Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

three chapters???

who, what, where??

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like so much how this author covers all fronts of his story. On one front there is a huge dramatic disaster about to come, and all adults are deeply worried about and working on it; but at the same time, there is a little girl who fight for keeping her promise to help her friend. I don't think she understand what is at stake with the bugs. On her side, the drama is about losing a beloved friend. And in the interaction of both sides of the story, those both dramas keeps its consistency.

Also the author let us know Outaru wants to love and make love to the Ran he knows. On the understanding of a lonely charming girl, Ran has had a great time with him, and because of that she has made of him a beloved friend. There is nothing inappropriate here, since sure it would be nice to see Outaru's reaction if he comes to know Ran's true identity. Anyway, we have the eyes, actions and thoughts of a mature pervy playboy and those of a little girl happy to have a friend. Also here the author has been able to create a entertaining and believable interaction between both characters with out losing or ruining neither of the both characters.

All of it mixed in a world of fantastic magic, and Hibi's hug is a golden moment of that kids side of the story. Someone commented on Batoto:

Quote Quote:

I feel like I'm reading a Miyazaki film... It's so good...
    That is so true. In the end, it's about the kids. Not for nothing all warriors have been able to see Mr. Pudding flying through the night.
    Last edited by ukimix; August 21, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Great batch of chapters. With every chapter, I love Ran more and more. She's a great character. A great protagonist. I REALLY hope she is able to save Outarou.

I think someone mentioned this before, but it is kind of funny that this is called a "magical battle comedy", considering how tense things are right now.

Those White Dog guys were boss, but even they couldn't do anything do that giant bug black hole. I wonder if these mysterious new guys will be able to pull off some crazy awesome magic to slow it down until Ran can make her move. Ran's mom also needs to wake up. She can't just sleep through all this. I mean, she did make that barrier, but somehow, I think she will do something else in the end. Maybe just back Ran up and guide her.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

okay I just read the three chapters.

Hibi

But I also like Ran in her adult form because I like the juxtaposition or something- or how people treat her differently in that form and it brings all sorts of amusement into the fray.

I'm actually concerned for Outarou because, I really don't hate him. He's an interesting character, and truly, madly, head-over-heels in love with Ran for who he knew her to be.

And how badass is it when Zen and his guys walk into the Mayor's office?

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rethinking about the comparison between Miyasaki and this comic.. the point is that beyond some differences, in this comic, in the middle of a war between ancients bugs and sorceresses and werewolves and black crow guys, a hug given to a little girl by his loyal little friend was the shiniest moment. Which is pretty much a main topic in some Miyasaki's films; the actions of a kid in the middle of an epic scenario or battle.

I think the tag "magical battle commedy" doesn't describe well all the tension displayed neither the insensitivity of the actions. Wasn't that tag an editor comment?
    Last edited by ukimix; August 22, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Seing the fox once again made me wonder how come Jin transforms into a wolf when every male from the clan seems to be Tengu until now. But I guess the new guys who appear on the last chapter will prove once again the imagination of the mangaka and show us new kinds of magic/transformation

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i thought about that too. how will jin's story come about when it seems the dogs are a completely different clan. but then i thought maybe they're all white dogs. and jin is a bit different?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Jin was raised by them to protect Rin? Or something? He seems a lot like his father though, so I wonder where that comes from...

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone reading or have read Gunjou Gakusha from the same author? I just read the available chapters on the web. The first one brings another wolf/fox boy. But story 6, The Forest of Wonders, is a little jewel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Is anyone reading or have read Gunjou Gakusha from the same author? I just read the available chapters on the web. The first one brings another wolf/fox boy. But story 6, The Forest of Wonders, is a little jewel.
    Yeah, I read that. The short stories are kind of hit or miss with me, but none outright bad. My favorites are, 'Teacher, I...', 'Pink Chocolate', 'White Fire', and 'Ninon's Crush'. I don't love it like I do Ran to Haiiro no Sekai, but it was/is definitely worth my time.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Colouring work by the mangaka (5 vids the whole work):

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I remember watching this before I even knew the series. Great stuff. Always love seeing stuff like that.
    Gotta check out the the author's other works. Don't even care about the story. It's worth it for the art alone.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to read interviews and all kind of info about him and his life. (Same with Ashinano Hitoshi, but I can't find a single note of him beyond mangaupdates and wiki.)

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

2 new chapters are out!!

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

After having seen those great chapters with that huge door and the cool magic used by Ran's mom to keep it closed, the chrysalids taking control of Outaro, the massacre of all those guys in the forest, and all those hints of Ran's powerful magic skill, I'm not amused with Lord Zen ending the whole bugs thing with one strike. Ok, I know it's not a shounen, but honestly I was waiting for something different.... But it seems it's no over yet...

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast