Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unmastered Bankais...?

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Unmastered Bankais...?

Okay just considering:

Byakuya said to Renji, that even the gifted Shinigami needed 10 years of special training to "master" their bankai for use in "battle."

We know that the following are unmastered:
    Renji
    Ikkaku
    Hitsugaya

Is Soifon's bankai considered "mastered" by Byakuya's standards?

Also: just a side thought but would Mayrui's and Koma's be considered "mastered" or do people think they can somehow improver their bankais as well....?
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unmastered Bankais...?

I found it interesting that Mayuri's bankai was a caterpillar and the manifestation of it was a butterfly. Maybe his bankai can have a butterfly stage, who knows.

KTM seems like it's mastered. I don't really see how you can improve it.

I don't think Soifon's bankai is mastered yet. She doesn't use it very often which means she most likely doesn't train with it as much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omiem View Post
    I found it interesting that Mayuri's bankai was a caterpillar and the manifestation of it was a butterfly. Maybe his bankai can have a butterfly stage, who knows.

KTM seems like it's mastered. I don't really see how you can improve it.

I don't think Soifon's bankai is mastered yet. She doesn't use it very often which means she most likely doesn't train with it as much.
    not correct. mayuri his zanpaktou manisfestation in the filler arc was a butterfly but renji's zanpaktou was a female and a little boy instead of a monkey and a snake.
    all zanpaktou manisfestations are incorrect during the filler arc because it were images of how they wanted to look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    not correct. mayuri his zanpaktou manisfestation in the filler arc was a butterfly but renji's zanpaktou was a female and a little boy instead of a monkey and a snake.
    all zanpaktou manisfestations are incorrect during the filler arc because it were images of how they wanted to look.
    Actually, Tite Kubo involved himself in the creative thinking of the Zanpakutō Unknown Tales arc, particularly when it came to the appearance of the Zanpakutō Spirits themselves. <-- This is stated in Bleach wiki (trivia section), but besides that, I'm pretty sure I had read somewhere, and there was an interview with Kubo where he said this himself. I tried to search for the interview, but couldn't find it, sorry.

As for Zabimaru in that Zanpakutō anime arc- The woman is the monkey, and the little boy is the snake. The reason why they're all looking like that is because they were manifested in their humanoid forms.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe all the younger captains will have, show room for improvement concerning their bankai. Probably part of the whole reason we haven't seen the senior captains as well as the ex- captains show bankai because of the plot didn't really need it. We can expect to see characters like the seniors and Urahara to have full mastery over there bankai, Hell it might even be maxed out for some of them ability wise. Who I think can show major improvement with there bankais.?

Hitsugaya- It's pretty much a giving at this point, we have already seen him in a cave training. Probably trying to get a better grasp of his abilities and more battle hardened mind set wise. Hisage proves this as well he is the youngest captain.

Byakuya- Yet another young captain who can show more potential with his bankai. He is as calm as it gets but, his bankai seems to lack the destructive capabilites it should have. His bankai is insanely underrated though. By a lot of people.

Soifon- She can have some improvement too. Like a double shot or something. But she seems like shes even more experienced with her bankai then Byakuya.

Renji
    Ikkaku
    Komamura

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Soifon more expereinced in bankai than Byakuya...how do you figure?
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess there can be room for improvement for soifon. She can use her bankai once every 3 days (she did use her bankai again by overexerting herself though) so perhaps she should be able to train to use it more freely.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsu is the obvious one.

Soi Fon is another one because she doesn't use her bankai. In fact, the last time she used it she even said that normally she can only fire it once, and she just went and did it twice. If she can improve her bankai in half a dozen chapters, she could probably make it better with some further practice. Maybe fire two shots in close succession or something?

With regards to Mayuri... I really doubt that he hasn't mastered his sword. He has probably mastered it, added some new techniques, mastered those, and then mastered some of his subordinates zanpaktos for the fun of it. He is too old and clever not to have his final bankai.

Byakuya/Gin/Tousen are all at the top of their game so no questions there.

Koma is an interesting one. His bankai is like Ikkaku's. Completely devoid of technques. I have no idea how either of them could improve beyond more reatsu/better control/more speed. It is not like Renji, who could potentially create another beam attack or something.

I would like it if Koma had a "final form". Perhaps the giant shrinks and instead, he wears armour to look exactly like the giant. Considering his bankai's weakness, it would make it a whole lot better if all of that power remained, but in a smaller, harder to hit form.
    Last edited by poobert; December 01, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I guess there can be room for improvement for soifon. She can use her bankai once every 3 days (she did use her bankai again by overexerting herself though) so perhaps she should be able to train to use it more freely.
    This is certainly true, but another reason she probably doesn't use it often is because she dislikes it so much. It's completely useless in stealth/assasination, which is her specialty. I assume she has little interest in training to master this type of bankai.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    This is certainly true, but another reason she probably doesn't use it often is because she dislikes it so much. It's completely useless in stealth/assasination, which is her specialty. I assume she has little interest in training to master this type of bankai.
    another problem with Soifon her bankai is that her bankai is very heavy to wield (hence she compensates for this with placing additional weight on her own body). Fact remains that soi fon is small and light where she can use her shikai to her fullest but for her bankai she needs to be something like Isane (or Nemu).
    Like you said already stealth/assasination is her speciality and she mastered speed/mobility and hakudo and lacks reiatsu and intelligence, if she would increase her amount of reiatsu she is likely to be able to fire more "missiles" in her bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

ichigo ... i dun think stronger Gt and faster movement that can be matched by good sonido is the only thing Tz can do when we see the others zan revealing all new stages and slightly diff power.......i kind a think mugetsu is a diff form altogether its hollow+shinigami....the only bankai moves he showed was speed that was completely matched by high espadas...so aint that special...and GT...thats his basic move... i would like to think that thre are more to zangetsu then that

other than him definitely ikkakus... its tacited that he didnt master his bankai...

i think komas one will shrink and augment on his body as an armor...so he will have the mammoth strength+ the mobility that he himself has.... having to control a puppet is tough you are not protected from all the sides and controlling takes a lot of conc on the subject of control i suppose .... so that might be his final stage...

soifong her bankai is not apt for her kind...it severely slows her down....+ its just a laser beam.....nothing more...it has very low specialty i suppose there are more to it ...

nd definitely hitsu for obvious reasons that if mentioned will be too plangent in this sec

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i think hitsuguya uses his bankai wrongly , since ryuujin jakka is the strongest fire type zanpaktou and has the greatest attack power of all Zanpakutō maybe hyorinmaru is a defensive type zanpaktou ? and has the potential to have the greatest defense of all zanpaktou ?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    i think hitsuguya uses his bankai wrongly , since ryuujin jakka is the strongest fire type zanpaktou and has the greatest attack power of all Zanpakutō maybe hyorinmaru is a defensive type zanpaktou ? and has the potential to have the greatest defense of all zanpaktou ?
    Hitsugaya has far to many offensive abilities for it to be a defensive zanpaktou, also I believe you misintrepeted the words about the captain commander. It is true that the captain commander has the strongest fire type zanpaktou and also the greatest attack power but only the first applies to him until he dies. The greatest attack power does apply to him currently only because he is the strongest shinigami in SS. Hitsugaya posseses the strongest ice type zanpaktou which is directly opposite of yamamato but it has the potential to become even stronger then ryuunjakka (judging how strong histugaya already is at his age and how strong his zanpaktou is even unmastered)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    As for Zabimaru in that Zanpakutō anime arc- The woman is the monkey, and the little boy is the snake. The reason why they're all looking like that is because they were manifested in their humanoid forms.
    Actually, there is a part in the first Databook where Renji's Zan is broken and Mayuri says he can fix it (he has a catalog lol). They also see that you can change the gender, it only shows her tits, but it looks like the same one portrayed in the anime (greenish fur and such)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    Hitsugaya has far to many offensive abilities for it to be a defensive zanpaktou, also I believe you misintrepeted the words about the captain commander. It is true that the captain commander has the strongest fire type zanpaktou and also the greatest attack power but only the first applies to him until he dies. The greatest attack power does apply to him currently only because he is the strongest shinigami in SS. Hitsugaya posseses the strongest ice type zanpaktou which is directly opposite of yamamato but it has the potential to become even stronger then ryuunjakka (judging how strong histugaya already is at his age and how strong his zanpaktou is even unmastered)
    I doubt he'll ever be stronger than Yamamoto the way he is now...He might be a genius but Yamas a monster even without ryujinjakka...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast