Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
It is one of the origins and there is a 40% chance that Oda decides to use this name. Actually there's a 60% chance. Why?
Name is popular, Vanderdecken and Davy Jones are seemingly the same person. It's said on old legends that it was one of his names. He also appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean (who Oda also likes).
So it is possible that it's him. It's not confirmed, but possible. So don't go around telling people not to jump to conclusions when people are theorizing.
You were quoting part of the wiki entry as fact. "Davy Jones is van der Decken" when it's only one of the theories. I thought it might confuse people into assuming that van der Decken is in fact Davy Jones when as of now there's no reason to assume he's anyone else than van der Decken.
I feel like it's something Oda can do.
I mean introducing Davy Jones as the captain of the ghost ship from the chapter.
During the Davy Back fight , captains have to throw gold in the sea (give them back to Davy Jones or something like that) don't they ?
If Van Der Decken ,a pirate captain under the water, is actually Davy Jones it sticks.
Quick question the spoiler says they use coup de burst to escape. I thought in the last chapter Franky said the bubble may shrivel if they use coup de burst. So shouldnt the air be running out soon?
well i guess they will waste time there to develop e plot further which pains me to have to wait another week after week but that's what make one piece..no matter how draggy it is it's still interesting..
Last edited by kurosakixichigo; December 01, 2010 at 08:12 AM.
Luffy's gonna have himself also a huge giant type to fight suan wolf someday Giant as a crewmate,, yayyay!!!
The same people whining about the pace will praise Oda when it all comes together later on. I find that funny.
well i guess haoshoku by itself is not enough to tame the kraken...it just intimidates. Luffy hit it to show that he is strong and not to be messed with...practically showing who's the boss
I keep thinking on the shark that pop up from the krakken i dont think that it was totaly random , they need some merman or a giant to fight San Juan Wolf and the sunny is bounded to normal oceans, they need someone that pull the ship on currents or the calm belt.
What could happen if a merman eat a devil fruit???? that gave me a big headache.
WOW Shark-Shark no Mi WOW
This is going nicely for me. I'm not pouring out an idea whose going to join anymore, but I gotta say this Netherland dude gonna plays a big role. and I'm hoping to experience a long arc.
And for guys who are complaining about the pace, well for me OP has always been like this, plotwise. at the beginning of the arc we always get explanation about how we get to the next destination, few informations about the island, introducing a new character and so on.
If a pure fight is what you guys are hoping to see, then maybe you guys still in battle mood and can't get away from what so-called epic war (which I personally think that it was overrated)
If you complain because of less big revelation being revealed so far, like where is Buggy, what happen to BB, Who's the new Fleet Admiral, did Bonney marry someone, well that's part of Oda's plan. he wants to continue this series as long as possible, yet as great as ever. and do you think just because we have 2 years of blankness all the things will be revealed in 2 months??
So back on the spoiler, some new characters appear. I knew that they were going to find out about some mysteries hiding in the dark currents, I never expected that through. If the legend is true and the ship is hundred years old, what about the pirates ? Is it possible for them to live that long ? And is the giant fishman a Wotan ? For those who don't know a Wotan is a species of half-giant and half-fishman people.
Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; December 01, 2010 at 08:55 AM.
Oh man at least the spoiler came out and its seems very interesting.The part with the giant and craken is awesome and also the part with that flying dutchman (this part is stolen from the pirates of caribean) and think that luffy will make allies with them maybe saving them from some terrible thing that happened to them like some sort of curse...i think that one piece just gets more interesting to read
I find One Piece Wikia the next most reliable thing to the manga & databooks. I read that post, and my false meter jumped up sky high.
Now On Topic: Luffy comes riding in on the Kraken and drops a giant the size of San Juan Wolf
I just crapped out Two Thirds of my heart and soul.
I cannot simply wait for the spoiler pics to pop up
This reminds me of the flashback arc with ace, everyone was hatin then it became awesome. I already predicted this deep sea adventure before FI probably a whole arc so give it maybe 20 chaps. and if we start seeing caribou using signature techniques hes joining the crew