Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Are Ichigo's sisters blood related?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Ichigo's sisters blood related?

hey guys after reading recent chapters, I starting to think that ichigo's sisters are not blood related, infact isshin only has 1 child which is Ichigo. The reason i think this way as if we read chapter 413, why would Tensai pronounce karin as Lady Karin and want both the Urahara kids to be quiet?? Don't you find that suspicious.....plus why would Tensai use the honorific "lady" for Karin? As in Japan culture one would only use "lady" unless she is a very important person of high status like royalty.....

How you all think?? Is it possible that both Yuzu and Karin are not blood related to Ichigo and Isshin and they might be daughters of the Spirit King?
    Last edited by meow79; December 16, 2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: prefix

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are Ichigo's sisters blood related?

Quote Originally Posted by meow79 View Post
    hey guys after reading recent chapters, I starting to think that ichigo's sisters are not blood related, infact isshin only has 1 child which is Ichigo. The reason i think this way as if we read chapter 413, why would Tensai pronounce karin as Lady Karin and want both the Urahara kids to be quiet?? Don't you find that suspicious.....plus why would Tensai use the honorific "lady" for Karin? As in Japan culture one would only use "lady" unless she is a very important person of high status like royalty.....

How you all think?? Is it possible that both Yuzu and Karin are not blood related to Ichigo and Isshin and they might be daughters of the Spirit King?
    Karin is the daughter of isshin and sister of ichigo which both of them have considerable strenght and fame. Isshin seems to have been close with Urahara and Ichigo had a casual friendship with urahara. Tessai has always been polite and honoring her family with calling her like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously they are daughter of Isshin, and so far we dont even know the kings physique to say that he will have man like body and hence a human girl like daughter.
    Tessai was simply showing respect to karin being isshins daugher and ichigos sister
    and karin was always the cocky kind so generally ppl are like that toward s the preppy brats in the manga. If it was real brat holding up that kind of mighty air i would have sternly showed the door (though lately she has downed a lot)
    Moreover for all we know Yuzu cant even sense Ghost(now whether she has dormant power or not is not the issue, she hasnt shown anything, not even a tincture, so speculating here is baseless ) and i cant see the daughter of the most powerful entity wont be able sense ghost or any sort of reatsu

personally i think you are over thinking and estimating the whole scenario based on one reply from tessai
    (hope i didnt offend your way of thinking or sth)
    Last edited by shaheer; December 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's obvious that they are his real sisters. Ichigo didn't start having a very high spiritual pressure till he was a teenager. I mean he still had a high one for his age en he was little, but it didn't really get noticeable till his teens. His little sister is now just starting to get hers to the point where hollows won't leave her alone anymore either. so if anything. this prooves that they are his real sisters. It would surprise me if his family is royalty, but i'm not thinking its something related to the king. I'm thinking his family is something like the byakuya families and other such families. they just don't bother themselves with soul society.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm what? Sorry but I highly doubt Ichigo's sister aren't related to him or each other.

Karin has Isshin's hair color while Yuzu has her mother's hair color. It is also easy to see the family resemblance between the 3 siblings.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meow79 View Post

I don't quite understand why such a comment would make you suspicious of such a thing. I was under the impression he was just being polite and didn't want the kids to interrupt the conversation.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't quite understand why such a comment would make you suspicious of such a thing. I was under the impression he was just being polite and didn't want the kids to interrupt the conversation.
    Yeah I figured that he was either being polite or sarcastic. I didn't get the vibe that she or any member of Isshin's family were royalty. Granted Kubo could go in that direction but let's hope not. That would be incredibly cliche.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giady's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Ichigo could not be the real brother of Yuzu and Karin, his looks is very different and unusual, Ichigo was able to see souls for as long as he could remember, as a child, he could not tell the living from the dead and he had and has a very strong reatsu...while Karin and Yuzu are very much like their parents...and Ichigo's birth is shrouded in mystery...this could be a possibility...but the Ichigo's shinigami powers are very similar to those of his father...so I am very confused...but there could be thousands of possibilities...( for example Ichigo could be the son of an alleged brother of Isshin and to have a special story behind)...I just want to say that the possibilities are endless...because Kubo kept everything secret on Ichigo, his birth, Isshin etc...and for me he did it on purpose...because it will probably be a twist...I could be wrong but all the clues suggest this so far...but I'm sure that yuzu and Karin are related, my doubts are on Ichigo
    Last edited by Giady; January 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

they are twins , fraternal twins but still twins so how can they be not related lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

@Giady, if you saw the latest chapter you notice that Yuzu is looking more and more like a female Ichigo/their mom. She's definitely his sister. And Karin is gonna take after Isshin instead with the black hair. The only way Ichigo could be different is if Masaki was attacked by a Hollow when she was pregnant with him, making him a Fullbringer in addition to everything else. But we haven't had the slightest hint of him being such, which makes the latest chapter confusing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giady's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Serenade: I said that I could be wrong, but this could be a possibility, only kubo know the truth...I have my doubts on Ichigo...I hope that soon we can discover the truth on ichigo, Isshin and his family...it is true that Yuzu is very similar to the mother...But for me Ichigo is different in some aspects so I haven't certainties...because Kubo kept everything secret on Ichigo, his birth, Isshin etc...and for me he did it on purpose...because it will probably be a twist...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want the sisters to get shinigami powers I think Karin has because of the visit to the shop.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that it's overthinking. They are family and they are blood related. And Tessai is just polite. Urahara and Tessai always speak with Ichigo in polite way. I'd say that his father is from some important clan, so they address his kids in a polite way, cause they are the part of his family.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course they are. Karin looks just like Isshin and Yuzu looks just like Masaki. Plus, Karin is starting to awaken her shinigami powers. Yuzu probably takes after her mother (i.e. a straight-up human).

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think even Yuzu should have shinigami powers, though very weak and may get to see Hollows after her brother will regain his Shinigami powers and her sister will get real shinigami powers, cause all the family will affect Yuzu, she will get more reiatsu and eventually will see Hollows.

New Reply