Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Manga-Anime Confessional Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Bring your naruto or sai what-soever fanboying somewhere else, say the Naruto forums. This site have one.
    I really doubt you can call Naruto a war though, it's more like a ninja raid with zombies, but whatever.

Sorry, but in the end I think its just people opinions. I really hate where Naruto is going now but that is my personal opinion, so uh, we can't compare stuffs like that.
    Excuse me?? like you're not a fanboy either. Ok, lemme ask you your favourite manga. Could you point out its good points AND bad points?? everyone is a fanboy here, when they get to the subject of favourite manga and people questioned it, would YOU be willing to also point out its bad points?? NOPE. Everybody here is the same. It's all about bias, really. I may be biased towards Naruto, but I can also see things objectively.

Naruto has its good points where the fights are fought with using tactics, its realism, and great character developments.

Its bad points is how the main character acts, his naivety, and sometimes the story's over the top dramas. Not only that, Sometimes it can be unoriginal, as the case with zombies. Also, I will add the plotholes Kishi likes to make a lot of times.

There you have it, but even then I still enjoy it because apparently, in terms of long-run development, it does very well.

As for my post, I disagreed with M3J because he was clearly judging the war too quick. I mean, come on, who ever heard of an arc being judged just by its first 5 chapters??

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Please do not call each other or anyone else "fanboys". Drop the subject or else I will delete any off-topic posts afterwards.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I agree, I was judging the war too quickly, but early stages can show how the war might turn out. Kankurou vs. Sasori fight was horrible, though Kakashi vs. Zabuza is looking to be interesting.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess i find FT much more sexy than most of the hentais out there...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    You just confessed that you read hentais

FT do is quite sexy,but i never found a liking in the art.People often compare it to OP's art,but frankly speaking,i think FT's art is worse.(Not that OP has bad art.)

and i heard that the story is even more bland.I think i read 3 or 4 volumes,but i didn't really get attached to it.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

- i find it impolite when people bash the quality of scans of a scanlation group. i mean, they all doing it voluntary and for free, why can't people just be grateful?

- Bashing characters is not okay in my book. Bashing characters in a long writing people label 'essay' or 'academic writing' is even more disgusting.
    Last edited by R4n; December 31, 2010 at 01:15 AM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    What i dislike about most of my favourite manga is the art.Naruto,D.Gray-man,Bakuman all had amazing art.Naruto had an awesome style back then and Kishimoto was improving with every volume.But in part 2 he started to get lazier and gives us some half-assed and stiff art.It could have so dazzling art it's not even funny.Kishimoto himself is such a great artist.Just look at that colorspread where he drew Naruto,Sakura and Sasuke in a realistic style.It was stunning to say the least.But he is so lazy.>__>
    As for D.Gray-Man,i guess the style is still alright,but the quality decreased.It used to have wonderful artwork,but now everyone is suddenly chubby and everything looks kinda weird.
    And Bakuman....do i have to say anything?Look at the first chapters and at Obata's earlier works and compare it to today's art.You'll know what i mean.
    Tbh, I never thought any of these are inferior to their prior drawing style and I never liked all these talks about the drawings getting bad. Art changes and something unusual often looks bad at first sight. Hoshino (D.Gray-man) is trying out different drawing styles, aside from that, she had some serious health problems. Ohba changed his drawing style more than one time, I think he's just experimenting like Hoshino. Personally, I prefer evolution over standstill even though I may not always like it. In the majority of cases, it's a sign that the mangaka tries something new.
    And please do not say that Kishimoto is lazy if you haven't any specific evidence. It's easy but unfair to judge someone without knowing the background.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Yup.And still hoping for goth-loli Erza H-doujins out there.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    And please do not say that Kishimoto is lazy if you haven't any specific evidence. It's easy but unfair to judge someone without knowing the background.
    It's okay to not like a manga's art/plot/characters/whatever, but I also don't think it's very kind to insult the author when we're not sure what s/he was doing when they were working on it. They do have personal lives after all.

Semi-related: I don't understand the complaints about ONE PIECE's art. What I like about it is that it's fun and has a unique style that's different from any other manga. (Yes, I'm aware of Fairy Tail but I see them as being completely different.)

What I like about Shiki (the manga) was its harsh use of contrast, and I think the creepy atmosphere got lost when it became an anime. :/ Perhaps.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if I had to say why I don't find OP's art interesting, I'd say it's because Oda sometimes draws too many things at once. Therefore, it sometimes get hard to see what's happening in the picture. Another thing is, Oda's toning feels a bit darker compared to most mainstream manga. Although it is a plus since it kinda breaks the norm.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You made a valid point Newkerzy, and I really like that. I don't mind if a person doesn't like something but to simply say it's "not good" when art is subjective and has no best/worst is something I'm :/ about.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Semi-related: I don't understand the complaints about ONE PIECE's art. What I like about it is that it's fun and has a unique style that's different from any other manga. (Yes, I'm aware of Fairy Tail but I see them as being completely different.)

What I like about Shiki (the manga) was its harsh use of contrast, and I think the creepy atmosphere got lost when it became an anime. :/ Perhaps.
    I'm not sure either but I do know some people who don't want to read it because of the art. One said it's too childish or ridicoulus sometimes but most of them didn't even have a specific reason. Just as you said, Oda has a unique art style, which may not be appeal to everyone. Nevertheless I never understand why someone wouldn't try a manga because of the art. Sure it's important but I think it's the story which makes a manga. For example I never really liked the art in FMA but the story is just epic, you have to love it.

As for Shiki, I thought the anime do has a creepy atmosphere and did a great job delivering that. Do you watch it?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Tbh, I never thought any of these are inferior to their prior drawing style and I never liked all these talks about the drawings getting bad. Art changes and something unusual often looks bad at first sight. Hoshino (D.Gray-man) is trying out different drawing styles, aside from that, she had some serious health problems. Ohba changed his drawing style more than one time, I think he's just experimenting like Hoshino. Personally, I prefer evolution over standstill even though I may not always like it. In the majority of cases, it's a sign that the mangaka tries something new.
    It's okay to not like a manga's art/plot/characters/whatever, but I also don't think it's very kind to insult the author when we're not sure what s/he was doing when they were working on it. They do have personal lives after all.
    I'm sorry for sounding so negative.I mean,i'm all for Hoshino experimenting with her style,so even though i don't really like the current style,i am fine with it because i see a lot of effort behind it.In Naruto's case it's a bit different.It was wrong to state that Kishimoto is lazy(even though he stated so himself),but i get the feeling that he is lazy.After seeing double-spreads like this and the fresh,varied and dynamic art of part 1,the current art style seems half-assed,or more like lazy.Don't get me wrong,i still love the art in Naruto,especially when i see pages like this,but it could be sooo much better.
    I nearly agree about everything,but Bakuman.The art in the beginning was great.It was fitting the rather serious tone of the manga and the manga they were drawing.So the drawings were rather realistic (DN-style).Then,Ashirogi Muto made a gag-manga,thus the art style changed into a more light-hearted and silly one.So when the gag-manga ended,i expected another art change,but it stayed the same,more like,it became rather weird.It does not look like Obata at all,and i don't mean it in a good way.On 2ch they are even speculating that Obata quit drawing the manga and that Ohba is drawing it now.And judging by the storyboards they show in each volume,it seems to be true.

I don't get it either.If i learned one thing in Bakuman,it is that the art has to fit the plot and the characters.And the art in OP is the best you can use for that kind of story.It fits perfectly.Imagine Inoue(Slam Dunk,Vagabond,REAL) drawing OP.That would be a disaster.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even Dragon Ball was still better in art IMO. And it was an adventure comedy type with lots of fighting, too. But then again Oda seriously can't compare to the godfather of modern shonen manga, so it's kind of an unfair comparison.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez
    you just confessed that you read hentais
    Hey in my book, NOT reading hentai counts as a confessionable thingy,not the other way around . But if you want, i can 'confess' more about this, even giving out the list of my beloved hentais... .

@Googlez again...don't you even dare say THE INOUE wouldn't know how to draw fittingly FOR ANY MANGA, let alone OP.I know i've voted for Nehei, (eh...the guy who drew blame!...don't know if i got the name right)...but when it comes to coming up with a fitting style, no one can compare to the versatility of inoue.
    Last edited by ashher; January 01, 2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast