Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Manga-Anime Confessional Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    I don't know the reason why it was like that.

But the Rurouni Kenshin anime was kind of bad, when I started it, it was just so boring. The story never unfolded until the latter episodes in the 20s. And even then, we got a great story, fights etc. etc. only to get even more fillers till almost the end of the anime. Now, I did enjoy every episode, but the fillers were nothing compared to the original story and it took me forever to get into the anime because of the lousy start.

Bad anime was bad.

But at least the Tsuiokuhen OVA made up for everything.
    The fillers were indeed terrible. So bad the ratings fell so hard they had to cancel the anime and skip the entire Jinchuu arc which imo was the best arc alongside the Kyoto arc! But I didn't find the starting of RK boring/bad - I remember being quite sucked up into the RK world from the beginning. But my memory may be failing me, I watched RK when I was 7 - more than 10 years ago...

Tsuiokuhen was awesome And then Seisouhen messed everything up - even Watsuki-sensei himself was pissed at the anime staff for coming up with that and "disowned" Seisouhen

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Engima: As much as I enjoy it, I do wonder how it'll fare in a few months time. It jumped right in to the plot, and character backstories were already being revealed. After the current ordeal is over, what will happen? I'm afraid it doesn't have much substance to be a long-running series. Of course, that perception can change.
    I kind of agree with you... But I think it is still possible to continue after they get out of this ordeal. A bit like Liar Game where after they finish one round, there's another waiting for them that they didn't expect Besides, only one character backstory has been revealed, so there's still a lot more to come imo.

But maybe Koen will koen the series

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

New random stuffs:
    - There is a character named Damon Gant in Ace Attorney game. For one obvious reason i always misread it as Gantz... TT___TT

- I just saw someone's username:"FemaleGokudera". For some reason it make me laugh so hard. Pfff, rule 63 indeed. Honestly, i don't like genderbending much. Sometimes i find it interesting but for some reason it makes me cringe ^^;;;
    No offense to people who like it though... it's down to personal taste.

- Rurounin Kenshin is my favourite anime when i was a child! 8D
    Honestly i don't remember whether the fillers are crappy or not, i enjoyed all of the episodes equally. When i was young i like the TV series character design better than the OVA character design. But when i got older the opposites happen. Oh, i remember when i first read the manga, i was kinda disappointed because i was very used to the 'pretty' design the TV series had...
    Last edited by R4n; December 22, 2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: grammar

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I kind of agree with you... But I think it is still possible to continue after they get out of this ordeal. A bit like Liar Game where after they finish one round, there's another waiting for them that they didn't expect Besides, only one character backstory has been revealed, so there's still a lot more to come imo.

But maybe Koen will koen the series
    Hopefully! I'm pretty sure Sakaki-sensei will come up with something new after the ordeal. I do want to see what they're like without the pressure put on them right now. What are their interests? Who are they as a person without their powers? I want to find out!

Perhaps the koen'ing won't work this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by R4n View Post
    - I just saw someone's username:"FemaleGokudera". For some reason it make me laugh so hard. Pfff, rule 63 indeed. Honestly, i dislike genderbending. Sometimes i find it interesting but for some reason it always make me cringe ^^;;;
    No offense to people who like it though... it's down to personal taste.
    I agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of changing a character drastically even if it's just for fanwork. It's just so... strange.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of changing a character drastically even if it's just for fanwork. It's just so... strange.
    Actually I somewhat like characters close to the edge, tomboys or girlish guys
    Ok, eventually I'm always disappointed when it turns out that they're male in the end, so it seems it's only the tomboy type I like.
    Once again, Zaji as the perfect example: http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/s...others/1-1.png

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops! I should have specified that I don't like characters being significantly changed in fanworks.

I'm totally fine with characters like Zaji. (<3) Since they were created that way by the mangaka themselves.

I wish the artwork in shoujo could be more like Aogiri Natsu and Sorata Akizuki's style. The girls don't have bright eyes the size of dinner plates, and the pages aren't overdone with screentones. I was never a fan of Tanemura Arina's art. There I said it!

Perhaps this is the reason why I prefer retro shojo instead.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course you are fine with Zaji, you're a girl
    I misinterpreted you deliberately here to get back to that topic, sorry

Since it's the confessional thread:
    I tend to get hyped up about works I like way too much ^^
    It's just that I tend to see the author's intention and thus lose sight on the weaknesses of a work, by only focussing on the strong points of it after a while. It's the mindset that no work is "complete", but each one has it's focus points, so I rather value the strong points and lose sight on the others.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What i dislike about most of my favourite manga is the art.Naruto,D.Gray-man,Bakuman all had amazing art.Naruto had an awesome style back then and Kishimoto was improving with every volume.But in part 2 he started to get lazier and gives us some half-assed and stiff art.It could have so dazzling art it's not even funny.Kishimoto himself is such a great artist.Just look at that colorspread where he drew Naruto,Sakura and Sasuke in a realistic style.It was stunning to say the least.But he is so lazy.>__>
    As for D.Gray-Man,i guess the style is still alright,but the quality decreased.It used to have wonderful artwork,but now everyone is suddenly chubby and everything looks kinda weird.
    And Bakuman....do i have to say anything?Look at the first chapters and at Obata's earlier works and compare it to today's art.You'll know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    Since it's the confessional thread:
    I tend to get hyped up about works I like way too much ^^
    It's just that I tend to see the author's intention and thus lose sight on the weaknesses of a work, by only focussing on the strong points of it after a while. It's the mindset that no work is "complete", but each one has it's focus points, so I rather value the strong points and lose sight on the others.
    Haha,so you finally noticed
    It's true,after you finished reading a manga one can expect to see you posting in the favourite quote thread and making colorings of it.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Haha,so you finally noticed
    It's true,after you finished reading a manga one can expect to see you posting in the favourite quote thread and making colorings of it.
    I knew that from the start... well, when I read something I of course notice the great panels and quotes in it, so obviously I fill it in such threads as it makes sense

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Code Geass: It’s been a while and I don’t remember the specific details very well but Zero Requiem never seemed that epic a plan to me. The whole collective hatred thing felt a bit forced and overdone. Lelouch was hardly the catalyst for the concept of hatred in this world. Hatred is inherent to human beings, it existed long before he did and would continue to exist after he's dead. It’s made to seem as if Lelouch's death cleansed the world of hatred and rendered conflict purposeless, that’s just too idealistic for my liking. The world could have functioned just as well had he straightforwardly defeated Schneizel and commits to making it a better place instead of acting like a totalitarian ass for the sake of being a hero later on. Yes there are wounds to be mended and past deeds to haunt him, but no one is perfect, he should live to come to terms with them and mature as a leader. It felt as if the creator were trying too hard to force him into redeeming himself completely for all his previous flaw and faults so he could ultimately end up as some great being that sacrificed his life for the greater good. For me however the greater good was just not that good.

I understand they probably wanted to come up with something new in terms of how the protagonist could save the world instead of going with the more generic approach, but it didn’t quite work for me.
    Last edited by Bromamura; December 23, 2010 at 02:11 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that other than some parts in Part II of Naruto, the part itself is basically dull and just meh. So far, the war is horribly boring and losing what great potential it had, although the last two chapters (regarding Zabuza and Haku meeting up Kakashi anyway) were decent.

I also dislike the Part II drawing. It's just meh and typical; I miss the Part I drawing, everything felt original. Plus, flashback of Part I in Part II style is just... wrong. Sasuke looked way older in Karin's flashback. Orochimaru looked cooler in Part I and more menacing than he did in Part II, as well. Itachi... well, he is pretty mature so he should look mature, though Part I made him look no less mature. :|

I sometimes think that Oda changed his art style over the years to show the maturation of the characters. Nami back then looked pretty childish compared to Nami before the timeskip, same with Luffy.

I confess that I absolutely love Nami and Robin not just because they're hot, but because of their intelligence. Same goes for Amamiya Sakurako of Psyren! Plus, she's a fighter! HOOOOT!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

^ how can the part about not liking part 2 naruto is a confession, M3J? We all know that . Confession is all about letting your secret out, that you tried to keep in your very private closet...which in your case would've been admitting that you are actually in LOOOVE with naruto part2 !!

I admit that despite being naruto fan, i did not actually like oro much, ever. To me he always felt like the Disney villains...you take one look at them and you are like... "whoa, that's the bad guy, cause he looks like a bad guy and for nothing much else "

I do wonder that if anybody besides me think that post-Eclipse Berserk and particularly the new Gatts is actually better.
    Last edited by ashher; December 25, 2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, having been a Naruto mod and fanboying over Naruto, people would expect me to like Part II as well, but I really hate it. Most of it. As a Naruto fan, I'm supposed to at most dislike it, not hate it.

Orochimaru though is effed up. I don't think many villains would actually play with lives and do experiments just to become immortal or something. Not only did he use an evil technique to bring back dead souls, but he screwed with his mentor's mind by making him fight his two old mentors.

Part II Orochimaru sucks though. T_T Not enough of evilness and too much Sharingan obsession.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

About the war, did you seriously expect a GRAND battle like the Marine War in OP?? you should've known from the start that is NOT Kishi's style. And we've been like, what? 5-6 chapters into the war. Seriously, you're judging the war wayyy too early. Give Kishi about 20 chapters or so, then you can judge it however you see fit. Besides, Kishi in his "grandness" of the war did some impressive pages too:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/13991999/9

http://www.mangastream.com/read/naruto/58994877/13

Awesome SAI is EPIC.

Kishi IMO, is taking a unique approach in the war. He's not just making it like a grand battle, he's also implementing real war tactics and teamwork. Kishi's war, IMO is close to a modern world war. Oda's on the other hand is closer to Old wars centuries in the past. Oda had tactics in that war too, but not as intricate and detailed like Kishi's.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    About the war, did you seriously expect a GRAND battle like the Marine War in OP?? you should've known from the start that is NOT Kishi's style. And we've been like, what? 5-6 chapters into the war. Seriously, you're judging the war wayyy too early. Give Kishi about 20 chapters or so, then you can judge it however you see fit. Besides, Kishi in his "grandness" of the war did some impressive pages too:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/13991999/9

http://www.mangastream.com/read/naruto/58994877/13

Awesome SAI is EPIC.

Kishi IMO, is taking a unique approach in the war. He's not just making it like a grand battle, he's also implementing real war tactics and teamwork. Kishi's war, IMO is close to a modern world war. Oda's on the other hand is closer to Old wars centuries in the past. Oda had tactics in that war too, but not as intricate and detailed like Kishi's.
    I really doubt you can call Naruto a war though, it's more like a ninja raid with zombies, but whatever.

Sorry, but in the end I think its just people opinions. I really hate where Naruto is going now but that is my personal opinion, so uh, we can't compare stuffs like that.

Moderator message by: Asarii
    You're welcome to state your opinion, but never give a personal attack on an individual.
    Last edited by Asarii; December 29, 2010 at 04:45 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yaay confessions thread!

I still love Ubel Blatt even though I know its on indefinite hiatus and the mangaka has started publishing other works. When chapters were being released regularly it was like crack for my brain, seriously. As much as I try to predict what might happen, it does nothing to comfort me. T_T

Artwork has always been a non-issue for me when I'm reading manga, even though I know the visuals are super important. So D.Gray-man's constant change in art has not impacted me the way the storyline has. I love the style that Liar Game is drawn, even though many people complain about the mangaka's lack of finesse when he draws. xD

I think the biggest confession I have to make is that, I've really lost interest in anime. Somehow, unless its original, I can't stand the adaption decay from manga to anime.

New Reply
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast