haoshoku by itself is not enough to tame the kraken...it just intimidates. Luffy hit it to show that he is strong and not to be messed with...practically showing who's the boss

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Cuba
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep thinking on the shark that pop up from the krakken i dont think that it was totaly random , they need some merman or a giant to fight San Juan Wolf and the sunny is bounded to normal oceans, they need someone that pull the ship on currents or the calm belt.

What could happen if a merman eat a devil fruit???? that gave me a big headache.
    WOW Shark-Shark no Mi WOW
    My english sucks!!!!! ....but i still read manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is going nicely for me. I'm not pouring out an idea whose going to join anymore, but I gotta say this Netherland dude gonna plays a big role. and I'm hoping to experience a long arc.

And for guys who are complaining about the pace, well for me OP has always been like this, plotwise. at the beginning of the arc we always get explanation about how we get to the next destination, few informations about the island, introducing a new character and so on.

If a pure fight is what you guys are hoping to see, then maybe you guys still in battle mood and can't get away from what so-called epic war (which I personally think that it was overrated)

If you complain because of less big revelation being revealed so far, like where is Buggy, what happen to BB, Who's the new Fleet Admiral, did Bonney marry someone, well that's part of Oda's plan. he wants to continue this series as long as possible, yet as great as ever. and do you think just because we have 2 years of blankness all the things will be revealed in 2 months??

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SirenVixen's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kurosakixichigo View Post
    my sentiments exactly..and now that there's another giant..i think he can just intimidate him to show his strength and move full speed to FI..instead of being looked down by this new cursed character and fight and talk before he move on..

well i guess they will waste time there to develop e plot further which pains me to have to wait another week after week but that's what make one piece..no matter how draggy it is it's still interesting..
    My guess is that they had to intimidate the Kraken for Luffy to... intimidate it. xD. I mean if they curbstomp the Kraken, he will be afraid of the Monster Trio, making it easier to control using Luffy's Haki. This is just my theory. O.o

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post
    i found this at OnePiece wikia

Davy D. Jones is the first King of the Pirates but gave the title to Gol D. Roger his middle brother. His younger brother Monkey D. Garp became a marine to his dissapointment. He ate the Akuma Akuma no Mi when the Ancient Kingdom

was being built. he commands the Hell Demon Pirates on the ship called The Flying Dutchman
    Please do not use the name of the One Piece wikia when you want to add your own bullshit to the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You wonder and where would that **** be stated within the manga or even hinted to? OP wikia is now officialy on the "Not To Be Used In Arguments-List".^^ It's not true and should better be forgotten, as we will get more info about them in the next couple of weeks.
    Do you really believe that it is written somewhere in the One Piece wikia ? As an editor, I can tell you that it is a very serious work we do and that you can use it as proof since we provide references when needed.

So back on the spoiler, some new characters appear. I knew that they were going to find out about some mysteries hiding in the dark currents, I never expected that through. If the legend is true and the ship is hundred years old, what about the pirates ? Is it possible for them to live that long ? And is the giant fishman a Wotan ? For those who don't know a Wotan is a species of half-giant and half-fishman people.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; December 01, 2010 at 08:55 AM.

15. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bisha16's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 605 Discussion / 606 Prediction Thread

Oh man at least the spoiler came out and its seems very interesting.The part with the giant and craken is awesome and also the part with that flying dutchman (this part is stolen from the pirates of caribean) and think that luffy will make allies with them maybe saving them from some terrible thing that happened to them like some sort of curse...i think that one piece just gets more interesting to read

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Please do not use the name of the One Piece wikia when you want to add your own bullshit to the discussion

Do you really believe that it is written somewhere in the One Piece wikia ? As an editor, I can tell you that it is a very serious work we do and that you can use it as proof since we provide references when needed.

So back on the spoiler, some new characters appear. I knew that they were going to find out about some mysteries hiding in the dark currents, I never expected that through. If the legend is true and the ship is hundred years old, what about the pirates ? Is it possible for them to live that long ? And is the giant fishman a Wotan ? For those who don't know a Wotan is a species of half-giant and half-fishman people.
    Thank you.

I find One Piece Wikia the next most reliable thing to the manga & databooks. I read that post, and my false meter jumped up sky high.

Now On Topic: Luffy comes riding in on the Kraken and drops a giant the size of San Juan Wolf

I just crapped out Two Thirds of my heart and soul.

I cannot simply wait for the spoiler pics to pop up
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me of the flashback arc with ace, everyone was hatin then it became awesome. I already predicted this deep sea adventure before FI probably a whole arc so give it maybe 20 chaps. and if we start seeing caribou using signature techniques hes joining the crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Character
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Juggernaut Pirates • Markswoman/Inventorr
    • Bounty :0 • SD Earned : 200 • Beli : 53,687,500 • L : Grand Line
    Strength: 50 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 102 | Fortune: 58

Check out my blog!
    Twitter: @CorpseMoney

New Reply
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast