Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

Oh this is almost a Bleach confession thread

I confess that although I'm always saying to myself that it doesn't matter, I get upset over Bleach's ToC ranking every week. Like, very upset and confused.

ex oriente lux

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I feel the same way too. How can you not, when Mago got cancelled the way that it did?

I confess the lack of Beelzebub fanfiction does not bother me as much as it should. My priorities...where are they?! :cry

I also confess the anime/manga fandumb never ceases to amaze me how they can create shipping tension out of nothing. Not, "X and Y look so good together!" but the consistent reiteration of "who does Y look better with - X or Z?"

I confess I have read the Maximum Ride OEL manga and liked it. I...do not know why I like things like that.

And lastly...I confess there was a strong part of me that wanted Bakuman to have more criticism than it did. I enjoyed the manga, but beyond the initial novelty of the idea it was really hard to stay interested.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Big time confession:

One Piece is my favorite ongoing shounen, but I still am not quite sure why I like it so much, I feel I have seen most of what it covers in other shounen, Dragon Ball(Young Goku) had very similar stuff, though I still think One Piece is ORIGINAL! I am confused, it is like the only thing that keeps going on and on and on, and it is just interesting to me. I use terms like original, Oda-eque, One Piece-ness, to describe really the thing that I really can not explain why I LOVE One Piece. I get the feeling that I should not like it much, but I just can not stop.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

My confessions :

- I jumped into Naruto and Bleach bandwagon in 2007-2008, and years before that I never think I would read those mangas. I started "reading" One Piece in late 2000/early 2001, since an aunt of mine bought the tankobons when she was on a trip to Japan. It's also one of my favorites Shounen of all time. I love how Oda could cover serious topics in One Piece. I'm a One Piece fanboys

- My all time favorite Jump mangas are mostly serialized during 1980's - 1990's, (Jigoku Sensei Nube, Saint Seiya, Slam Dunk, Dragon Ball, Dr. Slump, Captain Tsubasa, City Hunter, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Jojo Bizzare Adventure etc). I don't know why.. but probably mangas made post-2000 are "softer" compared to those which were made during 80's-90's.

- I detest excessive and useless fanservice. I don't mind fanservice as long as it doesn't ruin the main story or art of the manga. I personally believe that there are many mangas which story and art are ruined for the purpose of fanservice these days, which means an increase of popularity of this stuff.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay,

I confess that I sometimes wish Bleach was a shoujo. It would be so beautiful T__T

And mentioning shoujo, I confess I don't find Kimi ni Todoke to be that awesome. Although I like Chizu/Ryu.

ex oriente lux

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I reaaaally enjoyed seeing Bleach in the bottom five of the TOC like almost every week. Though recent chapters have been better, I felt as though Kubo needed to be punished for that horrible war arc.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I hate the Tobito theory and it pisses me off. If Tobi is Obito, it'd be a shitty, horrible writing.

I confess I think Naruto's gotten the most free powerups out of all the character in Naruto, and that it's a given fact that Kyuubi is NOT Naruto's own power.

I confess that I thought first arc of Yu Yu Hakusho was boring as hell and hte last arc was too abrupt, that it ended too early and quickly. Apart from that, it's a great manga and one of my favorites.

I confess that DBZ got bad and then worse after Frieza Saga, if not Saiyan Saga. Dragon Ball is one of the best action shounen ever.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I have become a bit addicted to K-dramas, so much that I’m currently watching two K-dramas at the same time.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I confess I hate the Tobito theory and it pisses me off. If Tobi is Obito, it'd be a shitty, horrible writing.
    I confess that I want this to be true.
    • I enjoy reading shonen action manga like a lot of people, but I'm more interested in how the characters interact and grow rather than the battles itself. I can never understand why X move is stronger than Y move or why Z move is the most superior out of this particular type. (From my observation of fandoms, it seems that gamers are more likely to wrap their heads around how a battle system works.)
    • I'm basing some of my decisions on which anime to watch by the seiyuus. I'm eager to watch a certain series even if my favourite actors are minor characters.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I cannot watch series that are not in High-Definition and/or that aren't widescreen, particularly early digitally coloured shows. I am so used to watching HD programming/film that anything else just looks so blurry to me, though only when it comes to watching something on a computer screen since I tend to be closer to it. This is bad for me since there a lot of good anime series that came before HD/widescreen, yet I can't appreciate them as I once used too. However, this seems to be more an issue with the quality in which these shows were ripped/taped, seeing as I own the Ghost In The Shell 1&2 blu-ray and had no problem at all (maybe the up-scaling was pretty well done).

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Big time confession:

One Piece is my favorite ongoing shounen, but I still am not quite sure why I like it so much, I feel I have seen most of what it covers in other shounen, Dragon Ball(Young Goku) had very similar stuff, though I still think One Piece is ORIGINAL! I am confused, it is like the only thing that keeps going on and on and on, and it is just interesting to me. I use terms like original, Oda-eque, One Piece-ness, to describe really the thing that I really can not explain why I LOVE One Piece. I get the feeling that I should not like it much, but I just can not stop.
    I confess that I used to like One Piece a lot more. Nowadays I'm a bit meh towards the series because as awesome as it can be, the last few arcs didn't impress me that much. The War was a so-so for me (end was great though), Fishman Island was horrible and the current arc is okay. I feel like the pace is rather bad lately and the anime with it's even more horrible pace doesn't help =/

I don't really get why such an amount of people seems to be totally happy and fond of One Piece these days. Granted, it's better than most battle shounens out there but it's not what it used to be, at least for me.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I confess that I used to like One Piece a lot more. Nowadays I'm a bit meh towards the series because as awesome as it can be, the last few arcs didn't impress me that much. The War was a so-so for me (end was great though), Fishman Island was horrible and the current arc is okay. I feel like the pace is rather bad lately and the anime with it's even more horrible pace doesn't help =/

I don't really get why such an amount of people seems to be totally happy and fond of One Piece these days. Granted, it's better than most battle shounens out there but it's not what it used to be, at least for me.
    Gotta say I agree with you. I DO understand why people are fond of One piece, but I definitely agree with you that while it's 'Great' now, it's not as 'Amazing' as it used to be. That is in no way saying it's terrible or anything. I also agree with you on the pacing....Even before the War arc, the pacing has kinda glacerized. (TM). Granted it's far better than the basically nothing that happens in a Bleach chapter, but it's getting to the point that it's like only marginally better, which makes me sorta sad.

On topic....I don't have much to confess. Um, I guess I sorta like how Fukuchi Tsubasa's female characters aren't ridiculously stacked and are in fact a little chubby sometimes. (I'm going to hell.)

I also confess to not watching Sword Art Online, and beginning to regret it, and that I sorta like Eureka 7 AO more than the first one. (I think I may be the only one on the internet who feels this way.) I also confess that If I could take back translating Magi, I totally would. I missed that bandwagon so hard and now I have a massive regret cloud hanging over me.
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; September 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see someone's sharing my opinion about OP. Don't misunderstand me, I do get why people are fond of the series but it's like no one seems to notice the drop in quality. Most people still are all "It's so freaking amazing wtf" and I just don't get it. I really love "Naruto" as a series but I'm not that blind to see how much the quality dropped.

Well I do not want to make it sound like I'm bashing the series, everyone his own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    I also confess to not watching Sword Art Online, and beginning to regret it, and that I sorta like Eureka 7 AO more than the first one. (I think I may be the only one on the internet who feels this way.) I also confess that If I could take back translating Magi, I totally would. I missed that bandwagon so hard and now I have a massive regret cloud hanging over me.
    Overrated, seriously. I've watched it since the beginning and while it's definitely a good show I feel like people are overreacting. I guess a good story with top-notch animation is just that rare these days.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Good to see someone's sharing my opinion about OP. Don't misunderstand me, I do get why people are fond of the series but it's like no one seems to notice the drop in quality. Most people still are all "It's so freaking amazing wtf" and I just don't get it. I really love "Naruto" as a series but I'm not that blind to see how much the quality dropped.

Well I do not want to make it sound like I'm bashing the series, everyone his own opinion.

Overrated, seriously. I've watched it since the beginning and while it's definitely a good show I feel like people are overreacting. I guess a good story with top-notch animation is just that rare these days.
    Hm. I guess I may watch it when I have a bit of time then. The premise sounded kind of dumb, but the press it's been getting has done it's job of intriuging me I guess. For real though, good stories with top notch animation are sort of rare nowadays, although I really don't care much about animation as long as the plot is gripping and or funny.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confession time:

Fanservice: I don't really care about it, yet don't despise it like the plauge, if the art is good enough for that sort of thing and its outside of story developments/fights/and other important momments, I'm otherwise fine with it

I've also never seen DBZ aside form the parodies of youtube, and I place Konjiki no gash on a level most fans place DBZ. I've also never seen Naruto and when I first started getting into manga I promised myself to avoid it for a while due to its popularity (ironicly my second manga was one piece)

SEGWAY! This one piece one got long XD
    Spoiler show

Lastly let these things about me be known:
    I like Aoi better than Hilda and acctually didn't Like Hilda until the demon high arc (though she was badass regardless).

I don't care how many speeches he gives or how his harem works, Kamijou Touma is still one of my favorite harem leads and main male characters in general.

I wasn't a huge fan of the game aspect in the greed Island arc of HxH when I read it in the manga but hope the anime does something about it to change my mind.

I write a fanfic of Gash Bell using its world yet with my own characters and other OCs with my own cannon, and am DAMN PROUD OF IT.

I despise with bloody passion the beelzebub anime adaptation and hope it burns it hell.

I don't give a flying rats anus about a vast majority of the shinigami in Bleach and wished it focused more on Ichigo's circle of friends.

The disappearance of Haruhi did not, I repeat NOT make me ship Kyon with Yuki and I still ship him with Haruhi. and lastly, but absolutly not least:

SCREW FAIRY TAIL AND EVERY LAST CONCENTRATED FORCE OF HOT AIR IT SPOUTS ABOUT FIRENDSHIP, LOVE AND ANYTHING SIMILAR!! IT. SOUNDS. SO. FAKE. TO. ME!!!

Hu...Hu...Hu...

Well, I'm glad I got that done... now I'll go chill out. Gez I should stop going to these confession threads they get me riled up.
    Last edited by thatguy3331; September 22, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

New Reply
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast