Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Zeref Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 220 Discussion/ 221 Predictions

Deliora and the flute did not seem to be the protecting type though. The flute was quite specific about killing people for no reason and deliora was a monstrously powerful creature which limited its actions to random destruction. They could have had such a purpose back then but it would be rather strange. The flute specially would be a rather inconvenient defensive weapon considering it would kill anyone who hears its song.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member swordsaintscoot's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

perhaps during the time that zeref was being hunted, his only means of defense was having a magic that could hurt all but the wielder? I.e zeref.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Yashie's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swordsaintscoot View Post
    perhaps during the time that zeref was being hunted, his only means of defense was having a magic that could hurt all but the wielder? I.e zeref.
    Doesn't make sense ... I mean, if all you have is circumstancial existence against the guy, You're not going to label him as the Greatest dark wizard of all time. I think it's safe to assume Zeref did some seriously twisted stuff in his time ... not that Mashima tells us that.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't really noticed pointed teeth on Zeref and pointed teeth seem to be a symbol of DragonSlayers (except Wendy but she's little and she's a girl)
    Zeref, however, have those concentric-circly eyes thing .. Just like Zancrow does. Maybe concentric circly eyes is some sort of mark of a GodSlayer?

Perhaps Zeref is the Darkness/Death GodSlayer?

~Wise Man once said : He who sits on chair, always on bottom~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the deal behind Zeref?

I<m sure when they wake him up he<s going to be as evil as can be... and then we will see why they called him the legendary dark mage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the deal behind Zeref?

i think they will capture zeref and in the next arc ft wants to rescue him..."to seal" his random "death waves"

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The keys of Zeref?

I thought I'd start a threat about this plot element. Right now zeref seems to be in a sort of dormant state where his power and apparently personality are sealed. Hades and Grimoire heart are trying to release that seal and for that purpose they have gathered the keys of zeref. So far the only thing we know is that Hades got a key specifically from the tower of paradise events. IMO it is also possible they got more of the keys during other arcs.

Now, what exactly are these keys? I doubt they are literal keys but rather kinda like plot elements from different arcs. IMO the ethereon might have had something to do with the key since we know Gerard was manipulated specifically by grimmoire heart and he did all he did for the sake of ethereon. Can't really think of anything for the next keys though. Any thought?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The keys of Zeref?

Yeah I'm sure Etherion firing was one of the 'keys' and I think Mashima said somewhere Nirvana was one of them to. Maybe Zeref's beasts Lulluby and Deloria also had something to do with it.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think nirvana was ever implied to be a key although I would not be surprised if zeref got a key out of that.

Another thing I was wondering is whether the crystal orb urtear has is a key of sorts. It does not seem to be important to her magic, she did not take it to fairy island and the purpose it served when she did use it in a fight could have been fulfilled by any other object.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very possible but I think it was just something to channel her powers through and prehaps her battle suit does the same.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member swordsaintscoot's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

she's been seen using her orb everytime she talks long distance

her orb is her 'phone' basically. its a communication device.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Something you don't appear to have considered are the dragons. I'm wondering if they are the keys? It would make sense because they were missing. They could have gone into hiding because they knew The Grimoire Heart guild was looking for them.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^I doubt the dragons are the keys. Hades has no way of acquiring them so to speak and I would think they are quite more powerful than him. They could use the DS if they need a dragon's power though/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Zeref Thread

First of all hello to everyone and secondly bear with me This is purely theory;

Zeref knows natsu right? maybe natsu is the reincarnation or something of the natsu Zeref knew.

Also i find it fishy Lucy didn't see Zeref could she also be involved as the narrator who supposedly has an important role in this arc. Maybe the zodiac keys are literally the keys to Zeref or maybe Lucy is the key

the dragons maybe Zeref wants their power or he's also a dragon slayer
    once again this is just a crazy theory ^^

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

My main theory is that Zeref is the black dragon slayer. i base this of all kinds of 2ndary evidence tho.

-he has fangs like a slayer.
    -he uses black magic and has several nicknames related to it. And then we got the black dragon Gildarts met.
    -Zeref knows Natsu tho he doesnt know Zeref this is not evidence since the other 2 Wendy and Gajeel didnt know Natsu prior to meeting him. However it shows some destiny play.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    My main theory is that Zeref is the black dragon slayer. i base this of all kinds of 2ndary evidence tho.

-he has fangs like a slayer.
    -he uses black magic and has several nicknames related to it. And then we got the black dragon Gildarts met.
    -Zeref knows Natsu tho he doesnt know Zeref this is not evidence since the other 2 Wendy and Gajeel didnt know Natsu prior to meeting him. However it shows some destiny play.
    your evidence is pretty good, i also think Zeref is the black dragon slayer unless he's something even more crazy but what you said points to him being so

Zeref might have met Natsu when he was younger hence natsu not remembering being too young and Zeref apparently being 400+ years old. wonder how he turned so tame? or rather who turned him tame? could be he dragons and layla hence their disappearance but i think it was before probably they tried to stop his awakening

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast