Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Gantz Giants

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fighting Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Giants

I've been thinking about the giants in Gantz and what they might be a reference to. The Annunaki are a race of aliens that were giants(who knows if theyre real). Said giants were fabled to have taught the Sumerians everything they know.(ive heard that Sumerains knew about pluto) These Annunaki are from the book of Enki(enki is also supposed to be satan.) It is also said that these giant aliens created humans as slaves. They are supposed to be from the notorious planet x. There are also claims that the annunaki will come in 2012 and that will be the end that every one is talking about. Ive seen connections with this and Gantz and I just wanted to get it off my chest.

"Take The First Step, and your mind will mobilize all its forces to your aid. But the first is essential that you begin. Once, the battle is started, all that is within you and without you will come to your assistance."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Giants

Yea I think the giant aliens are suppose to be based on that legend. A lot of similarities going on. It makes sense that Oku would put them in as the final enemy, after all he puts in other legends such as Yokai into the manga so why not this legend?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes sense relating to this part of the manga imo. The yokai legends dont fit with giants but hey, with all the diversification of the ethnicity of the gantz players(or should i say army now), the idea that the giants are even a slight reference to the universal flood story would be legit.

"Take The First Step, and your mind will mobilize all its forces to your aid. But the first is essential that you begin. Once, the battle is started, all that is within you and without you will come to your assistance."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Sebastian talked about the akashic records, so it wouldn't surprise me. Even though they seem too antagonistic to care about teaching humans.

Also the Katastrophe was predicted long before it happened, maybe there's some prophecy mentioning them

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Something to take note of is how "human like" they are as well. They seem way too much like humans compared to the other aliens. I think the spin in the manga is that these giants created humans and were worshiped as "Gods".

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea thats how the real legend goes too. The so called annunaki created humans in their image.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is why Gantz is the best manga around. Good pick up Fighting Spirit. This just means Gantz is really coming to a end. Hopefully we get a detailed back story on these giant aliens. It would be cool if the giants admit to being on earth befor.
    Last edited by JediKnight; December 11, 2010 at 09:41 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In one of the chapters when you see the alien civilization on the mothership, there is a sign that says "West Tokyo" in their language. This may indicate that they have been watching/familiar with the planet before hand. What I really want to know are how many of these motherships are parked in cities. Do you think there is one in every country? city?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Annunaki = why they have 6 fingers and toes....sp that fits

I think that maybe they made/kicked off humans just for the food, and maybe other races they go from planet to planet farming, which explains refugee/other aliens, however some other race has developed better tech and gantz is the result.

No it maybe the giant race are running from something

I also note there are about 4 adverts continually repeated in the space ships

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember one member said that the aliens are actually nephillim from the bible, thought it was pretty interesting theory.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well we just found out in the last chapter that the giants are just a wandering space colony from a star system that got destroyed. The reference was probably on purpose.

New Reply