Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: how many arc left to reach Raftel?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll

1 0.95%

5 4.76%

9 8.57%

7 6.67%

16 15.24%

7 6.67%

10 9.52%

12 11.43%

2 1.90%

1 0.95%

2 1.90%
  • more than 13

33 31.43%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How many story arc left for luffy to reach Raftel?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 3000PoemsWritten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many story arc left for luffy to reach Raftel?

HI... I'm new here... my brother just showed me this site but I'm no noob to one piece...

I say there are gonna be seven more... not just because that's a lucky prime number...

But also because...

I'm not too sure the differences of Sagas and Arcs... But I do know the Whitebeard War Saga had these Arcs within it... Thriller Bark, Sabody Arpegaiolo(I WTF messed that spelling up), Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford, Postwar

That is just 6 Arcs in 1 Saga...

But I don't think there will be any sagas as long as that again, So I say 2 Half Pint Sagas, "New World Saga" "Another War Saga"

At most I predict 9 Arcs... At most 3 sagas... But I still say 7 is at the very least expected...

Thanks For Showing Me This Site Bro Bro... It's Cool...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Umm al-Qaiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3000PoemsWritten View Post
    HI... I'm new here... my brother just showed me this site but I'm no noob to one piece...

I say there are gonna be seven more... not just because that's a lucky prime number...

But also because...

I'm not too sure the differences of Sagas and Arcs... But I do know the Whitebeard War Saga had these Arcs within it... Thriller Bark, Sabody Arpegaiolo(I WTF messed that spelling up), Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford, Postwar

That is just 6 Arcs in 1 Saga...

But I don't think there will be any sagas as long as that again, So I say 2 Half Pint Sagas, "New World Saga" "Another War Saga"

At most I predict 9 Arcs... At most 3 sagas... But I still say 7 is at the very least expected...
    Your logic is pretty well flawed. The Skypiea Saga only had two arcs in it (Skypiea and Jaya). It's really consistent like you make it out to be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fixed the poll results, should be visible to everyone now.

Personally, I voted more than 13 -- Oda did say Fishman Island was the halfway point of the story, so counting out the fact that his stories tend to inflate a bit (he said we'd get to Fishman Island 'soon' back in 2002, eight years ago...), I'd say there should be around the same number of arcs. Also factoring in the different lengths for each arc (Laboon, for example, was only one volume), we should have more than a dozen.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikidoka View Post
    Fixed the poll results, should be visible to everyone now.

Personally, I voted more than 13 -- Oda did say Fishman Island was the halfway point of the story, so counting out the fact that his stories tend to inflate a bit (he said we'd get to Fishman Island 'soon' back in 2002, eight years ago...), I'd say there should be around the same number of arcs. Also factoring in the different lengths for each arc (Laboon, for example, was only one volume), we should have more than a dozen.
    holy crap 8years omg.Wouldnt it take another 10yrs or so to complete OP?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikidoka View Post
    Oda did say Fishman Island was the halfway point of the story, so counting out the fact that his stories tend to inflate a bit (he said we'd get to Fishman Island 'soon' back in 2002, eight years ago...), I'd say there should be around the same number of arcs.
    Raftel has yet to be proven to be the last arc.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There's room for at least 10 major story arcs, and that's going by just the characters that were introduced to the story before the timeskip. I think that the New World will have a lot more significant battles in it than the first half, and that a lot of them won't be too many chapters long. For example, a 5-10 chapter mini arc might just be entirely a battle between Luffy's crew and one of his rivals, like Hawkins. A battle where there isn't really any need for a backstory, just that they're both pirates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I counted 6 arcs in East Blue, and 14 in Grand Line, Fishman Island included.

I think that in the New World there will be some 20 arcs, because Oda expands his world as he goes along. He himself admitted that he planned OP to last 5 years, and after 13 years we still haven't crossed Red Line (yay!).

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

i voted for 6 big arcs in the NW ....there can't be 13 arcs even if we all want that 'cause we all know that generally an arc lasts a considerably amount of time and even if oda said the NW is at half of the story i don't think that one piece is gonna last for another 10 years...of course i would love if this opinion of mine proves to be wrong... anyway for now i just can't wait for the SH"s to reach the NW 'cause this really extended way to much >_<

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Raftel has yet to be proven to be the last arc.
    Exactly, after WB final words, we can assume that Raftel would be rather the trigger to a much much bigger arc.

I'd say more than 13 (I wouldn't mind 100 arc for all I care, OP is amazing anyway)

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Arc 1. Fishman Island part
    Arc 2. Big Mom part - I think this will be a small part
    Arc 3. Elbaf part - one of Usopp's dream, not a story-changing arc <--- will be a lead up
    Arc 4/5/6/7. New Era, Flamingo part - I want this arc so badly
    Arc 4/5/6/7. Red Haired Pirates part - will they fight?
    Arc 4/5/6/7. Revolutionaries part- Baltigo, Dragon
    Arc 4/5/6/7. Vegapunk part - answers to all the mysteries, it's said on the wikia that Karakuri Island is in the first half but you never know
    Arc 8. Journey to Raftel & Arrival at Raftel part - Void Century, All Blue, One Piece ~ Pirate King
    Arc 9. Return & Trouble with Marines part - Franky's dream, Laboon, World Map, assume that StrawHats will also experience Marine troubles like the Roger Pirates
    Arc 10. Legacy part

I don't think we will see Smoker having his own arc vs the StrawHats
    Zoro & Chopper's dream will be fulfilled at some point. (greatest swordsman and cure any disease)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, 23 arcs for the first half of the series alone, and 17 in the grand line. A lot of people consider the time skip the half way point of the series, so it's possible we could have even 20 arcs until Raftel.

A story arc can be very short (Laboon, Davy Back Fight, Jaya, Whiskey Peak, Loguetown, etc) but some major arcs are significantly longer (Enies Lobby, Whitebeard War).

The things mentioned might be parts of major arcs, but some of the smaller arcs tend to have significant plot elements happen in them too where some of the mysteries might be revealed.

Also i'm not convinced that the series will end at Raftel. The island implies that not many people in the world have made it there, especially living, so i don't see how the island will play as a role to the end of the series, just that the SH will conquer the grand line similar to Roger pirates. The true history part of the story will probably influence the ending of the series.

When Robin asks Rayleigh, he does mention that even if he told them the history as they were at the time they "couldn't do a thing." - so likely the ending they will be powerful enough to do whatever it is one would do knowing the history, which could be many more arcs itself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's going to be two sagas:

The first will be about the first adventures on the new world sea and the new world order:
    • What will happen on the Reverie?
    • Who are the new shichibukai?
    • Who are the remaining yonkou?

I think it's going to result in some huge impact on the story. For example such as an admiral is ultimately defeated, a complete buster call fleet is destroyed taking many vice admirals down or something else. At least something comparable to Dragon appearing at the end of East Blue saga, or like Crocodile was defeated at the end of the Arabasta saga, like Ace died at the end of the third saga. Additionally, the Straw Hats will have first hints on how to get to Raftel.

The last saga will be about the race for becoming the pirate king with probably kid, law and blackbeard in the final arc, and probably a fifth guy yet to be revealed.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackLotus View Post
    Guys, 23 arcs for the first half of the series alone, and 17 in the grand line. A lot of people consider the time skip the half way point of the series, so it's possible we could have even 20 arcs until Raftel.

A story arc can be very short (Laboon, Davy Back Fight, Jaya, Whiskey Peak, Loguetown, etc) but some major arcs are significantly longer (Enies Lobby, Whitebeard War).
    Whitebeard War is a saga not an arc.
    Sagas are combinded arcs, like the CP9 saga is Davy back fight, Water 7, Enies Lobby and Post-Enies Lobby.
    The stories start in the first arc and end in the last (with the exception of the East Blue Saga).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    Whitebeard War is a saga not an arc.
    Sagas are combinded arcs, like the CP9 saga is Davy back fight, Water 7, Enies Lobby and Post-Enies Lobby.
    The stories start in the first arc and end in the last (with the exception of the East Blue Saga).
    Correct, my mistake, i was referring to the marineford arc part of the saga, for some reason thought it was called whitebeard war also, thanks for the correction.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

People here are counting the predicted Arcs as if Luffy is THE ONE and Only person here who has to fight everyone and has to deal with everything.

But what if (for example) not Luffy but another Pirate handles Smoker?

No Smoker Arc for Luffy. So of Course there wont be an extra Arc for each and every special Person...

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast