Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 269

Thread: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

  1. #211
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    I confess I love the fact that Shikaku and his group got killed or may have gotten killed in Naruto, even though I'm sad at the loss of Shikaku. The war needed deaths of characters we know.

  2. #212
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    And only at convenient time, when they couldn't create a strategy to win against a now overhelming enemy. It hurt, but it was far to late to be of any weight for the plot. Yeah, I see how Shikamaru could take over for the symbolic "next generation", but the point stands. I confess that I think Kishimoto is a pussy in that regard[and so or many other mangaka]. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  3. #213
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    My confession is that I find antagonists or anti-heroes much more interesting than protagonists. In fact when I look at whom my favourite characters are in manga/anime, I notice that they are never the main characters. It doesn't mean that I don't like the protagonists (otherwise I wouldn't continue reading/watching the series), but I find the darker characters a lot of fun to pick at in terms of their personality and motives.

  4. #214
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    I caught up with Bleach, and I confess that I still have no idea why people kept complaining about it.

  5. #215
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    My current confession : I confess that I believe debates revolve around romanticism/shipping in Manga and Anime should be separated from the discussion concerning the Anime and Manga itself, if it is not related with the current story line. Somehow I notice this lately, both non-shipper readers who hate shippers and the other way around are equally annoying. People should be comfortable in discussing what they want to talk about and I could not and would not understand why there is the need to antagonize each other in the discussion.

  6. #216
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    My current confession : I confess that I believe debates revolve around romanticism/shipping in Manga and Anime should be separated from the discussion concerning the Anime and Manga itself, if it is not related with the current story line. Somehow I notice this lately, both non-shipper readers who hate shippers and the other way around are equally annoying. People should be comfortable in discussing what they want to talk about and I could not and would not understand why there is the need to antagonize each other in the discussion.
    Easy. People´s image of a literary work (whether it is manga, novels or whatever) or even generally everything differ even though they are looking at, watching, listening or reading the same thing. In this particular case, some people just like to imagine certain characters being involved in a romantic relationship even though it is not shown in the piece itself. Some people on the other hand completely reject that image (whether they ship another relationship or non at all is secondary) because it does not coincide with their own, so discussions and arguments come up. I agree with you though, those who want to discuss it should do so without having to fear annoying posts.

  7. #217
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Easy. People´s image of a literary work (whether it is manga, novels or whatever) or even generally everything differ even though they are looking at, watching, listening or reading the same thing. In this particular case, some people just like to imagine certain characters being involved in a romantic relationship even though it is not shown in the piece itself. Some people on the other hand completely reject that image (whether they ship another relationship or non at all is secondary) because it does not coincide with their own, so discussions and arguments come up. I agree with you though, those who want to discuss it should do so without having to fear annoying posts.
    What irritates me is more to the fact "Why people need be so preachy when it comes to shipping/non-shipping?!" though, not the shipping by itself. Of course shipping, either heterosexual or homosexual pairings are exist everywhere; the phenomenon is just inevitable. Polarization of fandom in regards to shipping is something I'd say normal and acceptable, but obviously there is no need for someone to have a severe case of holier-than-thou attitude in a discussion. I just notice lately that people who vehemently bashing shippers in a discussion are just as repulsive as people who ships evangelically. A separate place for the discussion might not abolish the intense flame wars, but I believe in some ways it could alleviate the problems.

    ----------------------------------

    I confess that I might sound like a Weaboo for saying this, but I feel that most of the time I feel uncomfortable watching Anime in English dub. Probably there are only two Anime which English dub I could stand: Planetes and Evangelion.

  8. #218
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Well to be honest, a lot of voice actors dubbing anime just aren't as good at the craft as their Japanese counterparts. I mean can you imagine western video games (the best example) that are know for their great voice acting featuring dub voice actors? It wouldn't sound very good. If for example you watch the Mass Effect anime feature and compare the voices in that (which feature American voice actors) to the voices in the actual game series, you'll notice a big difference in terms of quality.

    PS: I'm with you on Evangelion. It's one of the few series that I actually prefer to watch dubbed (other examples include Baccano! and Persona 4 for the PS2).

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #219
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    What irritates me is more to the fact "Why people need be so preachy when it comes to shipping/non-shipping?!" though, not the shipping by itself. Of course shipping, either heterosexual or homosexual pairings are exist everywhere; the phenomenon is just inevitable. Polarization of fandom in regards to shipping is something I'd say normal and acceptable, but obviously there is no need for someone to have a severe case of holier-than-thou attitude in a discussion. I just notice lately that people who vehemently bashing shippers in a discussion are just as repulsive as people who ships evangelically. A separate place for the discussion might not abolish the intense flame wars, but I believe in some ways it could alleviate the problems.

    ----------------------------------

    I confess that I might sound like a Weaboo for saying this, but I feel that most of the time I feel uncomfortable watching Anime in English dub. Probably there are only two Anime which English dub I could stand: Planetes and Evangelion.
    Easily explained by haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. All you can do is try to let them listen to reason or use your mighty green colored words. :P

    Who doesn't feel weirded out hearing Dubs? One's not accustomed nor does it look right to me watching anime with another language. Sometimes everything works, most of the time, not.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  11. #220
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Easily explained by haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. All you can do is try to let them listen to reason or use your mighty green colored words. :P
    lol actually I was talking about internet fandom in general, not narrowly restricting its scope to this community. Yeah, the easiest way to cop out and argue from being calm in the shipping discussion of course is saying "haters gonna hate" catchphrase. I know I should care less about it, but it still bugs me in one way or another. Quite depressing, I must say.

  12. #221
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Some people just don't want to budge from their opinion, as with everything else, a bias towards this or that will always lead to conflict.

    Watching ME:Paragon Lost right now, Vega's voice is the original one, but I still can't stand him. The rest sounds pretty much like right out of Afro Samurai, neutral to bad. Movie is bad on it's own, predictable to the max. I hope Production I.G hadn't had any influence into the plot. I already regret watching it....
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  13. #222
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Yeah it's not that great. As for Vega, I don't really have an opinion of him to be honest, but I still think he's one of the better voices in Paragon Lost.

  14. #223
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cave of Wonders
    Country
    Pakistan
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Interesting discussion. I confess I have seen shippers act holier-than-thou more often than non-shippers, though I can easily see why non-shippers would pride themselves on being "above it all".

    At DGraydivinity, we had a LOT of shippers, and for a while a moderator banned shipping discussions in the manga/anime section because she really didn't want to deal with the inevitable polarization that came with it. Instead, we had fanclubs where people could express their love and hate for ships. But after a while, I realized fandom became polarized anyway, but it had mellowed out as well (probably because D.Gray-man kept going on hiatus, sigh). Way after I became moderator, shipping threads started in the main forum, but they were really mild. Most times with shipping threads people just want to confess their opinion rather than engage in a debate. They'll do their business and move on. People who want to start shipping debates are hard to sympathize with though, and at best I think they geniunely want people to agree with them, at worst they are terrible trolls.

    Obviously I am a huge shipper, but I think I may be a self-loathing one. o_O I don't mind talking about my ships, but I can't help but feel guilty about it too, as if I owe all the non-shippers a sense of diplomacy when I am clearly stating a very personal opinion.

    I confess I have mixed feelings on how fast-paced the Magi anime is. On one had, its great that we are getting so much of the manga animated in one go, as A-1 is doing a great job of it. At the same time, it's sad knowing we'll probably never get a renewal after the series ends, or at least not for a while. I know Magi's become popular enough that it doesn't need the anime, but I really want it to become a big ol' franchise, with a movie and everything. A musical would work, even!

  15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #224
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    I remember Agrias and WL (or one of them) banning Naruto x Sakura and Naruto x Hinata shipping talk because it was the same thing, with same argument that they didn't deserve post counts for.


    I confess I'm embarrassed to admit that Bleach is more enjoyable than Naruto right now.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #225
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I confess I have mixed feelings on how fast-paced the Magi anime is. On one had, its great that we are getting so much of the manga animated in one go, as A-1 is doing a great job of it. At the same time, it's sad knowing we'll probably never get a renewal after the series ends, or at least not for a while. I know Magi's become popular enough that it doesn't need the anime, but I really want it to become a big ol' franchise, with a movie and everything. A musical would work, even!
    Considering how popular it is, I'd expect a second season soon. It's been dominating popularity polls in Newtype, Doraku posted some over in Theater. Magi has even managed to breach the anime ratings top ten from time to time. Not every week, but even every once in a while is a big accomplishment. Most of the shows in the top ten have been there for ten years, or more. Sazae-san, Conan, One Piece, Chibi Maruka-chan. I'd expect a second season, movies, toys, everything. Not sure about a musical though. And the best part: no filler.

New Reply
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts