Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Raftela

The results are hidden 0%
  • Clarice

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Tournament Archived (Completed) Fights Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Destroyer vs. Miata

The destroyer is an SAO so I don't think Miata is an SAO.

Now if Miata ripped Agatha with ease even after being hurt, then I would believe she would be an SAO if she awaken. An AO for Miata, but not an SAO.

My vote is for the Destroyer. Since you have 2 AO in one. Even Riful says it, "I have a 50/50 chance but it's power is still growing."

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teresa vs. Priscilla

LOL! I have no answer to this one but i'm going to vote secretly.

Teresa has Priscilla beat because of experience. Teresa stated that Priscilla is stronger then her. Priscilla chopped off Teresa head by cheating. Priscilla even after chopping off Teresa head still in search of her because Clare has a part of her inside Clare. Priscilla needs to wipe Teresa existence because she is scarred by their fight.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    she is dead or not its not really improtant what i meant is her consciousness is dead while her body is fine and used by the new being - Destroyer
    ah i see your point. my mistake in previous post for not understanding!

well, Clare is allowed to keep Irene's arm on her shoulder, lol.

So too, is the Destroyer allowed to keep it's Awakened half-merged bodies of Rafaela+Luciela, as unlike Clare, without their bodies, we wouldn't even have the Destroyer, lol.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    the problem is Teresa needs time to prepare and power up to 79% while Priscilla is ready to go any time she wants, Teresa failed once b/c she wasnt able to prepare herself will she able to do it next time they meet each other? Awakened Priscilla was showed as the fastest being we have ever seen so far also she can go kamekaze thanks to her overhelming regeneration ability
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe7133 View Post
    LOL! I have no answer to this one but i'm going to vote secretly.

Teresa has Priscilla beat because of experience. Teresa stated that Priscilla is stronger then her. Priscilla chopped off Teresa head by cheating. Priscilla even after chopping off Teresa head still in search of her because Clare has a part of her inside Clare. Priscilla needs to wipe Teresa existence because she is scarred by their fight.

1. All Claymores can instantly release any amount (1-100%) of yoki that they want, even Clarice (that is, if she's capable of it, lol).

And frankly, Teresa would only need to release at most 30% yoki to pwn Awakened Priscilla.

we don't even need to consider 50% or 70% or 79% yoki release by Teresa, unless you want to be really cruel to Awakened Priscilla and instantly crush her to death from the "heaviness of Teresa's spiritual pres.. I mean her yoki aura", hehe

2. pfft, Priscilla's speed and regeneration... 10% Teresa was faster moving and quicker sword swinging/attacking then 70-79% Priscilla, so Teresa would just need a bit more (again at most 30%) yoki release to exceed Awakened Priscilla in speed of movement and quickness of sword swinging/attack.

There wouldn't be anything left of Priscilla, before she even would know she is in dire need of regeneration!, it would be too late! hehe

3. unfortunately, Teresa's experience means nothing. Not even I would use this as a favorable argument point for Teresa over Priscilla, lol.

especially now that we're talking about ~ch 106-107 Awakened Priscilla, whom has shown us that she's just as highly experienced, ~ as is Teresa.

4. Teresa PONDERED if Priscilla might be able to one day surpass her. However, the following manga pages proves that Priscilla could never surpass Teresa, nor now in this re-match Fight, hehe.

this WAS said while still in town, there's a lot more pages left between Teresa and Priscilla, that you're foolishly ignoring, as everything is pointing towards this (Priscilla being able to pwn Teresa), NOT being the case!

just a bit later, Teresa contradicts this above statement you pointed out for your argument:

Teresa to Priscilla (and Irene, Sophia, and Noel): ~"Come at me as much as you want, I'll cut you down each and every time!"

Teresa then proves it, against 70-79% Priscilla whom comes after her, and battles her outside of town. see below.

to give you Irene's LATER and SIGNIFICANT words:

Irene: ~"I can't believe how massive Teresa's and Priscilla's power levels are! They're monsters! But, one of them is far more massive then the other! Whose, is it..."

10% Teresa sends 70-74% Priscilla flying backwards in the air and on her bum onto the ground!

Irene: ~"I.. I... I... I don't believe it!!! With JUST ENOUGH yoki to change her eyes golden, a.k.a. exactly 10%, Teresa overpowered 70-74% Orcish Priscilla!"

stopping here for now. I don't want to summarize the end of their battle, until I need to.

5. actually the biggest reason Priscilla was able to decapitate Teresa:

Teresa LOWERED her yoki back BELOW 10% (no golden eyes, as can be seen with the change of her golden eyes' pupils of skinny vertical cat-snake-like slits into the silver eyes' pupils of circular shape), instead of raising it to 20% (or at most 30%) yoki as she needed to in order to deal with 75-79% Priscilla, and then Awakened Priscilla.

6. Priscilla was on her secret quest for finding the origin of the scent (which was the scent/odor of Teresa's yoki or flesh), which was Clare, because she was SCARED/FEARFUL of the ONE and ONLY THREAT TO HER, which was:

TERESA!

Priscilla was/is (ignoring the most recent developments in the manga) the "reigning queen of the island", except for that dammned scent... of the one being MORE POWERFUL THEN HER, THAT THREATENED HER RULE:

TERESA!

*though as we know, so far, Teresa is truly dead, as it is just "weak" Clare so far. No "Restoration of Teresa" yet inside Clare.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 02, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

indeed, Teresa was a monster, next question what is the difference between 70% - 80% Priscilla and awakened Priscilla ? is it only 20 % of Claymore Priscilla + regeneration and tentacles + wings? This has never been explained properly

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we don't know, though can you really imagine Awakening granting let's say even x3, let alone x5 or x7-8 (the difference between Teresa's and Priscilla's power levels) the power level to them? That'd be a bit absurd. If I were to guess, I'd say Awakening increases their power by half (50%) or at most, doubles it (200%).

do you think that Awakened Ophelia was x5 more powerful then Claymore Ophelia? I certainly do not! Claymore Ophelia was already very powerful, and Awakened Priscilla wasn't that much more powerful compared to Awakened Ophelia.

I actually argue the same with Priscilla, which means that I do argue that Claymore Priscilla was incredibly powerful, we just aren't really able to notice it, as Teresa, as well as Irene, Sophia, and Noel are all so powerful too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

~70-74% Priscilla = from beginning of battle outside of town to BEFORE Priscilla jumps up from sitting on the ground and forcing Teresa to grimace with her parrying Priscilla's sword swing.

~75-79% Priscilla = beginning with Priscilla's incresae in released yoki as she jumps up from sitting on the ground (forcing Teresa to grimace with her parrying Priscilla's sword swing) to immediately afterwards.

80% or more Priscilla = begins AFTER Teresa is grimacing to parry Priscilla's sword swing, as seen with Priscilla dropping her sword and having her muscles bulk up, ripping her clothes. Priscilla is able to briefly delay the Awakening process long enough to decapitate Teresa, but then she can no longer, and the Awakening process completes itself, with Priscilla turning into an Awakened, with her one-horned winged demon Awakened body.

Awakened Priscilla is at a completely different power level and capabilities (abilities) then she had as a Claymore, just like all Awakened compared to as when they were Claymores. She now had tentacles, Regeneration, Wings (flight), increased strength, speed, agility, reaction time, attack quickness, and etc.

---------------------------------------

I feel that Awakeneds also have a yoki range from 0-100% as well.

and the manga seems to prove this.

so Awakeneds and Claymores are the same thing, in terms of yoki:

Claymores: ~1-100% yoki release
    Awakeneds: ~1-100% yoki release

*80% is only what's needed to innitiate the Awakening process (which simply changes a Claymore into an Awakened). Once as an Awakened, they can keep their yoki release at 80%, raise it to 100%, or lower back to 1%, and continually change their yoki release amount, just as Claymores can too (well from 1-80% anyways). The difference isn't in the yoki release, but they're power level, as Awakeneds it is bumped up from what it was as a Claymore. (same with the HAs, *grins*)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 02, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alicia vs. Beth

If Beth was able to hit Alicia with those infected rods what exactly would happen?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this even a serious match up?

The Destroyer would pawn Miata so badly that even Priscilla would wince to watch. (She has a thing about not killing little girls if you recall.)

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe u are right about the ammounts, maybe the whole awakening is not about Yoki ( When Galatea meets with Rifful she says to Clare how powerfull Rifful is but we know that she is nothing comparing to Teresa or Priscilla ) so maybe, awakening doesnt raise the yoki level, all it does is giving new abilities, like tentacles, wings, Dauf's armor, rods' as u said once Clare wanted more speed, she gets super duper legs, she wants more power she gets kind of diamonds arm, Jenna wants to run away she becomes a butterfly etc..etc.. there is one more thing Noel was able to cut Priscilla the quiestion is Priscilla didnt give a damn like vs Dauf or she is not so fast after all, again Rifful was scared once she saw Priscilla's speed, im really confused, at first we think its a "real" world but then we realize its just a story full of plot holes

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Isley vs. Riful

The Silver King - without a doubt Isley would kill Riful. She said it herself that an alliance with Luciella was the only way she'd be able to defeat him. Also, she didn't attempt to take Isley's life until he was already exhausted from his battle with Luciella (although Priscilla put the breaks on that). This indicates that Riful is weaker than Isley. Add on the fact that the male awakened beings are more powerful than the female ones by default.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isley vs. Riful

she said that an alliance with Luciella was the only way she'd be able to defeat Priscilla!! not Isley .... at this moment we know that Rifful + Luciella have never had any chance against Priscilla, if they fought to death ( Isley vs Rifful ) Isley would win thanks to his array of weapons

come on guys she met Isley right after his fight vs Luciela he was wounded in his human form, and then she met Priscilla, she noticed Priscilla's yoki level and said that alone with Dauf she cannot kill her at that moment Isley was a pawn a bit more then a human ;]
    Last edited by killy-.-; December 02, 2010 at 12:28 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Priscilla.

Awakened Priscilla > Claymore Teresa. Debated this with Goral for a year straight on animesuki... don't intend to start another debate here. Especially since I have no time to really respond for the next few days while the thread is still open

In short I just can't see Teresa harming The Destroyer as quickly as Priscilla did... Plus she can fly and insanely long range attacks and can instantly heal virtually any wound.

Teresa, Irene, and Rubel all commented about Priscilla one day rivaling Teresa is not surpassing her and her latent power. You all know the comments I'm referring to and what interpretations someone thinking Priscilla is stronger would side with. The databook also lists that Priscilla's arua suppression ability likely comes from her need to protect herself from her own latent power. I personally interpret that as meaning the +70% power she used in her fight with Teresa was only her accessible power and not all of her latent power... meaning her true 70% power was far greater than what we witnessed.

Spoiler: Priscilla's databook entry... Size show

Though I might change my tone if a Priscilla powered Teresa Zombie appears in the coming chapters
    Last edited by Ryus; December 02, 2010 at 12:36 PM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alicia vs. Beth

first of all it wasnt Beth it was infected Beth
    at second if the rods hit Alicia, she would become infected.
    in the real fight Alicia vs not infected Beth i would say the first one would win, thats why she was the one who awakened every single time Beth had better multitasking and control over her sister

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

well thats what Teresa said and she changed her mind a sec later, she said that Priscilla can come as many times as she wants every single time teresa will be able to defeat her, in this matter i trust #1 Monster Teresa then Rubel or Irene, keep in mind that they knew how powerfull Priscilla is but didnt know the true Teresa's power !!! they compared Priscilla with 20%-30% Teresa. U can clearly see it when Irene walks towards the battefield, there is no room for mistake, Teresa is that much more stronger then Priscilla
    Last edited by killy-.-; December 02, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    The databook also lists that Priscilla's arua suppression ability likely comes from her need to protect herself from her own latent power.
    I'll only comment on this since I don't remember we've discussed it. Look at Priscilla's mental stats - it's three classes below Teresa's. It's no wonder to me then that such weak-willed person needed such trick to cope with her power. Teresa had one of the highest marks, the same as Raphaella who needed it for soul-link. Only Jean who was the only AB that de-awakened and Irene who could awaken her arm had higher this particular characteristic. And if we take into account that Teresa was underestimated and needed more willpower to suppress her powers (which were far greater than MiB thought) it's very possible she had A+ mental stat.

Guess who I voted on.

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast