Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ran to Haiiro no Sekai by IRIE Aki

yeah that part about the story, the romance angle between adult and kid-who-looks-adult served its comedic purposes, the hijinks and plot devices. But I now understand why the author had to kill outarou. Because that's what all it was for- initially comedy, and perhaps the battle to serve as an introduction to the whole gray world. Through the battle we were able to see that there were many clans besides the crows, and many other sorceresses, and it opened up the story into many different directions after that- he just had to get rid of outarou because that was also a bit iffy, romance between ran and an adult.

So I guess the mangaka played it well.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Comedic purposes, that's a good view of all the thing about Ran and Outaru. Reading back again the previous chapter, the last left panel of this page is the most important there; even after the kiss Ran keeps being a little girl and she behave just like a little girl; for her the kiss doesn't have the same meaning than for adults. From that view it's funny scene. I haven't see it that way.

In fact, Ran still keep being able to turn herself to her adult mode. So likely the author will exploit that angle once more, given that is an important premise of the story.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read up to chapter 40 today. Ran has really transformed, even in child mode.

now, the thing about the insects, manga says it's gone forever. So I guess we'll have a different arc this time around... guesses, anyone?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

bump. so... I'm up to chapter 42...

and what a sudden change of character for Ran. but i think it's only the start of yet another arc. What can you say about her sudden change in personality? It's like she became her mom all of a sudden.

Speaking of mom, her mom didn't appear at all in that chapter. But she's alive, if I remember correctly.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6