Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dogs in Manga/Anime

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs in Manga/Anime

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Josephine. Yes, I know she doesn’t look like a dog, but she is. There is even a whole episode dedicated to her in the anime.

Quote Quote:
    Josephine: The Arashiyama family's pet dog, resembling a Japanese Raccoon Dog. In the anime, she ends all of her sentences with "poko".
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Inubaka: Crazy for Dogs series has many dogs and puppies! The art done for these pets are really good (: The storyline is okay, kind-of really random. It's a pretty fluffy manga series.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned him yet …well…he is not a full dog…but still…

Inuyasha from Inuyasha

Spoiler: Inuyasha show

And of course…

Sesshomaru from Inuyasha

Spoiler: Sesshomaru show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heen The asthmatic dog from Howl's Moving Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Heen is a small and very ancient white and brown dog who appears only in the movie. He works for Madame Suliman as an errand runner and an inconspicuous, though unreliable, spy.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if wolves are allowed, but here's some dogs or wolves:

FMA: the girl and her dog, which the dad then joins them together (HK "wipes" his eyes, I got something in my eye just now, uh huh!).

Elfen Lied, that's when I stopped watching it... I hate how dog brutality-death is used to symbolize evil... it's good for symbolizing evil... but I can't watch the dog get abused or killed-murdered... lots of story mediums use this theme symbology... sighs... (The Butterfly Effect movie, the psycho brother pours gasoline on the puppy and then the bag, puts the puppy in the bag, seals of the bag, and then lights it on fire... burning the puppy alive... you learn later though that he's "psycho" because he watched his sick pedo dad have his sister and his best friend make out... as his dad video taped and joined in with his own daughter... the movie has some awesome sci-fi stuff, but it's not a pleasant movie at all... it's been tamed down though with much of its more disturbing content removed for tv viewing, compared to its content in the theatres when it had come out)

Princess Mononoko. the mother-god wolf, and her two sibling wolves.

Wolf's Rain, not much needs be said, as it's THEE anime series about wolves.

Endless Waltz (sequal movie for Mobile Suit Gundam Wing). very brief scene with dog (it gets killed). Heero Yuy: "How many times must I kill that girl and her dog?"

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail. some scenes of a wolf to symbolize Roberta

Hellsing. Well, one of Alucard's forms-souls is that of a hellhound, lol.

Asobi ni Iku yo! An anime series that is a Parody of many things found within animes, it involves (busty) cat-girls & race (nekos) vs (busty) dog-girl & race. It's kinda funny and enjoyable, you might want to take a look at it, as it's fun and silly. yes it has the fan-service for us guys, but I think it has a lot more stuff that is for girls' enjoyment. it's cute!

Blood C: I'm calling it a dog, lol.

Blood+: there's an episode with a dog in it, lol

Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom. A dog is used to symbolize Zwei, and I think there's some brief scenes of dogs within it too.

Soul Eater: that werewolf guy. Also is the brief scene with the dog that was possessed by Medusa, which she then transfers herself into the girl's body.

etc...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 15, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2