Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: how many arc left to reach Raftel?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll

1 0.95%

5 4.76%

9 8.57%

7 6.67%

16 15.24%

7 6.67%

10 9.52%

12 11.43%

2 1.90%

1 0.95%

2 1.90%
  • more than 13

33 31.43%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How many story arc left for luffy to reach Raftel?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many story arc left for luffy to reach Raftel?

arc number is farfetched more like how many years to realize one piece. i would say another 10 years would do it since story is half done

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

6 to 8 arc I guess... 13 are too freaking many, though I don't mind it as long as the story stays strong.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post
    6 to 8 arc I guess... 13 are too freaking many, though I don't mind it as long as the story stays strong.
    It took Oda 10 years to reach this far, now way he's gonna warp it up like this.
    3 more sagas IMO. Probably 13/14 arc or even more. Especially since WB implied there will be a shitstorm coming.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well think of it this way. If we assume he's goin to meet all the Yonkou then theres goin to be one arc for each one. that makes 4 right there, Shanks, Big mom, Kaidou and blackbeard. Then there's finding One Piece, which to my belief will have the lost history in it as well. That there is another arc. Once they figure it out then they decide to fight the government one last time to overthrow them because of what they read on the poneglyph. that there is another arc. So if i had to make a guess... after fishman island arc, there is goin to be around 5-7 more arcs.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't vote but I think it would be less than the fisrt half, we had 10 or more introductions to the current Crew (two for robin ... I know it was followed by CP9 and Crocodile but still) and the pre-Grand Line arcs.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually after the last chapter, I think it will be shorter too... I wasn't expecting Luffy to challenge Big Mam this fast, so I don't think it will last for 10 years.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Islands to visit:
    Minkmen
    Wano
    Elbaf
    Raftel

Crews to battle:
    Blackbeard (coinciding with Raftel)
    Big Mom
    Kaidou
    Doflamingo
    Drake (maybe combined with Kaidou)
    Bonney (maybe not)
    Urouge
    Apoo
    Hawkins
    Capone
    Kid
    Law
    Marines Round I (Vice Admirals and under)
    Marines Round II (Admirals, Fleet Admiral, Commander in Chief, Gorosei)

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ok. im new in this forum but im following one piece since it started...and because guys argue which is an arc and which is not, maybe i'll just give which would be major plotlines (would would be longer like sagas or arcs) and minor plotlines (which are mini-arcs or fillers)

my opinion:

major plotlines

after fishman island (coz i dont know which enemy will show up in punk hazard) not in order

1. doflamingo *definitely an enemy*
    2. big mam *friend or foe*
    3. kaido *more likely an enemy*
    4. blackbeard *prolly last fight for strawhats vs. co-pirates*
    5. WG *this might include a full scale war and one on one fights vs admirals, akainu, vice admirals, the attack at marijoies or tenryubiito and gorousei *which i believe is the final fight vs. WG*
    6. vegapunk
    7. enel part 2
    8. return to fishman/destruction
    9. void century / raftel final arc vs whoever is the final boss
    10. revolutionaries and dragon

minor plotlines

1. against smoker and tashigi *smoker wont have an arc*
    2. law *little longer than most mini-storylines*
    3. kidd *little longer than most mini-storylines*
    4. hawkins *little longer than most mini-storylines*
    5. drake
    6. bonney and other supernovas prolly will come in super mini-arcs
    7. crocodile part 2
    8. buggy
    9. red hair pirates *friendly duel*
    10. sengoku and garp
    11. elbaf
    12. wano kuni
    13. return to amazon lily
    14. visit to kamabakka kingdom
    15. marco the phoenix and remnants of whitebeard pirates

*** and maybe 5-6 more fillers or mini-arcs for new nakama plotlines or new characters or just whatever.

one thing im sure is oda will do one piece a long time....longer than 5 years, he enjoys one piece so much he cant keep his own time frame. LOL
    Last edited by beck26; February 22, 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaiSiaoSiao View Post
    You forgot the revolutionaries,the mystery of the will of D and the Void century(Maybe it will unravel when they reach Raftal.
    And kanmati why did u chose to hide the poll results?!
    Exactly my thought, it seems (and I hope too), that One Piece won't be over when they reach Raftel.
    Being the Pirate King does not make you king of the world, only King of large parts of the oceans and pirates, so, will the story end when Luffy become one of the top 3-4 players in the world as Pirate King?

I hope not, I would love to see Luffy as the pirate king for a couple of arcs or more! As long the story won't get milked, but I got huge faith in Oda! Go Oda!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i can only see one more arc happening after he becomes pirate king to be completely honest. after he becomes king, he completely over throws the WG and then end.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    i can only see one more arc happening after he becomes pirate king to be completely honest. after he becomes king, he completely over throws the WG and then end.
    Could see this being the case if a big and grand final arc, worthy of One Piece!

I wonder what will happen when Luffy and his crew learns about the void age, the lost history. It's obviously something so big, that it'll shake the whole manga, even if he managed to become Pirate king first, imho.

Will we get a flashback of how the void age was like? Some of the ancient D's ?

Honestly, if Oda provided us with a void age flashback having focus on some of the D's, I would read it with wide open eyes mumbling something like the lines of "ohhhhhhh, coool", knowing Oda

I really would love to know about the void history, it seems so epic, it's one of the biggest mysteries in One Piece. I would not dislike a whole arc dedicated on it.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Could see this being the case if a big and grand final arc, worthy of One Piece!

I wonder what will happen when Luffy and his crew learns about the void age, the lost history. It's obviously something so big, that it'll shake the whole manga, even if he managed to become Pirate king first, imho.

Will we get a flashback of how the void age was like? Some of the ancient D's ?

Honestly, if Oda provided us with a void age flashback having focus on some of the D's, I would read it with wide open eyes mumbling something like the lines of "ohhhhhhh, coool", knowing Oda

I really would love to know about the void history, it seems so epic, it's one of the biggest mysteries in One Piece. I would not dislike a whole arc dedicated on it.
    i agree, an arc completely dedicated to the void century would be great. which i believe will happen when robin reads the rio ponglyph. it's only normal to do that for us to get a clear picture of what she say's afterall.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    i agree, an arc completely dedicated to the void century would be great. which i believe will happen when robin reads the rio ponglyph. it's only normal to do that for us to get a clear picture of what she say's afterall.
    yeah... I would completely droll the floor in excitement if it happened!
    I'm glad you think it's normal and obvious possibility, gives more hope that Oda actually does it.

But would it be within the story? or after the manga is over?
    For example the manga Shaman King has some revelation and story development after the whole manga was finished, to make the whole work complete.
    Would the same happen to One Piece? or could it possibly be put in between the story?
    Off to ponder about this for a while :3

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

actually i can't see the story working without a detailed flashback without it. I mean it's Robin main journey purpose so the manga will be focusing on it quite intensively. It's actually obvious that each character is goin to get a few chapters for the dreams to be fullfilled. Robin will probably be the last one to get looked at since it seems to be a big part of the actual manga itself... Once they reach raftel, robin will find the rio-poneglyph and as she reads it, were most likely goin to get a flashback. But that can just be my own hopes that are taking over my logic... lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

So if that's the case I guess your logic rubbed off on me since I also think that will happen, as of how many arcs, well since the Grand line entrance we have been in 7 islands so assuming the second half of the grand line has the same number of islands we should get about 6-8 islands with 1 just passed, so about major arcs I do think that Donflamingo will be dealt with in this arc and that will raise all bounties and giving updated pictures to everyone.

Most Supernova's have been mentioned here as a prediction to have mini-arcs yet I think some of them such as Capone or Jewlerry bonney might fall victim to Blackbeard and some like Basil (less focused yet very powerful and quite scary) become a shichibukai.

Drake, Kaido and Vegapunk are some I have a feeling that will be dealt with in the same arc as I have this crazy idea that Vegapunk got an order to find a way of taking powers out of devilfruit users in order to fight off Blackbeard, Drake will find out about them wanting to test it out on Kaido as the "weak" link of the Yonkou.

An arc of Elbaf which is somewhere as long as this arc or a little less, an arc with Shanks and VA's, an arc of WG which will take 3-4 years and include both the Revolutionary army, the will of D. , the void century and battle with the Admirals and then the final arc.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast