Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jjpower's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rock Lee Springtime of YOuth Pt 3

man I can't see why you guys like it :/

I guess we all have different sense of humor...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ No, I agree. I didn't find it funny either. I know the humor is geared toward 5-8 year old boys, but I did like the first two. Now it's just repeating the same joke that Lee can't use ninjutsu.

I am hoping the next one uses some of the other Konoha kids to spice things up like they did with Sakura in the second issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Hope the next one comes out sooner then this one did.
    Probably won't see RLSoY for another three months. This one was suppose to be released last month.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 535 Discussion / 536 Predictions

Changing the subject completely and probably breaking the rules as well...sorry mods,please place wherever you see fit.

How funny was it to read Rock lee springtime of youth?his ''byugan'' looked so retarded, i thought he wanted to use the toilet, lol.And the result of the training for his fight with neji and the commentary from Tenten was hilarious...''why does only one side of your body look like that''compared to lee.The response was just as funny naruto use to be this funny onces a long time ago...sigh.

http://mangastream.com/read/rock_lee/47634488/1
    Last edited by kakashidad; April 15, 2011 at 05:18 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    It's a spinoff manga by another mangaka, from a new Shueisha imprint for young children called Saikyo Jump.

There's also a Dragon Ball spinoff called Dragon Ball SD and a One Piece spinoff called Chopperman.
    What!!! this is aimed at kids you say?There's absolutely no way i'd let a kid below the age of 16 read this...there's much too many induendo's imo.This is for grown ups.I thought it was hilarious.From the first page to the last,I'm still pmsl.

'' All I can say is that Lee trying to go Byakugan made me lol, and that those Hula skirts scared me. That's about all that effected me after reading this. Though I also did laugh at Naruto's sudden hostility when he was walking by... always the idiot, huh''. xD

Hmm, if i saw some werid dude coming out of some bushes.I'd respond the exact same way...there's nothing idiotic about his behaviour...imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    ^ No, I agree. I didn't find it funny either. I know the humor is geared toward 5-8 year old boys, but I did like the first two. Now it's just repeating the same joke that Lee can't use ninjutsu.

I am hoping the next one uses some of the other Konoha kids to spice things up like they did with Sakura in the second issue.

Probably won't see RLSoY for another three months. This one was suppose to be released last month.
    Sorry,this is not geared to 5-8 year old boys.If that's the case.It would need looking at by some organization...like the feds or something.It's more adult that what your implying.It's like what the producers did to a kids show called ''captain pugwash'' many many many years ago.It's charactors were called....wait for it.Master Bates,Seaman Staines and Rodger the cabin boy....lad mags overhear rumbled it a few years ago.
    I kid you not.
    Last edited by kakashidad; April 16, 2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

nice,I liked it. anyway I didn't like that neji accepted gai's result,that is it was a draw. Neji should have got angry!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It was bad IMHO . I did not like anything about it . Probably because to some extent I am against sex jokes .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I needed the laughs that this chapter brought me! ("Rolling-Eyeballs-Back-Into-Head" No Jutsu 4 da win!!!)
    Last edited by Nonlife; April 25, 2011 at 08:08 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth

Why Rock Lee...?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked out the first chapter, won't be looking any other up. I didn't find it amusing at all, maybe it's all lost in translation or something but I was not entertained.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    Why Rock Lee...?
    Because he's awesome.It's kinda dissapointing that Kishi is neglecting such a great character.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Because he's awesome.It's kinda dissapointing that Kishi is neglecting such a great character.
    Totally agree! It's a shame how little screen time all the awesome characters has got in part 2 of the manga!

Personally I find Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth really funny! Some of the jokes are epic x)
    [IMG]http://bit.ly/wvfDFh[/IMG]
    [url="http://bit.ly/qint1K"][IMG]http://bit.ly/zcJSPa[/IMG][/url][url="http://twitter.com/#!/ZayCon92"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Twitter.jpg[/IMG][/url][url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Anime.jpg[/IMG][/url]

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read the latest chapter
    Konohamaru's seduction jutsu and Lee's Rasengen were epic already,but the Harem jutsu at the end topped it all.
    Epic chapter!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I've been really enjoying this little comic because it gives attention to Guy's team and makes TenTen not suck as much. However, this last chapter with Konohamaru was too disturbing. I'm not homophobic, but it's just wrong. Konohamaru needs to go peeping more with Naruto and come up with better perverted ninjutsu than pedophilic clones. I laughed when Sakura fell for the Sasuke + Sai, but Guy + Lee was too much. I was right next to Sakura, Naruto, and Lee when they were puking and traumatized; scarred for life .
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashidad View Post
    Sorry,this is not geared to 5-8 year old boys.
    What the hell is with people trying to pretend like the manga they're reading is "mature" and "adult"?

I'm sorry, but Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth is one of the manga published in Saikyō Jump, which is a magazine for young children (the pre-shōnen crowd). The magazine's official catchphrase is even, "manga for the strongest kids!"

Even Shōnen Jump manga are primarily targetted at young boys roughly age 10-15. You shouldn't be trying to profess the maturity of what you're reading unless it's something specifically targetting the 17+ crowd, like from a seinen magazine such as Ultra Jump. Compare something like Death Note to MPD Psycho and you'll very quickly see the difference between "for adolescents" and "for adults".

It doesn't mean it can't appeal to you as an adult, but don't pretend like you're the target audience, unless you're some kind of manchild. And, honestly, how any Western adult could find typical Japanese humor funny is beyond me. They're stuck in vaudeville, relying almost solely on slapstick and puns with virtually no concept of sarcasm or dry humor. I see people laugh at Sakura punching Naruto for being stupid (again) and it just makes me cringe.
    Last edited by Suzaku; August 25, 2011 at 12:37 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Suzaku

Sry to blow you bubble bub BUT this is a mature teamed manga for me. I would NEVER let my kid read something like that (if i actualy had a kid lol).

Now i don't know about that guy but for me this is a adult teamed manga not because it is a "Shakespeare" but because of all the sex related joks (bad one at that to lol).

If people would put a nude picture of X babe in school books then that would defenetly not be a book addresed to young children(even if it states it is on the cover).

One would ask why they removed Naruto kissing Sasuke (part one) when they edited it for the rest of the world. Gues things work diferently in Japan.
    _________

Can't say i laugh at this manga but i find it ok to read it when i am at work...
    Last edited by xXan; August 29, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast