Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Toshiro Hitsugaya

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaraki Kenpachi vs Toshiro Hitsugaya

Nice find.

Apparently I know a lot less about Hitsu than I thought I did. Even with those attacks though, his overall style seems to be very close range oriented (in my mind). If we assume he goes all long range, I don't see a lot of opportunities to actually kill Zaraki, but at the very least he has the advantage.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Fair enough.

Okay just curious:

I was caught in another forum with a similar thread except:

Its in SS - S.Hill, and Kenpachi is grounded while Hitsugaya can fly in the air. No restrictions on either.

You dont have to be a die hard Hitsugaya fan to swallow that the battle is in Hitsugaya's favor right?

Is it not common sense enough, that people would so doggedly defend how Kenapchi should/will crush Hitsugaya despite with the rules that Kenny stays on the ground while Hitsu can fly in the air?

IDK...do you have to be a Kenpachi fan or a serious Hitsu-hater to think that way? Or do people from a neutral stance think thats still a high possibility?

Thats one of the reasons why I chose a neutral locaton for this forums' battle so each side can a decent shot.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even really like Kenpachi, but considering he was able to jump and hit Yammy in the face, I don't think it's impossible for Kenpachi to reach Hitsugaya, he'd just be at a disadvantage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, in HM they're able to float, why the flying hell did Kenpachi have to jump onto Yammi's arm just to get up to his face? Does he even know the stand on air trick?

Then again, why did Yammi fall after hit by Ishida's bomb, and we know he at least can stand on air... LOLKUBO... >>

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's rather difficult to say. Kenpachi is one of the most broken characters in the whole Bleach. He didn't have that much trouble in dealing with Tousen and Komamura at the same time, he dealt with Noitora and at the end he fought with Yammy in his first release. Then in the second release, but with Buyakuya. Also Hitsugaya didn't show anything to kill Haribelll exept his super freezing tecnique, but in the end it was cancelled by Wondy and she was only Tercera.
    In any scenarios for now I'd go with Kenpachi. Hitsu for now is too immature. Maybe in ten or twenty years he can beat Kenpachi, cause he will master his abilities better and grow fisically and mentally.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Wait, in HM they're able to float, why the flying hell did Kenpachi have to jump onto Yammi's arm just to get up to his face? Does he even know the stand on air trick?

Then again, why did Yammi fall after hit by Ishida's bomb, and we know he at least can stand on air... LOLKUBO... >>
    Can they stand on air in SS or HM?

To the best of my knowledge, the guys who have wings and Ichigo in bankai can fly.

I think Hitsugaya's only chance to defeat Kenpachi is HH. If HH works on Kenpachi (it probably does), Hitsugaya wins, otherwise he loses. IMO Kenpachi can handle Hitsugaya's other techniques, he has great endurance.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I don't even really like Kenpachi, but considering he was able to jump and hit Yammy in the face, I don't think it's impossible for Kenpachi to reach Hitsugaya, he'd just be at a disadvantage.
    Yeah...but I would say its still pretty difficult.

If Harribel with La Gota and flying ability couldnt hit Hitsugaya once, and for Kenpachi to be jumping and slashing to be able to tag Hitsugaya is a bit of a stretch.

Particularly if you compare that Yammy's large, predominantly stationary head is nowhere near as fast as Hitsugaya when he wants to be:
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...1-page-16.html

It took Harribel the ability to fly, rush at him in the air, and fire a cero to just clip a wing. Kenpachi is not as capable as even that in reaching Hitsugaya (with grounded scenario) imo. Actually, Im not sure what Kenpachi could really do at all in that scenario...

Quote Quote:
    Can they stand on air in SS or HM?

to the best of my knowledge, the guys who have wings and Ichigo in bankai can fly.
    They cant spirit/air walk in SS. In the anime they have only shown Vizard Ichigo and Bankai Hitsugaya to fly in SS. Unohana in the manga can fly in SS due to her shikai but thats all so far.

Only in the Real World/FKT and HM have shinigami shown to be able to fly off the ground freely.

BUT I have never seen Kenpachi do that in HM or maybe even the anime, which leaves me suspect that he may not have even bothered to learn to build reiatsu under his feet to lift him off any ground.
    Last edited by Broken_Wing; November 29, 2010 at 07:45 AM.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    Only in the Real World/FKT and HM have shinigami shown to be able to fly off the ground freely.
    I thought HM was similar to SS in that regard, can you point me to a manga page in which a shinigami/hollow was shown to fly freely in HM? TIA.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going tı answer very simply.

Do you know swinging a sword with 2 hands actually make the swing stronger?

'nuff said.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Two-handed kendo!

One precise hit, and Hitsugaya is done for.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    I thought HM was similar to SS in that regard, can you point me to a manga page in which a shinigami/hollow was shown to fly freely in HM? TIA.
    Careful asking for this, people will tell you ichigo and grimmjow were fighting on air, so be prepared to argue that. Imo it was super jumping and falling with style. Never did anyone stand on air in HM or SS the same way they did in the human world.

Back on topic, the ice would be difficult for kenpachi. But hitsu doesn't take deep cuts very well(he only has a kid body after all) and thats kens style so nobody dominates this fight. For now ill say kenpachi.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    I am going tı answer very simply.

Do you know swinging a sword with 2 hands actually make the swing stronger?

'nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truu View Post
    Two-handed kendo!

One precise hit, and Hitsugaya is done for.
    Im at a loss as to why Hitsu would ever be in the range of his "kendo" but whatever...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    Im at a loss as to why Hitsu would ever be in the range of his "kendo" but whatever...
    I'm sure it's possible, how high up can Hitsugaya fly? From what I can tell, Zaraki, and Shinigami in general can jump REALLY high. Generally we see them skidding on air, I thought there was a way to keep your footing no matter where you are. From what I can remember, most fights are in the air, so there must be something.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Careful asking for this, people will tell you ichigo and grimmjow were fighting on air, so be prepared to argue that. Imo it was super jumping and falling with style. Never did anyone stand on air in HM or SS the same way they did in the human world.
    I agree with you, I don't think Grimmjow could stand on the air, he hung in the air for brief time periods but he always ended up on the ground.

Anyway, I don't think Kenpachi's kendo is the fail-safe solution to defeat Hitsugaya. First of all, Hitsugaya must be out of his mind to charge at Kenpachi like Nnoitra, he'll most likely try to keep his distance because he's severely outclassed in close combat. Kendo is useful against opponents who can resist one-handed strikes but Hitsugaya isn't one of those opponents. If Kenpachi lands a hit on Hitsugaya (kendo or not), it will be game over but Hitsugaya can play his clone and HH cards before Kenpachi finds the chance to finish him. If Kenpachi's reiatsu is strong enough to withstand the cold of hundred flower funeral technique, Hitsugaya had better start praying.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    I agree with you, I don't think Grimmjow could stand on the air, he hung in the air for brief time periods but he always ended up on the ground.
    Grimmjow had some pretty long hang time for just a really high jump...

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v32/c284/21.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v32/c285/6.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v32/c285/18.html

Quote Quote:
    If Kenpachi's reiatsu is strong enough to withstand the cold of hundred flower funeral technique, Hitsugaya had better start praying.
    I highly doubt that. Considering Harribel who has greater reaitsu than Ulqiorra R1 at least was at minimum, incapacitated for a decent amount of time...meant she was wide open for whatever attack Hitsugaya would chose to follow up with.

He wasnt exhausted in the least, after that attack and could have gone in and stabbed her with a Ryusken in say the face (for those who believe Harribel wasnt officially defeated once hit by HH). Double the power of that HH and he would hold Kenpachi still - long enough a stab in the eye at least.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast