Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

Yes, Lord Zen's hammer was a bit anti-climactic, but I think it was just a device- since apparently things are still not over. Also because Lady Shizuka was asleep the entire time. And now she's finally up.

But oh wow, props to Outarou for pulling that friggin thing out of his spine! That made me cringe!

It seems that Ran, through this ordeal, has had deeper emotions for Outarou too...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally step back my words from the previous week...

Spoiler show

---------- Post added October 07, 2013 at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was October 06, 2013 at 11:31 AM ----------

Chapter 33 already out: http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/ra...ld-chapter-33/

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

The guys from Pretty Anon are caught up. The next Ran chapter comes out next week in Harta.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I read all those chapters in a row, I wouldn't have bear such a cliffhanger !
    Ran flowers and the coming out of the insectman were really beautiful.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that was beautiful! I also enjoyed the third-person view used in telling us how the insect revived and could beat Ran's Dad and Mom, etc. This is a great story, no doubt.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

that was indeed a very action-filled three chapters that stopped my heart in every panel! like, the mangaka could be the type to really kill off the parents, I wouldn't know, so I would believe if that's really how he put it. haha. And Ran's flowers Okay so I believe in Ran's feelings now... Hibi, so sorry.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

If someone wants the scans of vol 5, visit Futari's site here: http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/ra...olume-5-batch/

New chapter out: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/201365/...wa-pretty-anon

What a thrilling battle!!!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

just read chapter 34. I had to reread the last couple of chapters because I was confused as to how people suddenly sprang back to life. haha.

Hmm, so this means that Outarou is now free of the insect right? And he's probably back to normal?

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    just read chapter 34. I had to reread the last couple of chapters because I was confused as to how people suddenly sprang back to life. haha.

Hmm, so this means that Outarou is now free of the insect right? And he's probably back to normal?
    That's my understanding too. Or....

Spoiler show

It's just that I'm in the run for the Most High Quality poster, so I have to help me.... Now you can vote me

---------- Post added November 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was October 22, 2013 at 01:52 PM ----------

What a shame the author make of Outarou aware of Ran age... Not even in the last moment is ok. I was hopping for that moment in which he learns about her age... something that would be like Outaru recognizing he couldn't be in love of a 10 years old little girl. As a healthy sensible man would properly do. But, do we have to believe now that the age is not important if you are truly in love? Sorry but I don't buy it. I don't care if it's cultural believe or not, or if in Japan this is seen with other eyes. It's simply not right, and the manga, which was absolutely fantastic until this chapter, gets a totally ruined one to me. I really feel sorrow for it. It was so beautiful... What a incredible stupid decision by the author!!
    Last edited by ukimix; October 23, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I think it depends on just how long he knew of her age. I think he became aware after he genuinely fell in love with her as a person. And as he lay dying, he still loved her as a person, regardless of her age. I don't think it was portrayed as anything inappropriate. I'm not bothered by it. I think Outarou had good character development. He was a shady playboy at the beginning, but because of Ran, he changed for the better in the end. I think that's the real take away here.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to understand it that way you say: he first felt in love and later he became aware of her age. But then, I couldn't stop thinking that his behavior after becoming aware of it is weird. I mean, what would have happen if he meets Ran in his normal little girl mode? Do I have to understand that because her love is beautiful and pure she can be kissed in the way the adult Ran was kissed in this chapter? or that he can kiss her in that way because of his feelings? Would the author have drawn a passionate kiss between little Ran and adult Outaru?

I suppose the size of the body should have not made any difference here. Mainly because if the story is about love, you don't love a body but a soul. I think in what a 10 years old girl can say and thought and feel about live and death and I honestly can't make myself any reasonable idea of a sane adult falling in love of her or keep being in love of her once he knows what's her age.

I understand it was not portrayed as something inappropriate, and I do really would like to understand the author's idea, but I can't.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 16, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I understand it was not portrayed as something inappropriate, and I do really would like to understand the author's idea, but I can't.
    That's perfectly understandable. There is no magic age-changing people in real life, so the in-story situation is difficult to properly apply our morals to. I wouldn't trouble yourself over it though. There's probably only like 2 chapters left, unless the author intends to start a new arc and a 7th volume.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I was not really disturb by this scenario especially since we know he is dying and he never saw Ran in her child form. This is quite a satisfying ending since their story was impossible from the start.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it strickes again. That's a candy chapter! It's fun that such a liar has a magic related to heal broken hearts... I wonder who has a broken heart there.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he may be a new prince charming for our sleeping princess. His microscope was impressive. I guess Ran parents about him but in good or in bad ?

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, when Ran wakes up, she will want to tell Outaru what she planned to tell and will find he's dead. That's the broken heart. But I do hope the author won't create another kind of romantic situation between Ran and an adult. I'd prefer if he has some role in some kind of situation between Ran and Hibi.

This story challenges my understanding.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast