Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think there will now be a new fourth Emperor, if yes, who?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you think there will now be a new fourth Emperor, if yes, who?

I've moved this thread to the One Piece section based on Lone Lobo's and the OP's request. If you think this is more suitable for another section, PM me and I can move it again.

On-topic: Yonkou seems to be more of a title given by the WG than an official organization. If that's true, then depending on how infamous BB has gotten he might've been named the new Yonkou. Who knows? Either way, two years is enough time for BB to become as influential as the Yonkou if he wants to...after all, he's been planning this for a while, so maybe he had all the steps ready and enacted them during the timeskip to rise to the top.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard will probably be viewed as a Yonkou by the World Government, but that'll be about it. Teach is aiming to be Pirate King, if the other 2 Yonkou we've yet to see anything of are anything like Whitebeard and Shanks, it would seem they aren't interested in getting to Raftel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

the answer was given in the last chapter:
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/13

Yonka & Yonka2 : so two candidates are currently fighting for that spot.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe there will be. It's simply not significant in the storyline. As other people have suggested, it's just a title to refer to the most potent pirate crews.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the five elder stars said that there were a lot of pirates who wanted to become the new fourth emperor,and Blackbeard was the strongest.he's strong like an admiral and the level of strngth is:
    1)king of pirates;2)emperor ;3)fleet admiral(strong as Dragon);4)admiral;5)shicibukai;6)vice-admiral.
    Blackbeard or rufy will become the new emperor,but for rufy it's too soon.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we don;t know if Kaido's even alive after Shanks paid him a visit so if he is the fouth is probably Blackbeard or maybe Jimbei. Caus he went out to sea with his crew so maybe he is the new yonko. Another possibility is even Marco of the WB.

BTW pfft People ENEL ain;t comin back he went to fairy vearth or something, he's probably sippin pina's and gettin stoned all day.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Blackbeard as well.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot187 View Post
    Well we don;t know if Kaido's even alive after Shanks paid him a visit
    Kaido is surely alive! Shanks had with him only a little fight,and as Shanks has come to the war and he was "healthy" he could have killed another emperor,otherwise he would have been wounded!!!
    Shanks is a man who doesn't kill a man like this and anyway,if another emperor had been killed,the world would have known it immediately,while according to "these",we know he's alive http://www.mangareader.net/103-56333...apter-595.html .

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omnion_1990's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    oi nice sig.
    there is a new emperor,http://www.mangareader.net/103-57801...apter-598.html here the barman said "where the four emperor reside". thats mean they're still four.
    I think about 2 people Blackbeard ofcourse, and Enel(if he came on the blue sea during the timeskip, he definitly have the level to be a yonkou).
    No it doesn't. There's no conclusive proof that there's a new emperor. Four emperors is a static word - Yonkou. Hence why the people who scanlated it put it in inverted commas. It's not supposed to be taken literally as "the number 4" then emperors. Shanks is a yonkou, even after whitebeard died (1 yonkou dead) shanks was still a yonkou or part of the "4 emperors" meaning one of the yonkou can still die and the living would be refereed to as the "four emperors" not "sankou".

Note: im not saying that there isnt another yonkou as the term is coined to the 4 most powerful pirates in the new world (grandline), and another pirate could take the seat if he/she/it had enough power to overthrow marco/whitebeard pirates. im just saying the old man saying where the "four kings" reside doesnt necessarily mean there's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    the five elder stars said that there were a lot of pirates who wanted to become the new fourth emperor,and Blackbeard was the strongest.he's strong like an admiral and the level of strngth is:
    1)king of pirates;2)emperor ;3)fleet admiral(strong as Dragon);4)admiral;5)shicibukai;6)vice-admiral.
    Blackbeard or rufy will become the new emperor,but for rufy it's too soon.

Lol, that's not the strength level. Garp, a vice-admiral, was strong enough to confront roger (king of pirates) and fight without getting thrashed. even though he declined admiral promotion, his rank was vice-admiral. Also whitebeard, said to be the strongest pirate alive by many equated an admiral (akainu) blow for blow, the latter even incinerating a chunk of whitebeards head off. And kizaru, another admiral, was playing with whitebeard and looking away when within a metre of him.

then we have sengoku (ex-fleet admiral) who #'*&$ slapped ALL of the blackbeard pirates with one shock-wave. My point is it is very hard to seperate out the power-levels at the higher end of the spectrum. ace was able to negate smoker, a captain then, and then negate an admiral (aokiji) but then got slapped by akainu.
    Last edited by Omnion_1990; January 06, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omnion_1990 View Post
    Lol, that's not the strength level. Garp, a vice-admiral, was strong enough to confront roger (king of pirates) and fight without getting thrashed. even though he declined admiral promotion, his rank was vice-admiral. Also whitebeard, said to be the strongest pirate alive by many equated an admiral (akainu) blow for blow, the latter even incinerating a chunk of whitebeards head off. And kizaru, another admiral, was playing with whitebeard and looking away when within a metre of him.

then we have sengoku (ex-fleet admiral) who #'*&$ slapped ALL of the blackbeard pirates with one shock-wave. My point is it is very hard to seperate out the power-levels at the higher end of the spectrum. ace was able to negate smoker, a captain then, and then negate an admiral (aokiji) but then got slapped by akainu.
    in facts Garp was at an admiral's level.about whitebeard and the admirals,remember that whitebeard defeated in a flash Aokiji,the strongest of the 3,and when akainu hit him,it was because Wb was hurt and had an illness,the same for Kizaru,he hit him when he was hurt.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omnion_1990's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

in facts Garp was at an admiral's level.about whitebeard and the admirals,remember that whitebeard defeated in a flash Aokiji,the strongest of the 3,and when akainu hit him,it was because Wb was hurt and had an illness,the same for Kizaru,he hit him when he was hurt.

Yes I know Garp was "admiral level" and perhaps beyond, but his RANK was vice-admiral. You're equating pure ranks into power, I'm saying you cant' because there's so many variables. And whitebeard did barely anything to Aokiji (who isn't the strongest admiral). He threw a vibration shock wave at him, which didnt do much, and then "stabbed" him with a polearm, which didnt much as well. He was at a stalemate with Aokiji.

akainu > ace = aokiji therefore akainu wins
    Hell weve even since what magma did to the large block of ice.
    Pretty sure being a light man means kizaru is made of photons so freezing him in ice would be pointless since he would be able to escape.
    Last edited by Omnion_1990; January 10, 2011 at 12:57 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Astral_Shive's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you guys think Marco can be a new Yonkou ?
    He does have power to fight against admirals....

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Shive View Post
    Don't you guys think Marco can be a new Yonkou ?
    He does have power to fight against admirals....
    there were some people who already considered this possibility me included ^_^...i definitely think he's one of the best options for this position 'cause i'm thinking that now he is the leader of the WB pirates and that maybe he is now protecting some of the islands that WB protected when he was alive

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

in the latest chapter it's been said that there are still 4 emerors,so the first part of the thread's question is done for.

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

in the latest chapter it's been said that there are still 4 emerors,so the first part of the thread's question is done for.
    Yes Pappug said in the new chapter here.

Although I would not take the term "Four Emperors" so lightly in Japanese they are called Yonkou if there is no forth emperor then they should have a different name, but if we are judging by the name then yes there are four now, except we don't know who is the fourth. If you ask me I am not sure if some others are still Yonkou, I mean two years is a period of time that can change many things. Who knows even Shanks might not be still one. But that would be too much.

Like I said judging by the term we still should think there are four. Although that is questionable. I mean were there always four, if there weren't, who were the previous ones? Bottom line is we don't really know much about them as a group, more individually, so we can't really judge or discuss on them as a group. Yes I know they don't work together, but there should be some standards to how one "becomes" a Yonkou, right? If so who are they, one that was speculated was that Blackbeard was one because he killed one of them(Whitebeard), but this still does not explain much to how the others got to be called that.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast