Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2004

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    I was just saying there are a lot of people who do. And I'm not one of them, that's all.
    I thought that's what Naomi said as well and it sounded like you were correcting here,but that was just a misunderstanding on my part I guess.Doesn't matter.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was common sense that if we try to apply science on the bible sayings and on religion foundations will FAIL and get mindfucked XD

It's quite interesting for me to check who are the believers and the non-believers among my friends^^ I dunno, I just get surprised quite often XD and learning something new about someone is kinda important to me^^ so I love those debates.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    I thought it was common sense that if we try to apply science on the bible sayings and on religion foundations will FAIL and get mindfucked XD

It's quite interesting for me to check who are the believers and the non-believers among my friends^^ I dunno, I just get surprised quite often XD and learning something new about someone is kinda important to me^^ so I love those debates.
    ^And confess, you didn't, yet. Trick me, you can't.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I believe in God, but I don't follow any religion nowadays. I was raised as a catholic though and I cherish some of their beliefs *avoid the eggs D:*
    Imo, believing is something very personal and I kinda have my own image of God. I think it's Blai's case as well.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am the same: I believe in god but do not actively practice religion. I also think faith is something private, between the individual and whatever higher power they believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Science's goal isn't to prove or not prove it god's existence. It's about how you interpret these facts. You can interpret darwin's theory as an explanation that god does not exist, or as an explanation that darwin drank to much low-quality alcohol and used to write down his thoughts when he was drunk. It's all about intepretation.
    Generally science is backed by empirical evidence, observation, mathematics, and practical application. Observations, evidence, and application must be repeatable, and not just by the initial theorist. Science professionals general do not talk in terms of proven facts. Scientist report based on the "sigma scale" a statistical representation of possible margin of error. The higher the sigma score the lower the margin of error. A score of five means that results are only based on a statistical fluke one in a million times. Scientific findings require a five sigma score to be treated as a scientific certainty. Furthermore, no scientific observation can be treated as 100% certain. There will always be a degree of uncertainty. Science is never open to interpretation. If observations are open to interpretation it simply means more study is needed. Modern DNA sequencing and genomics have provided Evolution Theory with a high sigma model. Observable evidence shows to a high degree of certainty that genetic traits are passed down and that similar species share a large number of genes. Because traits are passed down from parent to children it can be stated with a high degree of certainty that desirable traits and mutations will be preserved, if they increase the chances of individuals bearing those traits to survive long enough to breed. Science is not reading manga, interpretation has nothing to do with the process. Science is a purely empirical field, there is no room for the rationalists understanding by pure thought. "I think therefore I am" has no place in science.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 24, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Screw the bible, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. If I recall, it was said that the bible was used mostly as a moral reference. There's nothing wrong with thinking "hey, god created the universe and the primitive animals on Earth while evolution made it into what it is today!"

I confess I actually think no living thing, especially men, are meant to find out how life happened or anything. I believe we're meant to live our lives the way we should: survive and reproduce to make sure our species survive.

I confess I believe in God, but I don't follow any religion nowadays. I was raised as a catholic though and I cherish some of their beliefs *avoid the eggs D:*
    Imo, believing is something very personal and I kinda have my own image of God. I think it's Blai's case as well.
    Avoid the eggs?

VIRGIN!

Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    VIRGIN!
    I got enough of 'Virgin Mary' jokes when I was on high school, thank you very much '-'
    It's been some years that I failed at following mom's expectations, though XD

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I'm still curious about what you said the other time T.T
    The ashamed thing? You really want to rub it on my face don't you?

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I feel the same way Naomi does.I just don't need someone above me,watching my every step.It's not like I miss it either.When I have trouble I need to help myself.I don't want to rely on an imaginary person.
    Which is why I believe in God but not in a God. The "God" that has been personified in almost all known religions since 2500 BCE is utterly bullshit. There's a difference between feeling that you're never alone, that someone is caring for you, watching over you and the feeling that a "person" sitting on a could will help you.

What religion has done over the last five thousand years is trying to monopolize what we at that, and this time, can't understand and not fully grasp and incorporate it in a system that makes us inferior to them in order to control, socially manipulate and satisfy us. We've seen it in the Athenian legal system 5th century BCE, Crusades 10th century AD and the Israeli situation ever since Zionists came. All believing people seek something, in the end probably the same thing, yet religion gives different definitions and for you to embrace a definition you must embrace the hierarchy, structure and legal system within that definition, which is absolutely bullshit.

Religion is utterly piss whereas believing in one form of diety, summum bonum or some other phenomenological definition of "allfather/life/existence/whatever" is more than understandable. That's why I respect believers but shun religious people.

Personally I very much like what Michel Henry says in his book "I Am the Truth. Toward a Philosophy of Christianity"
    Spoiler show

and
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by blai; April 24, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

15. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I am the same: I believe in god but do not actively practice religion. I also think faith is something private, between the individual and whatever higher power they believe in.
    For the modern world there is no other way I think, sort of the approach that was done by danish philosopher Kierkegaard. Though I personally like some of my faith a lot, I tend to take a more personal, individual approach to God as well.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I confess I actually think no living thing, especially men, are meant to find out how life happened or anything. I believe we're meant to live our lives the way we should: survive and reproduce to make sure our species survive.
    Reproduction is the greatest gift to the human species indeed. It is what keeps HUMANITY going. As it would come down to family being the most important thing, as always.

Also, I confess that making up my mind on what to study in collage is really taking a toll on my mind.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I 'llk address said topic when I'm less DRANK and in better state of mind fffffffff

THis thread is ad for my helath, among some others ARFFFFFFFFFFFFF

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I'm still reeling from feeling played by a certain asshole I've dealt with over the last year. This is it with this guy. I won't deal with such an emotionally disturbed individual. I'm not going to let him destroy me or my friends.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

20. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I confess I'm still reeling from feeling played by a certain asshole I've dealt with over the last year. This is it with this guy. I won't deal with such an emotionally disturbed individual. I'm not going to let him destroy me or my friends.
    The guy who was friendly then distant for no apparent reason ?

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Also, I confess that making up my mind on what to study in collage is really taking a toll on my mind.
    I confess I think Int. Relations / History / Politics or any other Social Science subject would fit you best. You can always study international relations and then take a year in Växjö, Sweden, studying peace and development
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, did you drunk text me last night?

I confess I didn't reply because I was a wee bit high and WAY too into my Bridesmaids movie. AND THEN RETURN OF THE KING

I also really enjoyed reading the discussion, you guys.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Fucking.

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast