Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Will Ichigo's friends be written out already?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Ichigo's friends be written out already?

SPOILER. In the latest chapter Ichigo quincy friend gave chase to a mysteries man and is caught off guard and gets his arm severed off. While i'm sure he will be healed and seen in at least one more fight, but will they get removed from the story like always. For example, both Chad and the Quincy always had one fight against a minor one time character, defeats them and then very soon taken out by a stronger more important character, and then never return to add anything of value too the continuing story.
    Do you believe this will happen again?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Ichigo friends be written out already?

I don't think they will be written off this easily this time. Ishida and chad both showed significant power back in HM and that is power which got developed over the course of 3 or 6 months. 2 years have passed, both of them are bound to be quite stronger nowadays. The last page of the chapter did say that Uryu's opening was taken advantage of and we know he was surprised about the guys speed to begin with so perhaps in a more serious fight he would not be taken out so easily.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm i don't know, losing an arm this early in the arc doesn't give me much hope (which is a real shame because not only do i like the bow fights, but i enjoy how he makes up in his lack of strength with his knowledge and was excited at the idea that he might get a fight so early in the arc).
    It could also be possible that this chapter has a lot less big brawling fights, and more punctual story based fights that are shorter and less frequent to character development. Less blowing up a fake town, more small focus fights like originally against hollows

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulash05 View Post
    SPOILER. In the latest chapter Ichigo quincy friend gave chase to a mysteries man and is caught off guard and gets his arm severed off. While i'm sure he will be healed and seen in at least one more fight, but will they get removed from the story like always. For example, both Chad and the Quincy always had one fight against a minor one time character, defeats them and then very soon taken out by a stronger more important character, and then never return to add anything of value too the continuing story.
    Do you believe this will happen again?
    From spoilers I have seen about the plot progression Kubo is intending to let other characters shine for a moment, so I don't think Chad or Ishida will become that irrelavent again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Grekaosangel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be noted that Ishida's arm has not been severed. Just really badly damaged if not blown shoulder.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No way are they being the written out. I'm certain that the nakama will be the central fighters in this arc. Maybe issin and the urahara shop gang to, I would even go as far to say the vizards could make a surprise visit. I'm pretty sure no gotei 13 this time around, kubo might save their big time skip reveal for the next BIG arc.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad will definitely be involved. Only main character who has not appeared since the new arc began. He has a grand entrance waiting for him. I assume Ishida will be healed and ready to fight once the arc really gets going.

New Reply