Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    For the next mangahelpers awards, let's forbid votes in all categories for any manga which won at least one award (from the global list, from the modo list or from the MH Stars list).
    Hm... somehow it's a very interesting thought to ban all the obviously popular choices for a season. Perhaps that could be made a special event (maybe with less categories) some day.

For the usual awards, I think that this isn't doable. A majority of voters would only know one or two choices per category if at all probably, I don't think that it would be good.

If this could result in a special event in the future, it would need different rules to follow. Like making a brief introduction into the manga for every nomination mandatory, as well as more time before the voting begins to give people the possibility to peek at some of the nominees, as probably many unknown manga would be part of that.
    This is pure personal speculation though, thanks for the input.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Prince:

I unfortunately didn't even know of the existence of manga/anime back in the 80's and 90's at that time (cries! I now can't live without manga/anime, hehe. thank you school friends chatting about DBZ in class in ~ year 2000'ish, yep that was my introduction to the wonderful world of anime/manga!!!), and haven't read/watched any or nearly any from back then (I think the oldest animes I've watched were DB and Hellsing but I'm too lazy to look up their dates and other animes' dates), but I agree with you never the less. because...

in the U.S., the 80's and 90's WERE the *GOLDEN YEARS* (*Golden Years*) of movies, tv shows (yes, actual series with good stories/plots too except their budgets ran out and weren't completed, ARGH!, lol), and electronic games! Absolute Classics that remain better then almost much stuff nowadays! The U.S. actually made stuff with actual quality stories, back then, unlike most stuff nowaways.

(if you agree and know about 80's+90's U.S. stuff and are interested, I'd love to chat with you about it as I have lots of stuff to mention/talk about hehe. we could compared our favorites )

and from reading your post it seems the same was true in Japan as well with their manga/anime.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; February 06, 2011 at 02:00 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Villain- Orochimaru(Naruto)
    Everything about him is evil and creepy. The words he uses, the way his tongue comes out, his crazy eyes and of course the snakes

Best Plot twist- Itachi(Naruto) is really a good guy.
    i was shocked when it happen. He went from a Badass Villain to a guy who dedicated his life to Konoha and his little brother

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Late nominations are late.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. >.<
    How do I vote?

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, the MangaHelpers Manga Awards is already over! However, you may participate in the currently ongoing MangaHelpers Anime Awards and vote in the polls that can be found here

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sad I missed the manga awards! D:
    But I'm glad I made it in time for the anime awards.
    Voting finished. n_n

10. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28