Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed

Thread: Is there middle school level manga?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there middle school level manga?

Hey all!

I'm new to posting on forums so please excuse me if this isn't how it's done.....

I am studying to become a middle school teacher. One of my projects is to learn about a new media (well, a media that is new to me) and use it in a lesson plan. I noticed a lot of my middle school students reading manga and I decided to incorporate it into my planning. However, I'm having a lot of trouble finding age-appropriate materials for my 11 and 12 year olds. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

So far I've really enjoyed the books I've read, but the content is just too mature for them.

Thank you in advance!
    xeewanderer
    Last edited by Iceiphoenix; August 12, 2013 at 05:24 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there middle school level manga?

Hmm, good approach in teaching. You try to associate your teaching strategies to the interests of 11 - 12 years old.

It would be better if you included in you post what subject, what grade level, and what particular lesson so that specific answers would come straight at you.

Anyway, Pokemon Adventures has always been a children-oriented read, don't you think?
    Doraemon and Mojacko are also good animes to watch by children at that age level.

Thread Closed