Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Zeref Thread

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeref for final villain?

I'm heading towards the end of my FT re-read and once I looked back at everything, it stroke me that Zeref simply doesn't fit the role of the "final villain" for the story. Sure, up until the point where he was introduced during s-class exams arc, he was portrayed as the most BAMF evil character in the series who creates death-causing musical instruments and 20 meters huge demons with the same ease as brushing his teeth, but ever after he's been actually introduced to the story his potential for being the ultimate evil of the story has rapidly been falling.

I'm not gonna mention all his emo-talk, nor how he's supposed to be asleep and whatever, simply because Zeref lacks the primary element every villain is supposed to have. Zeref doesn't wants to destroy/kill/fight Natsu nor any of his fellow guild members. He hasn't got any evil motives, or anything else that would satisfy his name of the series' main antagonist.

He perfectly fits the role of a tragic emo hero, but definetelly not the main villain of a series which some people lable as the "4th series in the Big 3". Now that I think about it, FT had several arc-long villains, who vanished from the story after they have been beaten (Eizenwald's shinigami, Edolas king, etc.), but never anyone who would go as the "ultimate evil", like Aizen in bleach, or Tobi in Naruto and many, many other examples.

So, what do you think. Does Zeref really fits the role of the series' "final villain"?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zeref for final villain?

I believe that in the end of the S-Class Arc. It was given that there is something more terrifying than the Black mage Zeref. Something that even Zeref him self don't have the courage to stand against it. "Acknologia"

I believe that Acnologia is the main Villain here not Zeref, and by killing Zeref you will kill Acnologia.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I doubt that Zeref is the last villain. More like the vessel or the means for the final villain to do what he wants to do, that being, destroy people and the land.

I'd say that the final villain will be without a doubt looking after Lumen Etoile and I have a feeling that either Lucy or Layla, or even both are connected to it just like the Dragon Slayers and Zeref.

At this point I can't say who is the final villain, but one thing we know, the king, isn't.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the way the plot was going up until the S Class arc, it really seemed like Zeref would be the final villain. Basically everything that happened seemed to have some connection to him. If he's not the final villain/evil mastermind, he has to have some connection with whoever is.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i like the idea of the dragon that destroyed the island to be the final boss

that would be sick

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe that dragon is just a small piece of the final boss. Maybe it has human form.

Do you think there is still the possibility that Zeref could be the final villain? Maybe he's nice now but don't you think there's a chance that something in the future could occur wherein he would chance and be all villain-like. Who knows, maybe an arc about the the dragonslayers past, maybe their past life or maybe they were dragons before would be told about. Cruelty of Zeref worshippers of what they try to do might drive Zeref to be all evil or something.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He could be the final villain, but it will not be the usual final villain.
    We already know that Zeref somehow wants Natsu to defeat him.

I don't think it was even explained how he know Natsu, or why he thinks that Natsu is strong enough to defeat him...
    Either way, Zeref is not evil, at least, not in this current form.

So, unless he truly awaken to his evil side, there's no way that we will have the usual Hero vs Final Boss kind of ending between Natsu and him.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like all any bad guy wants these days is to resurrect Zeref. And from what we've seen, he's not a bad guy at all. It's clear that he hates himself and can't control his power at all. But it doesn't add up.

Is it possible that Zeref was reincarnated into this human form we now know? All these stories about Zeref summoning big monsters, being extremely evil and powerful -- it just doesn't calculate to this depressed youth human who doesn't even know what he's doing. And for some reason, this guy knows Natsu well.
    Last edited by SlayerKisame; May 13, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Zeref Thread

Hmm ok this is what comes to mind after reading all this:
    Dragons dont involve thereselves with humans anymore. So probably at some point they did. Soooo what if in society then dragons were like almost holy and only few choosen one were trained by them. Zeref natsu and wendy at least were one of them. Zeref being the first dark ds lost control and became evil and destructive. (wouldnt be the first time someone lost it after gaining great power)
    Ended with a battle natsu lost to him.
    Zeref not dying becuz of his powers became old, bored with power and had regrets (something like rouruni kenshin)
    Becuz of zeref the dragons broke off with the humans
    Natsu was like someone said reincarnated with all the destiny crap to stop zeref.

Ok i know its not solid but i suspect its something in this direction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeref may not be the final villain but he is One of the main villians in the series. All the dark guilds if not most and simple evil doers want to Resurrect Zeref or use his instruments or spells to disrupt or control the magic world..........Zeref explained himself pretty well he got tired of killing and started to appreciate Life what cause him to change we don't know but when he's like that Ultear is stronger than him and he can't control his death wave...Grimoire Heart forced Zeref's hand and brought out his ugly side again now, there shouldn't be anyone known of at the moment who can oppose him. And Acnologia the meanest villest dragon there is shares some type of connection with Zeref it doesn't sem like Zeref can order him around but as if he understands him and both seem to share the same purpose...........

Dragons are who I believe are gonna be the last antagonist. Igneel has been showed before tlking to floating glitter who I believe was another Dragon maybe using magic to communicate distances with him..But Dragons had withdrew themselves from Human affairs and Acnologia simply destory's whatever it wants I believe with purpose behind certain destructions....Every 7 years something big happens in FT World... Our answers should be answered shortly

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I can't say why nor am I going to waste many words on this "idea", so just to throw it into this thread:

I have some sort of feeling that Zeref is actually Edolas' Acnologia... Probably because of Porlyushika being Edolas' Grandine and her spiritual connection to the dragon Grandine which appeared to me to be similar to Zeref feeling the dragon's approach. :/

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem with that theory is that people from Edolas can't use magic without a tool. Mystogan may have been powerful, but he still had to cast magic through a staff. Zeref can't control his magic and clearly doesn't like what it's doing. If it were a simple matter of separating himself from whatever his going out of control (his pendant? He didn't have much on him) he'd have done that a long time ago.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Hm, I can't say why nor am I going to waste many words on this "idea", so just to throw it into this thread:

I have some sort of feeling that Zeref is actually Edolas' Acnologia... Probably because of Porlyushika being Edolas' Grandine and her spiritual connection to the dragon Grandine which appeared to me to be similar to Zeref feeling the dragon's approach. :/
    Very Very good Theory..I forgot that The Dragons in Edolas may actually have Human forms like Grandine....And if i'm not mistaken Human Grandine cna use magic in FT world.....THis could very well be a plot for FT

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post

I like this idea but Acnologia is a big bad muscle head dragon. I don't think it has much of a brain like Igneel. Zeref's counterpart, to me, would be a genius.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, technically we have never actually seen earthland grandine use magic. Not sure what to make of that considering she is supposedly the person in charge of healing in fairy tail. I find it strange that the means by which she heals have remain obscure through the manga, sometimes I can't help but feel she was bullshitting wendy when she said she was grandine from another dimension.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    I like this idea but Acnologia is a big bad muscle head dragon. I don't think it has much of a brain like Igneel. Zeref's counterpart, to me, would be a genius.
    Wendy did say that all dragons were extremely intelligent though. The manga pretty much stated that acknologia didn't talk because of an inability to do so but rather he thought of the humans there as no more than mere insects. Acknologia is smart and quite a bit so at that based on what the manga has told us.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast