Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

I confess that 99% of the time in pairings, I cheer for the "tough" guy, not the sweet boy-next-door...

And I confess that when the pairings don't go as I was hoping they would (what doesn't happen often), it spoils my enjoyment a lot...

I started watching Dream High, I'm only on episode 5, and since I was so smart (>_>;; ) as to google up who Hye Mi ends up with, I don't even want to continue although I reaaally love the drama so far. I wanted her to fall in love with the other one..... T___T I hope he doesn't get too heartbroken in the end

..even though I have to continue and let the drama have a chance to convince me that the pairing is the right one, I'm now kind of meh :/

ex oriente lux

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I don't like seeing crack pairing fanarts in Manga and Anime that I like. They are just bizzare and makes me feel uncomfortable most of the time.

I confess I was a skeptic for Shoujo and Josei Manga before I read Kimi no Todoke and Chihayafuru. Now I think I would broaden my interest more, there are many good Shoujo and Josei manga out there.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I confess I was a skeptic for Shoujo and Josei Manga before I read Kimi no Todoke and Chihayafuru. Now I think I would broaden my interest more, there are many good Shoujo and Josei manga out there.
    There are good manga in every single genre, only that you may not like to read some of those. :P

The ratio of hentai to non-hentai manga I read may be more balanced than it should.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I confess I don't like seeing crack pairing fanarts in Manga and Anime that I like. They are just bizzare and makes me feel uncomfortable most of the time.

Agreed on the first~

and I wouldn't have thought that you were so sceptic there are such wonderful shoujo and josei manga out there. You should definitely check out Ao Haru Ride and Sangatsu no Lion

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    There are good manga in every single genre, only that you may not like to read some of those. :P
    That's true, sometimes choosing Manga according to a genre/demographic can be misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    and I wouldn't have thought that you were so sceptic there are such wonderful shoujo and josei manga out there. You should definitely check out Ao Haru Ride and Sangatsu no Lion
    I guess what turns me down is I was not used to Shoujo and Josei art style with all the bishies.. I think I should try to read Ao Haru Ride too. By the way, Sangatsu no Lion is a Seinen manga since it is published in Young Animal even though the Author is famous with her Josei works.

Related to Schabrak's confession: I confess that I read so many X-rated doujins this year more than I intended to.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I confess that 99% of the time in pairings, I cheer for the "tough" guy, not the sweet boy-next-door...

And I confess that when the pairings don't go as I was hoping they would (what doesn't happen often), it spoils my enjoyment a lot...

I started watching Dream High, I'm only on episode 5, and since I was so smart (>_>;; ) as to google up who Hye Mi ends up with, I don't even want to continue although I reaaally love the drama so far. I wanted her to fall in love with the other one..... T___T I hope he doesn't get too heartbroken in the end

..even though I have to continue and let the drama have a chance to convince me that the pairing is the right one, I'm now kind of meh :/
    oh you wanted her with taechyeon?*sorry forgot characters name*

I confess I wanted Gin and Rangiku to run away some place far away *_* damn aizen-pyon

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I confess that I ship some questionable pairings. Feel free to ask about them in my thread/through PM, but I'll just say that I have good justifications for it. It's not completely random.
    2. Shingeki no Kyojin is indeed a very good manga, but I wouldn't call it great. I'm still trying to figure out what others see in it so I'd love to hear some opinions.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Shingeki no Kyojin is indeed a very good manga, but I wouldn't call it great. I'm still trying to figure out what others see in it so I'd love to hear some opinions.
    I'd say that it's because Shingeki is very thrilling to me. It's one of the Manga where I always anticipated every chapter, but my assessment could possibly be wrong, since who knows maybe the ending would not be as strong as the setup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confess that I want Billy Bat serialized weekly instead of Bi-weekly.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My next confession is about Bleach…
    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

If I hadn't been so dissatisfied and disappointed in Beelzebub's current arc (Couple Grand Prix), I probably wouldn't have gotten into Magi so whole-heartedly. But now that I have, I feel kind of terrible for assuming things about Magi that I know aren't particularly true. Not only is the manga itself awesome, but fandom is a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

On that note, Beelzebub's current arc is a constant reminder of how much I hate ship wars. It reminds me of all the other times fandom has made me incredibly unhappy and shallow about "picking a side" and believing it like some kind of personal ideology. Don't get me wrong, I am a MASSIVE SHIPPER. I have OTPs and pairings that I like in every manga that I've possibly ever read. I've fangirled with fellow shippers, I've bought doujinshi about my favorite pairings, and I've even tried to organize a fan-event for one of them (it failed). But at the same time, it inevitably creates this us vs them mentality that takes out a lot of fun in enjoying the manga/anime for what it is. In a bitter state of mind, I think Tamura is trolling his own fandom just to see us devolve into such a state.

Maybe I'm wrong and there will be a surprise ending to this arc.

Anyway, now on to another confession: A part of me really wishes Aladdin from Magi were a girl, so we could have two female magi and two male magi. But then, so much of the story would have changed, so I know it would have been a bad move in the long run. If not Aladdin, then at least either Judal or Yunan could have been female. I just think it would be slightly more interesting than you're usual "2-to-3 guys to every girl" formula.

Lastly, there's something about Magi that reminds me a lot of Pandora Hearts. And this disturbs me, because I really hated Pandora Hearts. But nonetheless, there is this bizarre similarity between them, like the main trio being a young male hero, and enigmatic (but powerful) girl, and a comic relief guy who is totally bros with the main hero. Of course it is a generalization, but hey, this is what confessions are for!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I find it agonizing whenever I see fans of a manga constantly misspelling names or terms. Examples from Naruto: Kakazu(Kakuzu) or Tsukayumi(Tsukuyomi)
    Even though I'm not as big a fan as I used to be, it still bothers me an aweful lot.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Time for a confession and once again is about Bleach:

Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I give up. I confess I get easily annoyed how a woman wearing lipstick is often shown as a negative point in manga. Consider the following:

Urtear from Fairy Tail : When she was evil, she wore a nice shade of red lipstick. After the timeskip and we've established she's redeemed herself? The lipstick is gone.

Nene from Beelzebub: Nene was never evil, but her lipstick was definitely a sign of her delinquency. However, the mangaka has been showing her with it less and less, and in this current tournament arc, she isn't wearing it at all.

The mom-pirate from Magi: She wears lipstick, kidnaps children and makes them think she's their mom so they can go off and attack other ships for her.

I know its like a super minor point, but I like wearing make up, and when I see this trope being used it just annoys me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That is kind of true, but I seem to remember that Nami used to wear lipstick (or lip gloss, or shiny lips, or whatever), and some of the female characters in Naruto do to (again maybe it's lip gloss, shiny lips, etc...).

Anyway, I confess that I'm disappointed in Reborn's ending. Not the actual chapter, but the fact that there totally should've been one last arc just to give the series some closure. In fact, that's the main problem with the series's ending, a lack of closure. Tsuna never really made his choice, be it which girl he likes or wether or not he'll really become the 10th Vongola boss. Plus a bunch of characters disappeared and never showed up again (Shamal), we never really understood the deal with the Cervello (who imo would make great villains), with the Earth Flames or the Hell Rings. I'm going to stop here, but basically I'm disappointed in all the stuff that the manga neglected to resolve before ending.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Alright, I give up. I confess I get easily annoyed how a woman wearing lipstick is often shown as a negative point in manga. Consider the following:

Urtear from Fairy Tail : When she was evil, she wore a nice shade of red lipstick. After the timeskip and we've established she's redeemed herself? The lipstick is gone.

Nene from Beelzebub: Nene was never evil, but her lipstick was definitely a sign of her delinquency. However, the mangaka has been showing her with it less and less, and in this current tournament arc, she isn't wearing it at all.

The mom-pirate from Magi: She wears lipstick, kidnaps children and makes them think she's their mom so they can go off and attack other ships for her.

I know its like a super minor point, but I like wearing make up, and when I see this trope being used it just annoys me.
    Maybe it's more of a culture thing than being a trope, good that the majority of mature manga doesn't have those problems as far as I can remember.

Yeah the conclusion of KHR was disappointing, yet I didn't expect anything else from Amano, she seemed to have lost control of what was intended to happen for more than a year now. To be honest it was rather a mess, plot lines didn't converge, arcs just following the principle of beating those or these kinds of rings, only to turn those enemies into their partners. She should try some other formula, her art is beautiful, so please don't waste your talent on it anymore! How about some more female character, who actually appear once in a while instead of being one of the main support characters, while being sidelines for years only to end in a non-conclusion. Ah why did I even reply... it's just sad what happened. But not nearly as sad as reading comments like this being one of the best manga they ever read. XD

No big confessions but the old one again, I'm desperately trying to follow this seasons series, keeping up with on-hold ones get's harder and harder. Ah life.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

23. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast