Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoshino Katsura's Oneshots

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hoshino Katsura's Oneshots

i hope so... i can't wait for translation ) * i've talked on twitter with them*
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Did they answer? I dont want to frustrate them with a rain of questions so, just tell us when they answer
    Last edited by ying_su; July 15, 2011 at 11:49 AM.

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    Did they answer? I dont want to frustrated them with a rain of questions so, just tell us when they answer
    No ): but i'm waiting a positive answer xD

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyways, here are my thoughts, which are going to cause me to be hated incredibly.

As usual, Hoshino's coloring disgusts me. But I surprisingly enjoyed this one-shot. It has a lot of interesting detail.

I appreciate a female big-breasted protagonist that has realistic proportions. She's not fat, she's just got that stocky voluptuous (Scandinavian) build - and also very strong. She seems also pretty level-headed. I like a protagonist that doesn't look like a thin rail with balloons attached.

The male protagonist was pretty cool too, though I really loathe the DBZ magic hair effect.

For some reason, elements of the art sorta reminded me a little of AoNoEx. I'm not saying Hoshino plagiarized, but I wonder if she took some inspiration and decided to play with it in a one-shot separate from her masterwork. The reason why I don't say vice versa is because I haven't seen Hoshino ever echo that in her designs.

Anyways, I look forward to reading the story. In fact, it looks more interesting and detailed than DGM (which is at the moment, so caught up in the dramatic effect that the story has suffered). I wouldn't mind if she cancelled DGM and moved on to something else, this one-shot proves to me that she can still do excellent art.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Color page comment: *bad pokerface of agreement*

I have no idea what's going on in Kaiten other than what I can gather from the art, but I wouldn't mind seeing it becoming Hoshino's next project once D.gray-man gets tied up.
    Also I'm glad to see the Earl not being a antagonist for once, or in the story at all.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i was reading (*not reading, just looking xD*) the oneshot agaain, and i saw this:

what this date meaaaaans????? T_____T

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Anyways, here are my thoughts, which are going to cause me to be hated incredibly.

As usual, Hoshino's coloring disgusts me. But I surprisingly enjoyed this one-shot. It has a lot of interesting detail.

I appreciate a female big-breasted protagonist that has realistic proportions. She's not fat, she's just got that stocky voluptuous (Scandinavian) build - and also very strong. She seems also pretty level-headed. I like a protagonist that doesn't look like a thin rail with balloons attached.

The male protagonist was pretty cool too, though I really loathe the DBZ magic hair effect.

For some reason, elements of the art sorta reminded me a little of AoNoEx. I'm not saying Hoshino plagiarized, but I wonder if she took some inspiration and decided to play with it in a one-shot separate from her masterwork. The reason why I don't say vice versa is because I haven't seen Hoshino ever echo that in her designs.

Anyways, I look forward to reading the story. In fact, it looks more interesting and detailed than DGM (which is at the moment, so caught up in the dramatic effect that the story has suffered). I wouldn't mind if she cancelled DGM and moved on to something else, this one-shot proves to me that she can still do excellent art.
    Im curious you ever been to any country in scandinavia? Because as for the body proportions you can find people like that everywhere haha.

On the drawings i guess its well done. Looks nice but i dont think the story would be for me as far as i can judge.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

As for me, I envy Hoshino's coloring abilities. I find that her colored drawings get stuck in my head like songs do, simply because I love them so much. Having said this, I don't think that these were her best colored images. They weren't as impressive as they usually are for me.

Definitely loved the clean, detailed look of this one shot. I can see why it took so long to get the DGM chapter out. Is it just me, or is it really weird to see Hoshino drawing something so up-to-date with the city and everything? Haha, she pulled it off all the same.

The two main characters look great, and from what I could gather from the art, they bounce off of each other well. And the main chick is cuuuuurvy! Loved her and those daisy dukes! Great character design, as always.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to go to bed soon. My flight to Asia is less than 10 hours away. (3 hour lay-over in Japan... NOOooooooooo... So short! =.=) But in the midst of my last minute preparations, I can answer this....

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    well, i was reading (*not reading, just looking xD*) the oneshot agaain, and i saw this:

what this date meaaaaans????? T_____T
    That date relates to the address that's above that date. August 15th is the deadline for submitting in a special coupon (-that dotted square box?-) for a D.Gray-Man poster. The poster's size is B2 (20 x 29 in/51 x 73.5 cm ). This is my first time noticing that little section so I don't know if it pertains to the split Allen and Kanda cover images for both SQ and LaB, but it seems like it, right?

As I said before, the mailing address is printed above that deadline and subscribers/customers must make sure they attach the words "'D.Gray-Man' B2 Poster Present" to it.

Of course, I don't highly recommend people, not in Japan, printing that particular page out trying to see if they can obtain this poster. ^^; (You can try at your own risk if you own LaB outside of Japan.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed at the main male characters hero costume/design, it feels unnatural and childish but the overall art is quite good IMO. Now waiting for English Scanlation to know what's really going on.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm at the Budapest airport right now... xD But i guess... we cannot wait for the announcement of the D.Gray-man new anime isnt it?

I dont remember where you guys posted that pic with the hat in black and white and the date of september, but i asked a friend and it seems to make reference to the CaraGure.
    Offtopic: The thing is... they talk about the first volume (as if there will be more?)

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

The characters look funny and cheerful, doesn't look like some dark story.. anyway I like the girl she's kinda naughty ^ ^ at least for now the drawing is ok,, waiting the English scan...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG!! best return of vacation ever!!!!

I like the girl from the one-shot x3 she seems nice and funny! and what the hell is wrong with the hero xD he explodes when someone is nice to him(?) xD I wonder what their names are... Can't wait for the translation x3
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The one-shot was adorable. :3 It's like an anti-D. Gray man in a way because of its light-heartedness. I like the fact that the heroine doesn't have the proportion of a supermodel nor has large breasts and a tiny waist; it's certainly refreshing.

Here's a synopsis: the girl (Piro?) is an ex-villain who is now opting to become a fighter for justice instead. In Tokyo, she encounters a "superhero" (Koutarou) who has problems with people acknowledging him and so he explodes. When Piro brings him back to his house (which is also a soba restaurant), the aunt requests that she joins Koutarou as a superhero duo. Piro accepts the offer.

Basically it's a fluffy Power Ranger story.

Spoiler: I also read the two older one-shots show

19. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, it looks like the download link for continue died... does any one have it saved by any chance? =)

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast