Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85
Results 1,261 to 1,265 of 1265

Thread: The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! )

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! )

I found out about a magical place today while at Starbucks from the hot Starbucks chick. It's called Camp 9 & 3/4. There are book discussions, Harry Potter-themed food, book discussions, Wizard Rock concerts, and everyone there fucking loves Harry Potter.

I would have gone. Hands down. But it's $350. Jesus. I might as well to Harry Potter World again for that much! But it sounded oh so good. Too bad. ;-;

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ever taken a look at pottermore? I did once but I did not enjoy the experience so every once in a while I just look online if there is any new info released. I found the bit about tonks and lupin interesting, good backstories for them. I got curious about lychantropy though. I wonder what the origin of the curse was... I found it particularly strange that there is a werewolve pack in the forbidden forest that is supposed to be friendly and beautiful and whatnot (dumbledore let them stay there). How did the vicious creatures seen in the book produce that?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the site full of fan fiction? If it's from Rowling herself, then I'm interested in their backstories too. Would be great to read about Sirius and James' time at Hogwarts, given they were the precursor to the Weasley twins. The twins are probably my favorite characters, along with Sirius.

What the? How is that possible? Maybe those werewolves were able to retain their human thoughts?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Is the site full of fan fiction? If it's from Rowling herself, then I'm interested in their backstories too. Would be great to read about Sirius and James' time at Hogwarts, given they were the precursor to the Weasley twins. The twins are probably my favorite characters, along with Sirius.

What the? How is that possible? Maybe those werewolves were able to retain their human thoughts?
    Yeah, it is made directly by jk rowling with support from sony or something. Its all completely cannon. Mcgonagal's story is cool too.

Its a bit more disturbing than that (should have elaborated on that earlier). The werewolves at the forest are not quite like lupin. Rather picture a werewolf during the fool running into a fellow werewolf of the opposite gender and getting it on. The cubs born from that are what inhabits the forest. But from what I gather they do not turn into people at any point, rather they look like wolves. And are pretty intelligent. Which is what got me thinking about the origin of the curse... It is a curse that results in an entirely new magical creature. Kinda seems like more than a curse it is a magical reproductive form to preserve that particular specie.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

https://www.pottermore.com/en
    http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Pottermore
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pottermore

seems legit enough

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I don't understand, but interesting.

I'm watching the fifth movie now, and it's absolute shit. -_-

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85