Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

I cried when the last episode of the live action of Yamada and the Seven Witches drama finished airing because it meant no more live action Yamada x Miyamura scenes, the actors are so good and that was like the only reason I watched the live action.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Its funny though, because even amongst fans some will buy the magazine and some will not. So sometimes even if they buy the magazine, they might not have read the chapter yet because they have to physically go out and buy the magazine. And some of them are more internet savy so they'll spoil themselves with the scanlated versions...which is just so weird.
    The people on 2ch who hang out at spoiler threads are aware of the existence of Mangapanda.

Quote Quote:
    It is interesting! I really think English speaking fandoms are so conservative compared to the Japanese fandoms. If you like a crack pairing, among English-speaking circles it would be really difficult to find someone else who ships it. In a Japanese group, they may have a whole doujinshi full of stories based on it. I wonder what sets the precedents for these kind of things.
    I never knew that! I would have thought it would be the other way around where Japanese fans would be more conservative. Maybe it's because crack pairings are interpreted as something not to be taken seriously whereas Japanese fans embrace it like any other more "legitimate" ship.

---------- Post added November 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Recently I've been talking to a Japanese fan artist, and I realize just how much of a cheater I am. While they have to buy Shonen Jump every week and buy the tankobons, I read the scans for free every week and download the tankobon. I feel really guilty about how much advantage I have over Japanese readers.
    I'm quoting myself here to expand on this comment a little further: I know where Luffy is during the ONE PIECE newspaper event because of the WSJ thread over in Otaku Shoten; however, Japanese fans won't know until their evening which is still six hours away.

Not only do I read manga chapters ahead of them, I even know news earlier too. It's a weird feeling. If I ever decide to live in Japan one day, I'll try to avoid reading scanlations before the real release date is out.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I haven't read the arc about Sabo, Ace and Luffy in One Piece. I began to read OP when the manga was in that arc, and I caught up right after the arc and when the strawhats were about to reunited again; and I was that impressed with Ace's dead, that I decided to jump over the long flashback and try to find the moment they were together again... Now that Sabo is back, I'll read it. I guess that the reason why Sabo says Luffy he can't have the flame fruit can be understood if you know their story.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would anyone ever go over a OP flashback though, those are nearly the best parts of the arcs.
    Firm but Fair

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why would anyone ever go over a OP flashback though, those are nearly the best parts of the arcs.
    Some people really don't like flashbacks. You frequently post in the OP forum, I don't need to tell you how many fans complain during flashback arcs. Not just here, the same thing happens at every forum. I don't get it either, flashbacks are critical. They are always such important plot movers. Some of the best stories have been flashbacks. Luffy, Ace, and Sabo was an especially good one. Robin's flashback, and Franky's, were also particularly good. Zoro flashbacks are one of my most anticipated arcs.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I follow Kaitani Shinobu on twitter, and I still can't figure out when Liar Game is coming back from hiatus. Seeing the bunko editions for volumes 1 & 2 made me realize how much I miss that series. I mean, I know he's working on his other detective series, but at least give some kind of update!

And speaking of Liar Game, even after all this time it still bugs me how new readers will hate on the female lead. Nao being so naive is one of the reasons why the manga has such a strong hook. The whole premise hinges on whether or not Nao will be able to adapt to the rules of the game. I think some readers mistake the author for favoring her attitude in earlier chapters, like as if being that innocent and honest is a good thing. Its not, she is completely dependent on Akiyama at the beginning and she learns to become self-reliant after that.

What's even more annoying is when said Nao haters feel the need to criticize her, but not question whether or not the premise is sexist by association. Especially since Nao is pretty much the only reoccuring female character for the first 50 or so chapters. Maybe its just me but I can't hate a character without at least trying to understand what the author meant to convey with them.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I had completed Angel Densetsu manga by Norihiro Yagi (Claymore's Author)and absolutely loved it.
    I recommed it anyone wanting a short read and theres a 2 episode ova out as well.

New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18