Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Raftela

The results are hidden 0%
  • Clarice

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore Tournament Archived (Completed) Fights Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audrey vs. Rachel

I'm going to side with Forever Alone on this one. Riful of the West pointed out some flaws that you simply cannot overcome. Rachel's strike has tremendous destructive potential. However, it takes time to establish and is easily readable/evaded/countered.

Audrey's strike, while not as deadly can still damage/kill someone. If she turned Rachel's strike against her as she did Riful's, our short tempered Claymore's existence would end quickly. Even our adorable pig tailed Shorty Tracker Dietrich would annihilate Rachel, imho.

Besides, Rachel lets her arrogance blind her. There's an obvious reason why the Organization created Alicia and Beth to destroy the Abyssal Ones. The regular Claymores simply don't have the power to destroy them. Underestimating anyone in any confrontation usually proves unproductive, if not self-destructive.

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deneve vs. Helen

I really like Helen personally, but will she win this fight? Probably not. She would have to get lucky,... more than once.

Both combatants know each other very well so they know how the other fights, and what skills they have.

Pro Helen:
    Helen has the drill sword, the extending arms, and a certain unpredictable nature.
    Anti Helen:
    She can be careless

Pro Deneve:
    She is thoughtful and can plan out strategies. She wields two swords, so can attack and defend at the same time. Her healing ability is second to none, except an AB. She is a well rounded fighter, with no obvious deficiencies.
    Anti Deneve:
    She doesn't have a big attack. Her physical strength really isn't any greater than Helen's.

Personally, I think that Deneve's well rounded fighting style will eventually win as Helen will make a mistake and Deneve will take advantage of it. Even if Helen gets lucky and gets a drill sword into Deneve, Deneve will just regenerate. Helen would have to get lucky more than once to deplete Deneve's Yoki enough for that to be effective.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dietrich vs. Nina

Its hard call to make, just a rank apart. I have voted for Dietrich. I can't deny that ranking was on my mind when I voted. She has shown intelligence, persistence, and reasonable strength. Also, I agree with Goral above, Nina's technique can be exploited. Especially, an intelligent opponent can exploit the vulnerability.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

A very tough battle in my opinion. My vote goes to Deneve. Reason being, I think she keeps a better head in the battles. Wielding the two swords can be advantageous as she can use a combo of defense and attack at the same time. We already know how good she is at regeneration. In nutshell, I think Deneve has better overall skills or rather personality.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Goral:

It doesn't even need to be that complicated as to involve Raftela. Deneve gets hungry and steals one of Helen's apples. Helen, the apple binge eater, goes haywire and seeks retribution against the thief.

Yagi has certainly illustrated Deneve as the more thoughtful warrior. She's quick to analyze and to form a strategy. While Helen can regenerate quickly, she can't regenerate quickly enough to overcome multiple successive strikes, which Helen can inflict with a freakazoid arm. However, Helen is far too impusilve and somewhat reckless.

I would say that their fight ends in a draw. They split an apple and share a pint.

WS
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    Goral:

It doesn't even need to be that complicated as to involve Raftela. Deneve gets hungry and steals one of Helen's apples. Helen, the apple binge eater, goes haywire and seeks retribution against the thief.

Yagi has certainly illustrated Deneve as the more thoughtful warrior. She's quick to analyze and to form a strategy. While Helen can regenerate quickly, she can't regenerate quickly enough to overcome multiple successive strikes, which Helen can inflict with a freakazoid arm. However, Helen is far too impusilve and somewhat reckless.

I would say that their fight ends in a draw. They split an apple and share a pint.

WS
    Whilst what you said may be true, we have to pick a winner. A draw would mean no one is moving forward or both are moving forward, which can not be a possibility. In this particular battle, one has to realize what ability or trait will be the deciding factor. May be I am wrong but, in a battle with similar power-levels, the winner will be the one who can think better in the midst of the battle. Deneve certainly looks more thoughtful as compared to Helen.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Sophia vs. Noel

Poll/Voting Results:

Total Votes: 16
    Sophia: 7 votes = 43.75%
    Noel: 9 votes = 56.25%
    Winner: Noel

------------------------------------------

Sophia vs. Noel

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Sophia

Sophia was first and only seen in the Teresa chapters/arc. She was rank 3 (but was demoted to rank 4 due to Priscilla's promotion to rank 2, demoting Irene to rank 3) and known as Muscular Sophia. She was strong (being able to slice right through a stone pillar/column and killing the normal yoma behind it), and seemed to be very direct and straight in her attacks (as seen with her running up to Teresa and trying to fence-stab her sword through Teresa's chest, though Teresa jump-flips on top of her sword and nearly runs along it with her sword held low nearly decapitating Sophia, whom just barely is able to lean her head back enough to just get cut instead on the shoulder or something). Not really that much else is known about her, other then what we see of her performance against the normal yomas, Teresa, and Awakened Priscilla (which I'm not going to take the time to describe as you can look it up). Which with the vs Teresa and vs Awakened Priscilla, it obviously was an unfair fight, for poor Sophia, lol. Awakened Priscilla would kill her with her tentacles.

Sophia and Noel seem to have quite a rivalry with each other (like the elf, Legolas?, and dwarf, Gimli?, had in LotR, with them just like Sophia and Noel, competing with each other in whom gets more kills). Well, now they can finally settle the dispute of whom is superior, hehe.

There's been a lot of speculation about how powerful Irene, Sophia, and Noel really are or aren't as we can't really tell, as their opponents, Teresa and then Awakened Priscilla, were far beyond even rank 1 status. And their victories against the normal yomas is irrelevant (but not their performance feats, accomplishments, abilities used though, as these are definately relevant).

So, agree/use this (my speculations) below or don't, in your decision. It's up to you, to decide if this is relevant/usable or not!

For me, with my own new understanding of Irene's power level of being truly great, would defaultly make Sophia and Noel very powerful as well. But, this is only my own speculating view. This isn't about Irene, so I won't go into her, even though she's my basis for thinking that Sophia (and Noel) are powerful as well.

But, here's something I can speculatively say that is about Sophia:

Weaker Claymores have to rely on powerful sword techniques or abilities, but stronger Claymores, are powerful enough, that they rarely need any special-powerful sword techniques or abilities. Unfortunately, this "conventional" combat of theirs, is boring for us, and we wrongly equate this with them being weak. I say not so! Teresa, Priscilla, Irene, Sophia, and Noel fought so "conventionally boringly" because they were just that powerful! Their strength, speed, agility, reaction time, sword swing quickness, and etc were "off the charts". They were extremely powerful, and not weak! I speculate that rank 3 Sophia may be actually far more powerful then rank 3 Galatea or rank 3 Audrey are! Rank 3 Sophia might actually be as powerful as rank 3 Dauf (who's an Awakened rank 3 obviously)!
    Noel

Noel also was first and only seen in the Teresa chapters/arc. She was rank 4 (but was demoted to rank 5 due to Priscilla's promotion to rank 2, demoting Irene to rank 3, which demoted Sophia to rank 4) and known as Whirlwind Noel. She was very fast and agile (being able to run up to and slice of Awakened Priscilla's arm, before she could launch her finger-tentacles, however Awakened Priscilla would use her tentacles to re-attach her arm, and still send out her finger tentacles, killing Noel, as well as Sophia with her other arm/hand/fingers), and seemed to be very dynamic and elusive in combat doing cartwheels and such aerial moves. Also, Noel seems to be able to swing her sword quite quickly as well as she clashed her sword with Teresa on the building's/house's roof, but Teresa had no problem keeping up with Noel's sword swings. Unfortunately, not really that much else is known about her as well, other then what we see of her performance against the normal yomas, Teresa, and Awakened Priscilla (which I'm not going to take the time to describe as you can look it up). Which with the vs Teresa and vs Awakened Priscilla, it obviously was an unfair fight, for poor Noel, lol. Awakened Priscilla would kill her with her tentacles (after she re-attaches her arm, that Noel managed to slice off first, due to her speed, whereas slower Sophia was not able to do the same).

Sophia and Noel seem to have quite a rivalry with each other (like the elf, Legolas?, and dwarf, Gimli?, had in LotR, with them just like Sophia and Noel, competing with each other in whom gets more kills). Well, now they can finally settle the dispute of whom is superior, hehe.

There's been a lot of speculation about how powerful Irene, Sophia, and Noel really are or aren't as we can't really tell, as their opponents, Teresa and then Awakened Priscilla, were far beyond even rank 1 status. And their victories against the normal yomas is irrelevant (but not their performance feats, accomplishments, abilities used though, as these are definately relevant).

So, agree/use this (my speculations) below or don't, in your decision. It's up to you, to decide if this is relevant/usable or not!

For me, with my own new understanding of Irene's power level of being truly great, would defaultly make Sophia and Noel very powerful as well. But, this is only my own speculating view. This isn't about Irene, so I won't go into her, even though she's my basis for thinking that Sophia (and Noel) are powerful as well.

But, here's something I can speculatively say that is about Sophia:

Weaker Claymores have to rely on powerful sword techniques or abilities, but stronger Claymores, are powerful enough, that they rarely need any special-powerful sword techniques or abilities. Unfortunately, this "conventional" combat of theirs, is boring for us, and we wrongly equate this with them being weak. I say not so! Teresa, Priscilla, Irene, Sophia, and Noel fought so "conventionally boringly" because they were just that powerful! Their strength, speed, agility, reaction time, sword swing quickness, and etc were "off the charts". They were extremely powerful, and not weak! I speculate that rank 3 Sophia may be actually far more powerful then rank 3 Galatea or rank 3 Audrey are! Rank 3 Sophia might actually be as powerful as rank 3 Dauf (who's an Awakened rank 3 obviously)!

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 27, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My comments to the above posters:

I certainly agree Helen is more reckless/flawed/makes dangerous-deadly mistakes, especially compared to Deneve.

However, as much as Deneve can Regenerate and as more "perfectionist" in combat as she is, if Helen can Drill Sword Deneve's body (and not just barely catching her arm in the radius of the rotation of the attack), there wouldn't be anything left to regenerate. Deneve would be dead. And, unlike some Awakeneds (especially the AFs/AEs), Claymores die from damage to their bodies. What I mean is that, if only the AFs'/AEs' head and a small part of their body remained (which we see in the manga in either the battle against Isley or against the hellcats with Dietrich using the AFs/AEs to save Yuma and Cynthia too), they ARE still alive, and can thus regenerate themselves. The same is NOT true for Claymores, as they're more susceptible to death from damage or destruction/oblivion to their bodies.

An interesting question has arose from your posts:

Can (Deneve) a Claymore use their sword to parry/stop the (Helen's) Drill Sword, or not? We know that so far claymore swords NEVER break, but the Drill Sword is the most destructive attack thus seen, so would it break a claymore sword trying to parry/stop it, or just merely hit it out of their hand (or not, if the Claymore has enough raw brute strength), or could it be parried/stopped?

We know that Teresa was able to stop Irene's Quick Sword, by catching and holding/parrying her sword with her own, but the Quick Sword isn't as destructive/powerful as the Drill Sword, and Teresa is so powerful with her enormous raw brute strength while even not releasing any yoki.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 25, 2010 at 02:53 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raftela vs. Clarice

Poll/Voting Results:

Total Votes: 17
    Raftela: 12 votes = 70.59%
    Clarice: 5 votes = 29.41%
    Winner: Raftela
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 25, 2010 at 04:12 AM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Undine vs. Yuma

Poll/Voting Results:

Total Votes: 19
    Undine: 5 votes = 26.32%
    Yuma: 14 votes = 73.68%
    Winner: Yuma

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miria vs. Renee

Regardless of the time they fought (whether it would be Miria from 7 years ago or current one) Miria would win this fight. See why below .

Miria could escape Riful's attack from point blank range (not to mention she could sit on her head instantly without her doing anything) using her slower version of her phantom, whereas Renee couldn't do a thing against Riful even though as an eye she should have sensed her coming with enough lead/advance/anticipation (don't know how to say it in English :P).
    It's been explicitly stated that Miria's new phantom is SLOWER than her old one where she relied on youki bursts. So it doesn't matter she has become stronger and faster overall because with Riful she was only running away and disappearing, i.e. she would do at least as good 7 years ago if it only meant running away, at least for a short distance. Still it would be much better than what Renee did, where she couldn't even escape Riful in her human form and couldn't dodge her attack even though she was supposed to be an eye (thus she should have more of a time advantage than Miria). Miria on the other hand managed to climb up on Riful's head/breast/whatever instantly and she didn't react. I doubt that Miria could do her mirage in the air so she had to climb up and she appeared before Riful's eyes so Riful should have seen and/or feel/sense her. And even though she had much longer reach than in her human form she didn't manage to stop Miria.
    As for Miria only keeping up with Riguald who was slower than Isley - it's irrelevant. Riful had problems with dodging AFs in her human form and even though she had quite of a time advantage (she saw Alicia going at her) she wasn't fast enough to dodge her attack. She also couldn't hit her, even though she was using simultaneous attacks which just shows how difficult it is for her to deal with small opponents. Her ribbon attacks aren't that fast and the main advantage - spread attack is nullified if her opponent is very fast and small. Also notice that we've never seen awakened Riful moving from her spot during the fight. The one time we've seen her escape wouldn't help her go after Miria since all she could do was to bounce off (and I doubt she could be very accurate, whereas Miria could change directions easily). Well, before she met Audrey we've seen her moving but for some reason she didn't move when she fought Alicia... For her to catch Miria she would have to be in her human form and still it would take her more time than it took her to catch Renee who couldn't even dodge her ribbon attack and even though she was so confident with her legs her first reaction was to draw her sword (i.e. she was overconfident and would be pwned by Riguald like Flora was).

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Galatea vs. Ophelia

Poll/voting Results:

Total Votes: 19
    Galatea: 17 = 89.47%
    Ophelia: 2 = 10.53%
    Winner: Galatea

-----------------------------------------------

Galatea vs. Ophelia

Galatea

Galatea was first introduced to us "creepily" (along with her Black Coat, Ermita) spying on Miria, Deneve, Helen, and Clare vs the "spiderman" male AB battle. She's rank 3 and known as God Eye Galatea for her excellent Yoki Sensing; in distance, internally (but not as Teresa and Clare can with their unique yoki sensing ability), and can even sense the emotions as well (even at great distances) of those she's sensing! Also, Galatea has a Yoki Manipulation ability as well, able to slightly control/move an attack, object, or body part off of its trajectory). Galatea loves to banter in battle using it as a "mind game" to distract her opponents, allowing her to be better able to use her Yoki Manipulation on them. Galatea is extremely skilled in combat and swordsmanship. She's intelligent too, possibly rivalling even Miria in tactics and strategy. But, Galatea's greatest ability is her unique ability to use her yoki to ~"The rate at which my power rises when I release my yoki, is the greatest of all the Claymores". Galatea's base power level is not "that" great, but when she releases her yoki, she becomes much more powerful then other Claymores would be when they release the same amount of yoki.

However, against Dauf, she ultimately was defeated by him, ending with her impaled through the stomach by one of his rods and exhausted (panting/gasping for breath) and nearly out of yoki. Fortunately, Clare with Jean arrive just in time, and Clare ultimately allows them to win against Dauf with help from Galatea (uses her remaining yoki to close his mouth for Jean) and Jean (and they would have killed him too, if Riful didn't step in to save her beloved Dauf), and survive (with indirectly Alicia's help, a.k.a. she was spying/analyzing Riful, who didn't like that, obviously). Galatea with her yoki released, (she's vain and hates doing this as she bulks up masculinely-ugly), was strong enough to cut some parts of Dauf's body, but she couldn't cut/damage/pierce his body's vital spots, she couldn't kill him. She parried his rods quite well for a bit, but it was just too much for her to defend against, and she got hit/injured/damaged by his rods and his attacks/punches. As, unlike Clare, Galatea's yoki sensing ability is not able to do what Clare's (and previously Teresa's) unique yoki sensing ability is able to do. Galatea ultimately proved to be inferior to Dauf, as she couldn't kill him, nor defend against his attacks. In my opinion, Clare actually performed better against Dauf, as well as also superiorly to Galatea too! But, this isn't about Clare, hehe.

Galatea is able to remain elusive to poor Dietrich (we don't know if they ever actually engaged/fought with each other or not, unfortunately), due to her God Eye yoki sensing ability in terms of distances. Though, she'd end up gouging out her own eyes, so that she can hide peacefully in Rabona.

This leads to her Agatha+Miata+Clarice Battle. This battle is really annoying, as it's unfortunately indeterminate in/for trying to analyze this new Blindness Enhanced God Eye Galatea from the old Pre-Pieta Battle Galatea, and compared to the other Claymores/Ghosts power levels. First annoyance, Galatea never uses her full power in this battle, (like she did against Dauf), for whatever the reason.. hmm.. (well, unless she is, but due to her "years on the run", she's able to use yoki without her "ugly-face" strain on her body, like occured against Dauf, when she released her yoki, that someone theorized about happening to the warriors whom hadn't been using their yoki for years). 2nd annoyance is that she's 1v2 against Agatha+Miata. Though she does do quite well, but then she starts to falter and either Miata's sword swing attack or Agatha's tentacles slice off her arm. Galatea ultimately ends up pinned against a building's wall seemingly about to be killed by Agatha, when the 7 Ghosts arrive to save the day. 3rd annoyance, is that because of the above, Galatea seems much weaker than the 7 Ghosts are. However, Miata did call Galatea as "Very Strong" as she did for Clare+Miria. Whereas the 3 non-HA Ghosts, she merely called them as "strong". But, Galatea herself admits she's inferior to Agatha, and does admit that Miata is very powerful/dangerous, albiet not at her full potential due to her immaturity, lack of experience in combat, and whatever other issues there are with Miata keeping her from being a true rank 1 as she should be (according to Rimuto and Rado, she's a rank 1, though her "issues" handicap her from performing at a rank 1's level).

The last time we see Galatea is in the Rabona Assualt Battle by the normal yomas and ABs. Galatea is further shown to seemingly be weak, as she is in need of help against a 1v2 against 2 ABs (who weaker than the Pieta ABs), and gets that help, gets saved by, Yuma and her sword throw, lol. "how embarrassing" for Blindness Enhanced rank 3 God Eye Galatea, being saved by rank 40 Yuma!

I'm just so annoyed with the manga with Galatea. In terms of currently compared to others, Is Galatea weak or powerful? Has Galatea become weaker or more powerful from her old pre-Piata Battle self/days? Was Galatea fighting at full power in the Agatha and Rabona Assualt Battles, or not? etc. etc.

Lastly, about her Blindness. It doesn't seem to handicap her at all. She's able to fight and move around as if she's not blind, not missing her eyes, at all!

I almost forgot that Galatea can regenerate, though we never see her being able to regenerate while engaged in battle (like Deneve can), only afterwards.

There's probably a lot more about Galatea (and thus an analysis of her) that I left out, as she has a lot about her and happen to her. But, I'll just have to leave it up to you, to know about what I left out in this entry, which I'm sure you do, already know all about Galatea yourself, anyways.
    Ophelia

Rank 4 Ophelia is forewarned to the 3 HAs (particularly to Clare and us, the readers) by Miria after their battle with the "spiderman" male AB, but she is truly first and only introduced to us in Clare's mission with her to kill the single digit/ranked female AB in Gonal town ruins (she, the female AB, destroyed it into ruins, lol), and the subsequent events that followed. However, there is also the flashback extra-special chapter that deals with Ophelia, Hilda, and Miria. Ophelia and her brother were attacked by Awakened Priscilla, with her brother sacrificing himself so that Ophelia could get away. This would result in orphaned Ophelia becoming a Claymore, and seeking the exact same revenge against Priscilla, that Clare seeks. However, Ophelia was really traumatized, and hates all ABs as well (though not as much as Priscilla herself), so much so, that she's become bloodthirsty in her desire to kill ABs. With Ophelia only caring about killing all ABs and especially Priscilla, this bloodthirsty-ness has resulted in her bad behavior, of attacking and killing humans and other Claymores. Ophelia was a warm playful, fun-game loving girl, but that has become twisted in her lust for blood of ABs. Hence, Ophelia has received the title of "Ophelia the Blood-Soaked Warrior".

Ophelia, immediately smells Clare being a HA, and thus is confused if Clare is an AB (has Awakened) or not. So, she grabs Clare, and stabs her finger into Clare's chest and tastes Clare's blood, to further examine if it's AB's blood or Claymore's blood. At this point, child Raki shows up and attacks Ophelia, causing Clare to be freed from Ophelia's "grasping hug". I think, at this point, Ophelia is reminded of herself and her brother, of how close their bond was, in Clare and Raki, and becomes jealous of them. So, Ophelia wants to "play" with Raki, like she used to play with her brother. But, due to her jealousy, it's not very friendly play, and Raki is in grave danger of Ophelia seemingly indeed intent on killing him, as she'll ultimately throw Raki to the female AB (whom will arrive shortly). Though, maybe Ophelia would have rescued/saved Raki from being eaten by the female AB, but Ophelia does show that she has killed humans before, and doesn't care about it, so long as she's able to cover herself up (by killing all witnesses) and not get found out by the Organization. Well, as Raki was sparring with Ophelia, Clare was trying to re-attach her legs which Ophelia had cut off, also apart of her "game". Anyways, Clare would release her yoki, able to get free of Ophelia pinning/holding her face into the ground with her hand, and slice the female AB and save Raki. WOW, Clare! Clare then runs away with Raki, so that she can then separate him from Ophelia, and not have to worry about him as she tries to deal with Ophelia.

Meanwhile, Ophelia is clearly toying with the single digit/ranked female AB, killing it with a single sword slice attack (well, nearly, as she slices again to slice the female AB's head into pieces, killing her/it). Ophelia than chases after and battles Clare, and then Clare again. Irene then shows up and pwns Ophelia with her Quick Sword. Ophelia ends up Awakening in order to not die from Irene's Quick Sword slashes all over her body. Irene trains Clare in the Quick Sword and gives Clare her remaining dominant right sword-arm, as Ophelia had cut off and destroyed Clare's dominant right sword-arm. Clare battles Awakened Ophelia, and has the ability to defeat Awakened Ophelia, however she's not yet ready/able to use Irene's arm with the Quick Sword. Awakened Ophelia, thanks to the lake's reflection, finally realizes that she had Awakened, becoming the very thing, an AB, that she hates. Awakened Ophelia, also realized (probably from Irene pwning her), that she sadly, didn't have the power to get revenge on Priscilla, but this Clare, whom also was after Priscilla's head, might eventually become able to for both of them. So, quick-witted Awakened Ophelia realizes that Clare has Irene's arm and is trying to use the Quick Sword, and realizes how the Quick Sword works too, and uses her life to finish Clare's "teaching" that Irene had begun. Awakened Ophelia did NOT let Clare win however, but with Ophelia's "teaching" Clare with Irene's arm and Quick Sword proved to be superior, as Clare pwned Awakened Ophelia. Awakened Ophelia didn't mind dying as she never wanted to become an AB, the very thing she hated, and she could now finally "rejoin her dead brother", as Clare kills her.

Alright, now about Ophelia's combat specs.

Claymore Ophelia is extremely powerful. She has enormous strength, possibly a greater base power level than Galatea and/or possibly even a greater power level than yoki releasing Galatea as well. As she killed that single digit/ranked female AB so easily, and with only a single sword slice attack too! She is extremely skilled in combat and swordsmanship. She's also extremely fast (as Clare couldn't even react, as Ophelia already had her arms wrapped around poor Clare, and Ophelia easily caught up to Clare as well, commenting at how inefficient Clare was at running, and everything else as well, as everyone comments about this about pre-Pieta Clare). Ophelia also has developed an unique sword technique that she calls "Rippling Sword". What's special about this, is that not even Clare's unique yoki sensing ability could help against it, and Clare got sliced up by it. I theorize that this is because Ophelia's "Rippling Sword" is actually physical in its nature, and doesn't use yoki to make it move that fast or as it does, which would explain why Clare's unique yoki sensing was unable to help her against it. Lastly, Claymore Ophelia can twist her neck at least 180 degrees, without dying. Claymore Ophelia can NOT Regeneration, however.

Awakened Ophelia however CAN regenerate. She's a snake, naga, or gorgon, so she has a huge tail-body to use. She's much more powerful as an Awakened in this snake Awakened form/body of hers. She's stronger and moves even faster (as a snake does). She can make multiple arms come out of her body and shoot projectiles at her opponents as well as be used as blade-arms (I think). Lastly, this Awakened snake body/form of hers is but a shell-exoskeleton Awakened body, enveloping/covering her real-true (human appearing) body and its vital organs, which can move around within her Awakened snake body (as seen in the manga telling us this and showing us as she moves this human-appearing real-true body of hers to and out of her tail section).

There's probably some more stuff I left out about both Claymore and Awakened Ophelia, but you can go look up the chapters if need be, though I'm sure you also, already know much about Ophelia, just like Galatea.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 27, 2010 at 08:58 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miria vs. Renee

Frankie:

can you please expound upon this? give reasons, explanations, examples of why/how Miria would "curbstomp the top #'s for the current generation (Frankie)" as being "mere fodder to Miria (Frankie)".
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 25, 2010 at 05:22 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dietrich vs. Nina

Dietrich gets my vote. Why? Well:
    1-The Org thought she was strong enough to be sent after Galatea.
    2-After the fight between hellcats and AFs she finished off whoever was left standing (BTW we could make a AFs vs hellcats), one hellcat gave Clare trouble.
    3-She mentioned she was demoted but still had the power of high single digit. That implies she was demoted to no8 rather than from it.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast