Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Feels Like a Different Manga

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Feels Like a Different Manga

Have you noticed that since the Aizen arc ended and the new arc started, it feels like a completely different manga.
    The story of Ichigo, a highschool kid with a part time job, who while walking one day sees a man chasing after a robber and decides to stop the robber and return his stolen goods, the man who he helps then shows up at his work telling him that his father might not be who he thinks he is and asks him how much he truly knows about him. Meenwhile his sister with spiritual powers seeks help with a candystore owner with a connection to Ichigo's father.

I kinda like this, its got a lighter feel to it and this could have well been a good setup for a one shot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Feels like a different Manga

Quote Originally Posted by RoloLamperouge View Post
    Have you noticed that since the Aizen arc ended and the new arc started, it feels like a completely different manga.
    The story of Ichigo, a highschool kid with a part time job, who while walking one day sees a man chasing after a robber and decides to stop the robber and return his stolen goods, the man who he helps then shows up at his work telling him that his father might not be who he thinks he is and asks him how much he truly knows about him. Meenwhile his sister with spiritual powers seeks help with a candystore owner with a connection to Ichigo's father.

I kinda like this, its got a lighter feel to it and this could have well been a good setup for a one shot.
    two words.
    "Early bleach"
    (sans a shinigami which was rukia)

basically it feels like early bleach at first, but now the plot is picking up more. early bleach, as in pre-ss arc, was what i consider before rukia got kidnapped was like 40+ chapters, but by 40 chapters into this arc the action would have picked up alot IMO. though don't forget early bleach had the most character dev imo. SS arc was basically to dev the SS people. the vaizards couldn't even get developed in current timeline so they had to have a tbtp mini-arc to develop them then they just get owned by aizen so hopefully we see from them again.
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same. In my opinion it could have ended right after capturing Aizen, and to make it better explaining everything about ichigo's family

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the new chapters, and hope they keep up with the good stories of old bleach (but i wouldn't mind them picking up the pace a bit). One thing i do notice different then old bleach is it's not as comical. I just finished reading the first arc out of boredom and there were always jokes going on with Ichigo and Rukia. It makes sense right now because they are building an aura of mystery and suspense, while the old bleach was just doing character development.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1035AMC View Post
    I feel the same. In my opinion it could have ended right after capturing Aizen, and to make it better explaining everything about ichigo's family
    Well the explaining of his family seems to be a major focus of this arc. The new mystery man Ginjou. He has made it apparent that this arc is going to focus on Ichigo's family. As well there is no mystery surrounding Karin's actions with Urahara. Even though this arc has a more "normal life" feel it it, it is going to be anything but normal and we are quickly getting back into the mystery of the Kurosaki family. Its just a matter of the setting being different from what we have seen and the circumstances of the characters being something we haven't experienced since the beginning of the manga. For me its not a different manga but just a short change of pace.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulash05 View Post
    I like the new chapters, and hope they keep up with the good stories of old bleach (but i wouldn't mind them picking up the pace a bit). One thing i do notice different then old bleach is it's not as comical. I just finished reading the first arc out of boredom and there were always jokes going on with Ichigo and Rukia. It makes sense right now because they are building an aura of mystery and suspense, while the old bleach was just doing character development.
    I am guessing that bit of humor is gone because rukia has yet to appear lol. Anyways, I don't think humor will play that big of a part for a while. Ichigo should get his powers back fairly soon if he is to take a part in what is to come and by the time that happens there won't be much time for rukia's awkwardness and humor. I guess it does kinda depend on where exactly kubo goes with the story.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    Yes, I agree. Ichigo should get his powers rather soon, cause it was the most important thing about his development during the manga. He always does everything extremly fast. So we'll see him regaining his powers rather soon, cause Karin seems to not have shinigami powers as for now and her reiatsu surely isn't on Ichigo's level even when he was in the begining of the manga, so he will surely need to regain his powers.

Also about Bleach for now... I don't think it's a different manga. Sure Kubo changed the pace and went from constant fighting to the slice of life, but now he is building the tension and mystery at least for one arc and maybe even for the bigger perioud of time. Surely will get the information on Isshin and Ichigo's family. Also we may get a bit more information on Urahara.
    Though it won't be bad to speed up the pace.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo disappoints me to no end, Bleach is almost too heartbreaking to read but I have to see where he is going with this.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Straw Hat. Kishimoto's work is highly disappointing. But I must admit that when compared to the last 200 chapters which were gutter trash, I'm actually digging this new arc. Bleach has left a bad taste in my mouth for the passed year, you might say it lived up to its namesake. I'd like to think of this new arc as a fresh start for Kubo. Not so much as a re-invention or restart of Bleach, but a new beginning. Of course, this could just be another screw-up atop Kubo's list of many.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm enjoying the new arc. It's moving a bit slow for my taste but at least it's not fight to fight to fight to fight tournament shonen. There are upcoming developments I care about: Karin's role, Ichigo's powers, Kurosaki family history, Ginjou's remarks about Urahara, who he and his friends are, and who they work for. Lot's of good stuff coming up, known of which hinge around who's bankai is the biggest.

@Revolation: Dead on. The new arc reminds me of the Substitute arc which gives me a lot of hope for the future.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the new arc, reminds of when Bleach started. What is more exciting is, we will get answers of to many questions - Isshin's story, info about Kurosaki family, SS King, etc. Overall, I have a positive feel to it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well kubo is definitly giving this new arc a a sightly different style to help encompas the mood. hes drawing every one a bit more 'model-y' and i think hes enjoying drawing all these real world outfits now that he doesnt have to worry about shinigami and arrancar clothes for a while.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so much like Beelzebub now! =o
    But, at the moment, it's way more interesting than the Aizen arc! XD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think this will be an interesting/exciting arc from beginning to end. I already like how down to earth it is compared to the the aizen arc! I liked the constant fighting in the last arc for a while, then it got boring, until the very end when Ichigo was showing his new powers after the training.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely interesting and exciting so far. For the first time in a long time I feel a lot of suspense each week. I want to know what happens next, I want answers to all of the questions Kubo is raising.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast