Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

Quote Originally Posted by barbapapa View Post
    Matt you would probably like Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru; if you haven't read it yet. I'm almost caught up with it (8/10 books) and it is so enjoyable.
    That series has caught my eye in the past, but JManga has the digital license for it and I just can't bring myself to pay for digital only releases. It doesn't feel like ownership.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

there's an anime of that though, i think it was way back in 2011? but that's beyond the topic at hand.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    That series has caught my eye in the past, but JManga has the digital license for it and I just can't bring myself to pay for digital only releases. It doesn't feel like ownership.
    Yeah I get that 100%. I'm lucky in that I've done work for Jmanga along with the same people who did SoreMachi; so I have access to the files. Just finished the 10th and most recent volume yesterday, I'm gonna miss it.
    Hotori and Josephine are amazing.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I get that 100%. I'm lucky in that I've done work for Jmanga along with the same people who did SoreMachi; so I have access to the files. Just finished the 10th and most recent volume yesterday, I'm gonna miss it.
    Hotori and Josephine are amazing.
    Wow. My words rang quite true. Now that JManga is shutting down and you won't be able to read the books you bought, I'm really glad that I didn't invest in SoreMachi....

------

On topic, chapter 17 is out and it's pretty amazing. Thing got pretty heated there for a minute(no pun intended). I can't quite tell if Outarou is evil, or just selfish. I know I don't dislike him and I can't blame him for being captivated by Ran. And I wonder what he will do when he finds out that Ran is actually a child? I hope that aspect of the story doesn't get dragged on forever. It could quickly become one of those annoying plot points that should be easy to resolve, but is unnaturally extended for whatever reason.
    Last edited by MattC302; March 19, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

really? where's the chapter at?

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. My words rang quite true. Now that JManga is shutting down and you won't be able to read the books you bought, I'm really glad that I didn't invest in SoreMachi....
    Man I'm really debating on whether or not I should start sharing those SoreMachi scans at one point...

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm really debating on whether or not I should start sharing those SoreMachi scans at one point...
    Well, the moment JManga licensed it, it killed any chances for a print license. And a license rescue is HIGHLY unlikely at this point, so I wouldn't feel too bad about sharing if I was you.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but Jmanga was basically just a moniker for a collaboration between a bunch of Japanese publishers; much like how Viz has become a moniker for Shueisha and Shogakukan publications in recent years. My main beef with uploading this, is it getting traced back to me; whereas I still have some stake in continuing working in the industry.
    Like I said, maybe in due time when all of this has totally died down.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but Jmanga was basically just a moniker for a collaboration between a bunch of Japanese publishers; much like how Viz has become a moniker for Shueisha and Shogakukan publications in recent years. My main beef with uploading this, is it getting traced back to me; whereas I still have some stake in continuing working in the industry.
    Like I said, maybe in due time when all of this has totally died down.
    I understand completely.

-----

On topic. I love the art in this chapter(and this manga in general). Ran and her mother are so beautiful. I especially love how their hair is drawn.

---------- Post added March 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was March 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM ----------

Just read chapter 18. I have to feel bad for Outaro. He's head over heels in love with Ran, and it seems pretty obvious that he will have his heart broken once he finds out she is actually a child. It's kind of a shame too, because he will likely go back to womanizing with a vengeance....Well, actually, this doesn't seem like that kind of manga, so perhaps there could be a situation that has a relatively happy ending for both parties.

The relationship drama between Jin and Sango and now Outarou and Ran made me forget all about Hibi, but given his words and actions in this chapter, he's probably going to be the one to inform Outarou about Ran. Unless of course Ran succeeds in making him forget her transformation. And LOL, Hibi really knows how to get on a woman's good side! Calling her fat and grabbing her boobs. Perfect way to win her over....

Funny little extra chapter too. Tomao is another character I kind of forgot about. She hasn't really done much magic teaching to Ran. I wonder if that will ever really get under way, or if she will just lounge around until she is needed for the plot.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibi looked like the More sensible in this chapter. Without betraying Ran secret, he still manage to get her out of Outarou mischief, while still having a little revenge on her. Their next encounter at school will be funny.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Very true. Though mostly because he knows the truth of the delicate situation, Outarou is completely blinded and captivated by Ran at this point, and Ran is as naive and oblivious to the situation as ever.

I can't help but to think the seemingly inevitable "break up" of Ran and Outarou will be just as painful for Ran. She really likes him, though not quite in the same way he does her. Knowing what happens when she gets upset, things are likely to get disastrous.

---------- Post added March 21, 2013 at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was March 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM ----------

Just read chapter 19. I was borderline disappointed in Ran when I thought she was doing this so her relationship with Outarou wouldn't be jeopardized, but finding out that she was really just afraid that she wouldn't be able to be friends with Hibi anymore alleviated those thoughts. Even though most of the chapter was them fighting, it's still great interaction for the two characters. It was also pretty funny.
    Last edited by MattC302; March 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm loving every inch of this manga!

First, I was very surprised at how Jin and Sango's romance wound up! I didn't think it would reach that level, lol. But then again, it's seinen, and considering Jin to have an animal inside him, he might just have had to bypass certain social decorum? I didn't expect Sango to be young though. I always thought she was a hundred years old like I'm assuming the rest of the sorceresses are- including Ran's mom?

Next, Outarou and Ran's relationship. You really can't blame Outarou for being so smitten, I can imagine how magical it must be to behold a grown-up Ran. (Btw, I applaud the mangaka for really making Ran (and her mom) pop out of the panels). I enjoyed the part where Outarou wanted to meet Ran's parents and he lays eyes on the mom and she's friggin' pretty haha. (It's like, while reading the manga, I really really believe that the mom is so beautiful and lights up everything around her. )

You also can't blame Ran for liking Outarou, because she's treated like a princess, he gives her everything she wants, when at home she's just a child bound by many rules. Although she cannot distinguish what she's feeling yet- since, she's not mature enough.

I'm actually very curious as to what the mom was thinking when Outarou expressed intentions of marriage. And the father didn't care, he just dotes on his daughter, asking if Outarou thought she was cute, not at all concerned what he was there for, lol.

I thought Jin was the sanest member of the family but after his succumbing to heat, i don't know. haha. Maybe he'll get back to his usual, rational self when the mating season is over. But I do like Sango and him together.

There is still the darkness that looms ahead for Outarou. I think it's going to be a big conflict because that bug threatens the magical realm. It's going to be a heated battle for sure, one that might involve Ran defending Outarou from the rest of the magical folk. And there's foreshadowing that Ran is very powerful, even her mother seems to consider it very seriously (when she infected everyone with a happy spell).

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes this chapter was quite cute (especially the Toc page)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow this manga picked up steam again? Glad to see we have more releases, got to catch up as soon as I find some free time. How long before we catch up to the releases?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Wow this manga picked up steam again? Glad to see we have more releases, got to catch up as soon as I find some free time. How long before we catch up to the releases?
    They just started scanning volume 4 with chapter 19, and chapter 24 will be the the start of volume 5, which isn't out yet in Japan, but the scanlator says they are looking for magazine raws to continue regular releases. They say they will probably finish volume 4 before volume 5 comes out.
    Last edited by MattC302; March 21, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast