Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Manga-Anime Confessional Thread

Naruto : If I haven't read it for so many years, I would have probably dropped it. I am not liking the recent developments at all. And I share Blai's view about Naruto and Sasuke . I have always hated Sakura.

@Milly : Though I respect your opinion but how can you say "Bleach is fail." when you do not even read it. Ones opinion should be based on some logic and frankly I fail to find any logic there.

Bleach : It has good parts and bad parts. I had hoped to see more from Vizards but they were the biggest disappointment so far. Orihime, Matsumoto, and Hinamori annoys me so much.

Claymore : Didn't like how the altered the events in the anime.

Tenjou Tenge : The rushed end did not justify the brilliance of the series.

Berserk : I wanted to see old Guts, not the new one.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; December 08, 2010 at 03:04 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Me, being a new berserk fan don't dare say this to the veterans...but really the part when i actually fell for it was when the back story ended and the new gatts emerged. Then i love Vagabond...but i feel the way it throws out philosophy directly negs from narration marks. About naruto i really think that kishimoto has wasted so much plot potential. not much of a confession really, i say it everywhere...but i usually emphasize on the positive points, which more than compensate for the cons imho. Lastly i read (and enjoy quite a lot) Vampire Knight and The One(this is a huge confession...lol).

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Lastly i read (and enjoy quite a lot) Vampire Knight(this is a huge confession...lol).
    I read it too even though I think it's not really good atm (aka since the Rido Arc), I still want to see how things turn out. I put it on hold for some time and started reading it again yesterday. I support Yuuki x Zero ^__^

Dragonball: I loved it back then when I was a little child. When I started watching Dragonball:Kai (sort of a remake of the anime) I realized that it's only fighting, the writing is really... poor. Nowadays I can't understand the hype around DB anymore.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly I couldn't find thumb symbols that fast so I just use a traffic light system for my ups and downs

Naruto: I totally lost interest actually, still do remember most of the story though and still check the latest chapters every few weeks. Actually all I wanna know is how it finishes ;(
    Actually I liked the idea about the war, but don't think that it is beeing used very well. I'ld still preferr a scenario of almost every character dying - Sakura, Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Gaara, Kakashi and many many many many more - exept for Naruto, Sasuke and some minor characters of the ninja alliance (such as Hinata, Shino and some totally unimportant guys who would have their time to shine) and totally change the concept of Naruto into a story of searching for a new purpose.
    Well, as some people already told me, that's "too Seinen" for a Shounen.

Berserk: Although I'm a huge Berserk fan, I really disliked the latest part so far. Imo it went down ever since Shierke and witchcraft made their appearance. I'ld love to just see most of Gatsu's current group dying.
    I don't have very high hopes that it will ever return to the greatness of the Golden Age arc or the even stronger badassness from before that. Well, it's still more than the "only wanna know the end"-stuff of Naruto for me; I'm still happy about every new chapter.

Planetes:
    It was hard for me to get into the scenario and everything, but after the story and characters became deeper after a while it was really great. I wonder: Is this as deep and philosophical as manga get or are there more complex, heavier ones? (If anyone believes to know one, I'ld be glad for every hint) I'ld certainly love to read such.
    I'm sure the ending might disappoint many, it didn't do so for me though.

Vinland Saga: Arrrr I cannot stop hoping for it to release in a faster pace
    I'm really addicted to it and loved the latest arc even though many did not, I just can't wait another year
    On the other hand, it's a little sad. Vinland Saga definitly arrived at a point of no return, saying "nothing will ever be like it used to be". The changes are too big for reversal, leaving the so called "Introduction" arc as a piece of great manga, which now will remain untouched as it's just "finished".

Tegami Bachi:
    I thought I was done with most of Shounen, but this one is really great. Yeah, it has these typical Shounen-annoyances of extreme naivete and luck at some points, but I still love it. A great style, interesting universe, a nice balance of main- and side stories imo.
    It's very much what I expect of a good Shounen supposed to be readable for older readers as well.
    The part which severely disappointed me was when the scanlater added a note that Zaji (click: image - it's the left character) is a boy. I like such tomboy girl characters, it saddened me that he/she wasn't

Hellsing:
    The manga/OVA story and atmosphere suck. The original anime is the actual great thing about it. Also, check out the two soundtracks for it; They're totally awesome.

Bleach/OP:
    Bleach failed to ever sparkle any interest in me ever since the Soul Society arc ended. OP failed to ever appeal me. No more discussion about it from my side.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; December 14, 2010 at 03:11 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I could sign every word you wrote Crude, I totally feel the same way regarding these series! As for Naruto, it get's a lot better after the Summit Arc, because we haven't seen Sasuke since that time (except for a few panels). I do not want to spoil you but secondary characters get a lot more attention now and Naruto finally got the main-screentime back.
    That's good to hear. I saw the double-spread colour page announcing the War Arc, and I have to admit I'm intrigued (is that how you spell it?). I just really want to see the secondary characters get at least the same amount of attention that they did in Part 1.

Quote Quote:
    You mentioning Chad and Rukia reminded me of another confession I need to make. I confess that I don’t like the way KT has treated Chad. He seemed like such a cool character at the beginning of the series but thanks to the way KT has treated Chad, things have been reduced to the point even filler characters in the anime were shown more love and received more attention than Chad.
    It's a shame that he doesn't get as much attention as he should. Kubo seemed to be building up to quite an interesting plotline with Chad's powers and how they resemble Hollow powers, but he seems to have ignored it (for now at least). I just hope that with this new arc, he'll finally get some attention again.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I admit that I haven't been as invested in Naruto as I used to be. The current manga arc is good but....I dunno it lacks the intensity displayed in the Pain Invasion arc. That's probably no major events have gone down with the war yet...

on the other hand I'm enjoying One Piece a lot now, last time I was this into it was Water 7/Enies Lobby. I didn't really like the Thriller Bark but it wasn't terribly interesting, Sabody was good but too short and Impel Down/War arc wasn't paced that well. New arc is making me gush over everything though

Bleach....lol Bleach

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the reason why it was like that.

But the Rurouni Kenshin anime was kind of bad, when I started it, it was just so boring. The story never unfolded until the latter episodes in the 20s. And even then, we got a great story, fights etc. etc. only to get even more fillers till almost the end of the anime. Now, I did enjoy every episode, but the fillers were nothing compared to the original story and it took me forever to get into the anime because of the lousy start.

Bad anime was bad.

But at least the Tsuiokuhen OVA made up for everything.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have very mixed feelings about Yoshihiro Togashi. On the other hand I understand that he doesn't want to devote all his live to manga and do other things enjoy live with his family and all. But he has the status because support of fans, and how he seems to be just lazy with HxH is pissing me off. Sure other famous mangaka work slow too, but they atleast seems to raise or at least keep the quality of the series. I have a feeling, that Togashi could do better on both art and story, but just is lazy.

12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any thing to say concerning a specific series, and that's partially going to be the point of my following vent (?).

It bewilders me when readers view a work for free, and either don't like it or complain about it week after week. It's fine to be disappointed; however, when one feels negative emotions all the time, it's about time to drop it. None of us are obligated to read the series, and it's also disrespectful to the author; you read their work (for free) and then kick them in their faces afterwards.

Nothing personal to anyone in this thread though. It's just a pet peeve I have. Okay, I do have some things to say about specifically. My bad!

Naruto: The Land of Waves arc was perfect because it addressed the questionable ethics of being raised in a society of child soldiers. I hope it'll raise this point again because I felt lied to when the Chuunin Exams happened.

Engima: As much as I enjoy it, I do wonder how it'll fare in a few months time. It jumped right in to the plot, and character backstories were already being revealed. After the current ordeal is over, what will happen? I'm afraid it doesn't have much substance to be a long-running series. Of course, that perception can change.
    Last edited by Asarii; December 18, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

14. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Really man HxH will be remembered as The Greatest Waste in the history of manga...unless that mangaka redeems himself. Its like he simply doesn't want to finish an arc to avoid the trouble of thinking up the next. It had so much potential, still has, that it makes me want to cry just to think about this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

... is that Hakuoki in your sig, Asa?

my next rant:
    1.) Up till 2 weeks ago, khr in my opinion is very 'meh' but it is starting to get very interesting now. Actually, now i am looking forward to it more than everything else in the magazine.

2.) I got sick of some 'seriouz business' people who can't take a joke. Especially the feminist activist that are going around many boards only to complain and accuse 'how misogynistic this and that' is. Seriously? Nobody is interested in your speeches and we just want to have fun without you looking for faults everywhere.

3.) And i hate nazi mods. i know there is a need to keep the place clean and pleasant, but there is a difference between being an obsessive control freak and keeping the rules. A lot of them had gone out of control and that is the reason i only read MH's otaku cafe and one other board. I got sick of the rest of them.
    Last edited by R4n; December 19, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R4n View Post
    ... is that Hakuoki in your sig, Asa?
    Tee hee, yes!

Quote Quote:
    1.) Up till 2 weeks ago, khr in my opinion is very 'meh' but it is starting to get very interesting now. Actually, now i am looking forward to it more than everything else in the magazine.
    I'm glad to hear it! Yeah, the plot is really moving along now. Especially with that guy and that other guy. (Trying to be really vague in this thread, but I hope you get my drift!)

Quote Quote:
    2.) I got sick of some 'seriouz business' people who can't take a joke. Especially the feminist activist that are going around many boards only to complain and accuse 'how misogynistic this and that' is. Seriously? Nobody is interested in your speeches and we just want to have fun without you looking for faults everywhere.
    I totally agree. If I read a work that offended me (like I found it to have racist and homophobic undertones for example), I would stop reading at the drop of a hat. Not a manga, but I quit Twilight after Book 2 because I felt it was misogynist. When we read a work from a different national origin, we have to keep in mind that some social norms will be different. It's not worth it to go in a disproportionate rage that I see some hardcore feminists do.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

-Somehow I never got myself to like Tsuna (khr). I mean, i don't hate him but i don't love him either. It must be because his image running in boxers during daily life arc stucks in my head, that's why i can't take him seriously

-i honestly feel that the reason some anti fans bash things is mainly not because they dislike the stuffs... it is just because they purposely want to irk other people. It is just like many anti-OP bash OP not because they think it is suck, but only to troll people. *...sigh*
    I remember an incident where a person purposely post someone's else entire 'list of favourite manga' into the 'overrated manga' thread only to anger the person. how mature
    Last edited by R4n; December 20, 2010 at 04:31 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Ha ha. XD Tsuna is not my favourite character (as you can see my icon is my favourite!), but I do appreciate him. It's probably because he has no goals or aspirations that so many shonen protagonists have. It's quite refreshing.

What's funny is those people who say they dropped a manga since Ch. 2 or something, and yet they bash the series they basically haven't read. Some trolls can actually be funny, but most are just irritating.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest: In the beginning, it felt silly. Overdone, cliche, looking a little twilight-ish.
    Around Ch. 35, it turned into something great.
    What a twisted, mad scenario. Violence, torture, rape, sex-addicted and whatsnot characters. However, I enjoyed reading it, but in the end it required the protagonist to develope some human sense, empathy and uncertaincies to get me a liking to the story. I couldn't stand it when he was superior and arrogant for such a long time.

New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast