Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Manga Psychopaths

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Manga Psychopaths

Who is everyone's favorite psychopaths, sociopaths, and borderline personalities in manga? Names, series, and why you like them, please. Name the psychological disorder for bonus points

Kano Hiroshi, Freesia: The paranoid schizophrenic main character. Plagued by hallucinations, delusions, and no morals. He's somewhat akin to the angel of death, symbolic of societies institutionalization and apathy towards violence.

Kabu, Ultra Heaven: Minor pusher, drug addict, victim. A William Burroughsesque anti-hero locked into a drug induced hallucination that he can no longer distinguish from reality.

Light Yagami, Death Note: Manga's ultimate sociopath. Incapable of drawing the line between "justice" and smiting his enemies and all who appose him.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Manga Psychopaths

Hachimaki of Planetes. He doesn't really have a steady disease, but some psychopathic breakouts.
    Spoiler: Storyspoiler show

Spoiler: Image show
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; December 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuno Gasai of Future Diary, the ultimate yandere. I can't really describe how screwed up she is without spoiling the series.

She is ultimately devoted to Yukiteru, the main character. She kills anyone who gets in between them, no matter who they are. And not in conventional ways either. She puts the "axe" in axe murderer. One moment she looks like a sweet moe girl, and the next she has a wide grin, and shiny, shiny eyes...

And yes, she's very moe. That's the unsettling part. It's like Higurashi, except the girl is actually psycho, and
    Spoiler show

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read Future Diary, yet, but I heard Yukiteru makes the series, that she's one of the all time manga crazies. Not only do I plan on reading it, I'm planning on it just because of her.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Johann liebert (hopefully got the spelling correct) from Monster...a psychopath with identity crisis i think...God and Satan at the same time.

The Major from Hellsing, a sociopath of such intensity that he seems seems like the personification of the instinct that drives man to war.
    Last edited by ashher; December 12, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Johann liebert (hopefully got the spelling correct) from Monster...a psychopath with identity crisis i think...God and Satan at the same time.
    Just finished the anime and I agree with you, he is really wicked and crazy, although it's the fault of some specific persons. Johan was a very interesting character.

Shiro from Deadman Wonderland: It's not easy to say something without spoiling but she has some serious personality problems.

Kumagawa Misogi from Medaka Box: His way of thinking is pure negativity mixed with some crazy characteristics. He is absolutely insane.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Johan was already mentioned, and another incredible mad man by Urasawa is Friend from 20th Century Boys. The enigmatic yet influential cult leader has some serious issues. Pathological envy, delusions and grandiosity to pick a few.

Another one I find extremely amazing is Professor Desty Nova from GUNNM (aka. Battle Angel Alita). He's a perfect example of a mad scientist. Massive scientific knowledge, expertising in field of nanotechnology. Likes to pull experiments on living people. Claiming it's utterly necessary in his research of karma and psychological capacities. All this while eating flan, a treat he's almost addicted of. There are specific reasons why I put him above all other mad scientists, but those would be spoilers. Let's just say, that there is really specific and understandable reason for his madness, unlike with many of his bretheren.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Millenium Earl from D. Gray-man: Well, what can I say? He's the main antagonist in the series. Although he has a perma-smile and cheerful personality, don't let that deceive you! He has shown himself to be really cruel and scary. When I say scary, I mean scary.

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    I agree with this so much. He's my favourite character because I find him to be such a fascinating character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Echo from Pandora Hearts. She's Vincent's attendant and has a split personality of Zwei/Noise.

Vincent Nightray (though not much of my favorite character in PH), one of the characters also in Pandora Hearts that sometimes I can't understand if he's a friend or a foe. He could be easy seen sometimes with easy-going personality then shifts into somewhat kind of dark personality.
    He also has a habit of carrying around scissors and cutting up stuffed animals with him.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter is total must in this thread. The Joker of mangaworld. Battlecrazy, bloodthirsty and merciless. Totally insane and on top of that has a thing for young boys. One of the best manga villains ever.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Light Yagami, Death Note: Manga's ultimate sociopath. Incapable of drawing the line between "justice" and smiting his enemies and all who appose him.
    I actually find Mikami Teru even more sociopathic than Light. The latter can interact with others fine, but Mikami lacks any people skills whatsoever. They're a good foil because they're slightly modified versions of each other; they share the same beliefs but have different personalities.

As a whole, I find the psychologically disturbed characters more fascinating to analyze. Some of my favourite characters tend to fall under that category. Of course I don't condone their actions if they did terrible deeds. I just find the idea of them interesting.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The interesting thing about Light was how well he maintained the facade of diligent student. He reminds me of Ted Bundy; he was able to kill so many people because he did not fit the profile of a psychopath. Like Bundy Light was normal, well spoken, intelligent, and a ruthless serial killer.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Light should definitely get an Oscar for being the best actor.

It was probably because it was glaringly obvious that I missed it during my first reading, but Light is a serial killer. Although he's not doing the actual murder, he's still killing people all the same. What's scary is that he's doing it in the name of justice; he believes he's doing good for humanity, which is perhaps more eerie than those who know it's a bad thing to do.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished reading Wolfen Crest and it's filled with psychopaths. Not a single pleasant face amongst them, that's for certain.

However, Haguro aka Mr. Dou is quite cool actually, though mad as hell:
    http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2096/ch51mrdoumad.jpg
    His story:
    Spoiler show

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Makishima from Psycho-Pass. Considering that the title of the anime is basically "psychopath", he definitely fits the category for sure. While the criminals in the show were deranged or acting out of fear, he feels nothing while he's manipulating and killing others. People are merely tools he can use if they benefit him and discard if they become of no use anymore.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast