Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards Discussion Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zura113's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Xman View Post
    Thank you for your hard work :>

I have a question:
    If I wanted to add a vote or maybe change it, do I edit my original post or add another reply ?

In case I have to post a reply for the extra vote,
    Best Female Supporting Character:
    Kagura from Gintama, that girl is awesome in so many levels, and you don't want to screw with her.

Another note:
    I think my vote for the Best new series is missing, I voted for Ao no Exorcist
    Um if I'm not mistaken, one of the moderators mentioned in a later post that you can only vote for a manga that began in 2010. Ao no Exorcist began in 2009
    Just clearing the doubt

I'd like to add something
    Best couple - Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye, from Fullmetal Alchemist. Even though there's no ROMANCE, the way their relationship goes on and builds up and their joint involvement in the series is a plus point, in my opinion. I just feel happy seeing them together
    Last edited by zura113; December 18, 2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    だれですか? xD

"Don't live in forgotten times
    Let's make this our story, let's live in the glory
    Time, it fades away,
    Precious as a song
    'Cause someday we'll be gone ..."

I'm currently addicted to

Gintama
    Bleach
    D.Gray Man
    Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
    Kuroshitsuji
    Bishonens/Shonen-ai
    Everything by Square Enix xD
    PSP, Xbox 360

My dA -> http://uchiha-itachi111.deviantart.com

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fomano's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to put some things on my list, it is still possible to put them?

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Great competition and really good choices so far

Best Male Lead: I do support everyone who voted for Gutts, he's absolutely awesome. Nevertheless I would like to nominate Naruto Uzumaki from "Naruto". I really like his kind character and his strong will to never give up. Sure you can question some of his thoughts (like the whole Sasuke thing...) but as a whole, he's definitely one awsome dude (yeah I'm a bit of a fanboy )

Best Male Supporting Character:
    Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Askeladd from Vinland Saga. (This is his final nomination choice
    )

Ustegius already suggested Grimmer (great job there!), that leaves me the option to vote for another great character. I'm not sure if he falls under the supporter role, if not I would like to nominate another character. It's Akiyama from "Liar Game". He has a very kind heart and a fascinating intelligence, I'm loving how he works together with Nao.

Akiyama from Liar Game is considered to be a Lead character, so he's not allowed for this category, so that's why he's scratched out

Shikamaru Nara from Naruto for Best Male Supporting Character has been added as you requested for the change
    (he changed again, to Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist
    )

Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist
    (he changes this to his final nomination choice of Askeladd from Vinland Saga
    )

His Final nomination choice (after many changes), is Askeladd from Vinland Saga

Best Female Lead: Clare is already nominated so my vote goes to Kurokami Medaka from "Medaka Box". She's ridiculous in every way, her actions always makes one smile, laugh or crying.

Best Female Supporting Character: Well female supporters are mostly underrated because the mangaka doesn't give much attention to them. One exception for me is Schierke from "Berserk". She's still a kid, but her sometimes childish behaviour makes her funny and cute. Aside from that, she's the most helpful/useful member in Gutts group and her magic is always epic

Best Shoujo Manga: Well the only Shoujo I've ever read is "Vampire Knight", so my vote is very very subjective. Nevertheless I would still like to nominate it, because I think it was a very interesting manga till some certain points.

Best Shounen Manga: Very difficult choice. I think my vote will go to Fullmetal Alchemist, because I never really liked Arakawa's drawing (and the artstyle is something very important for me) but just loved FMA. It's epic and without a question one of the best mangas out there atm.

Best Seinen Manga: I would love to give my vote to Berserk (because it's definitely and by far the best Seinen) but it already has some votes. I will use the chance and nominate "Vinland Saga" because the plot is very captivating and has one of the best villains I've seen so far.

Best Hairstyling: My vote goes to Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Amano's hair drawings are great and I especially love Tsuna's and Byakuran's hair

Best Costume Design:: Again I nominate Hitman Reborn, because the outfits are always very stylish and I just love the mafia outfits.

Best Villain:
    his final nomination is Griffith from Berserk

Johann and Grifith are some great choices but I would like to nominate Askeladd from "Vinland Saga". He's a very intriguing character and, not like most of the villains, isn't absolutely evil. His sacrifice shows that he isn't a selfish person but does things for a greater good.
    (he changes it to Griffith from Berserk
    )

Best Fight: Another hard one, because there are just too many epic fights. My vote will go to Naruto vs. Pain, because I loved every bit of the fight. It was stamped by tactic but nevertheless epic and captivating.

The rest will come to a later point.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 31, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I let some fields missing in order to think and see what will people nominate and act according to that.
    That's why I will add:
    Best Female Supporting Character: +1 to naruto-niichan for Schierke from Berserk.

Best Costume Design: Fairy Tail.
    they have some amazing costumes and they don't stick with the same clothes (well Natsu does -__-)

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fomano View Post
    I forgot to put some things on my list, it is still possible to put them?
    yes. go back and edit your old post, or make a new one.

if you're going to change your nominations, just please leave something to let us know your changing it.

something like this:

My original nomination was:

but, now I want to change it to this:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also, everyone, you can still choose what's already been nominated, as it'll get additional votes for its nomination. remember we're taking the top 5 nominations with the most votes for every each category. (and then we'll do the actual voting "contest" afterwards)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 18, 2010 at 08:48 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fomano's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The rest of the list

Best Male Supporting - L from Death Note - I don't really think that he is a supporting character, but he is the most important character of Death Note (in my opinion)

Best Female Supporting - Sumiko Sumimura from Kekkaishi - Yoshimori's mother and one of the most enigmatic characters from Kekkaishi, she knows every secret in the Kekkaishi universe and is super powerful

Best Shoujo Manga - Bitter Virgin - Really touching and a friend of mine has very in common with the protagonist

Best Chapter - Bleach 421 - The Final Getsuga Tensho, Aizen defeated and pissed off (for the first time) and Urahara showing that he's really the most badass character in Bleach (I have considered only the chapters released in 2010)

Best Hairstyling - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Some are so fluid that it looks like you're watching a movie and there are so many different hairstyles.

Best Costume Design - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Something that you can't deny about Reborn is the characters style, and now the Vongola Gears especially Gokudera's have shown how creative Amano can be

Best Full Cast - One Piece - It's a big Universe with tons of characters and each one is so different, Strawhat Crew and their charisma deserve my vote

Best Artwork - Vagabond - I can't explain why, but I think it is the best
    Last edited by Fomano; December 18, 2010 at 04:03 PM.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ryzvonusef's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Male Lead
    Uzumaki Naruto from Naruto
    Seriously, Naruto is a very good hero, people just hate him because of all the hype.

Best Male Supporting Character
    Shichiro Ougi from Kekkaishi
    First I wanted to go with Sumimura Masamori, but then I realised that Ougi was more deserving of this category.

Best Female Lead
    Yukimura Tokine from Kekkaishi
    How many heroines have you seen go on solo missions?

Best Female Supporting Character
    Sumimura Sumiko from Kekkaishi
    She chucks Dragon Land Gods the size of Shenlong for teh Lulz, seriously, she is awesome.

Best Shoujo Manga
    None read.

Best Shounen Manga
    Kekkaishi

Best Josei Manga
    None read.

Best Seinen Manga
    Is Holyland a Seinen Manga?

Best Hairstyling
    Psyren

Best Costume Design
    Fullmetal Alchemist

Best Villain
    Father from FullmetalAlchemist

Best Fight
    Naruto
    Spoiler show

Best Kiss
    Um, Naruto and Sasuke? Not really sure I have seen any character in the manga I have read actually kiss.

Best Color Page
    Chapter 503 Cover spread from Naruto
    (The Uzumaki Family Scene)

Best Double-Spread
    Chapter 429, Page 6-7 from Naruto
    (Pain floating over Konoha, Konoha is drawn in awesome detail)

Best Chapter
    Chapter 107 from Fullmetal Alchemist

Best Couple
    Naruto&Hinata from Naruto
    PS. I am not sure whether a "pairing" counts as a "couple"; if it doesn't, then I recommend Minato&Kushina from the same manga.

Best Full Cast
    Kekkaishi
    It's rare to find a manga where the female cast just as powerful as the male cast, if not more so (Sumiko, Tokiko...). Note for example, that I didn't recommend the hero of Kekkaishi (Yoshimori) for the category, since IMHO, Tokine is a better heroine than Yoshi is a hero.

Best Artwork
    Fullmetal Alchemist

Best WTF Moment
    Kekkaishi
    Spoiler show

Best plot-twist
    Kekkaishi
    Spoiler show

Best new series
    Bakuman

Best Manga Overall
    Kekkaishi
    Seriously, it receives no love whatsoever, despite being one of the most balanced manga there is. READ IT NAO.
    Last edited by ryzvonusef; December 19, 2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Updated some blank catagories; explained my reasons.
    Subscribe to /r/TowerOfGod on Reddit.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uvneTUQ31rdpluro1_400.jpg
    ----
    Because Terrorism sucks:http://sn.im/10qi3g
    ----
    Apple is Evil: http://sn.im/10qirj
    And so is Google:http://sn.im/10qirn

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh... this sounds like a fun idea. Let's see:

Best Male Lead
    Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star)
    He is just about the strongest and manliest character to be ever born. As ground-breaking as HnK was, it was only natural that its title hero became a legend and THE prototype for many, many titles and characters to follow.

Best Female Lead
    Supporting Ustegius with his nomination of Gally/Alita (GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita).

Best Shounen Manga
    Supporting Organizized with his nomination of Oda's masterpiece.

Best Josei Manga
    Nodame Cantabile
    I'm no connoisseur for female oriented series but for me this category just has to go to Ninomiya Tomoko's Nodame Cantabile. It's such a beautiful and intelligent, funny and very well-written story with great characters.

Best Seinen Manga
    AKIRA
    This one's a toughie but after a little bit of thought I decided to nominate Ootomo-sensei's timeless classic. Revolutionary work in the Cyberpunk genre, great piece of art and simply put 2000 pages of epicness.

Best Costume Design
    Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler
    I'm surprised no one called this yet but Toboso really knows how to capture the Victorian age in the little details such as architecture or the most striking feature in her works: clothes! It is authentic yet stylish.

Best Villain
    Supporting ashher's nomination of Johann Liebert (Monster).

Best Fight
    Supporting Fomano's nomination of Miyamoto Musashi vs. The Yoshioka School (Vagabond).
    The fight might have a feeling of badass to some readers but it's really not trying to be that way. It's actually pretty deep and philosophical which I love about Inoue's magnum opus.

Best Kiss
    Naruto x Sasuke (Naruto)
    This one goes without words, I guess... (I really can't stand BL but this scene was priceless.)

Best Color Page
    Vagabond, Volume 21, Chapter 181
    I had such a hard time deciding, since Vagabond is just stuffed with awesomeness. So, in the end I took this picture, one of my favorite illustrations. Great mood and Inoue's artwork doesn't need to be commented. Just like the old masters, eh...

Best Double-Spread
    Oyasumi Punpun, Volume 2, Chapter 17
    Even if I could name Vagabond again, I want at least a little bit of variety and Asano Inio is one of my top 10 favorite Mangaka of all time and his artwork is just superb.

Best Couple
    Chiaki Shinichi x Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile)
    Great chemistry between these two. Mr. Perfect x Mrs. Messy Otaku - one might think it's clear who is guiding whom through life... but reality looks quite different; these two learn and evolve together.

Best Full Cast
    Eyeshield 21
    Several dozens of characters, each and every one of them got his own little story, his own dreams and destiny, his own personality and quirks. Inagaki has created a vast cast of likable and distinctive characters.

Best Artwork
    Vagabond
    Someone wanted Vagabond to be call, I shall deliver. I have to admit that Miura's artwork is top-notch (though the first few volumes are not so...) but keeping the time it takes him to create all of it in mind I can't give my vote to him. Nihei is another great artist but his art is not that appealing to me (maybe too dark and edgy/scruffy for my taste; plus,I don't like his drawings of persons) So, in the end I'll give it to Inoue-sensei. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Best WTF Moment
    Spoiler show

Best Manga Overall
    Doraemon
    I agree with the person who said the work for this category should play beyond all limitations such as demography. And there is just one series who does this better than any other. It is still loved today, even when it started decades ago: Doraemon!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 22, 2010 at 08:06 AM.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

15. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Male Lead
    Kenji Endo from 20th/21st Century Boys
    He has a way of somehow drawing you into his own adventure.In that aspect he is like Naruto.Kenji's got to be my favourite male lead ever.
    *Damn,thinking about him makes me want to read 20th CB again*

Best Female Lead
    I couldn't decide between Nausicaä from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Yotsuba from Yotsuba&,but i guess i'll go with Yotsuba.This little girl always manages to make me smile,with this pure and innocent way of approaching things.You explore the world with her and even though you know it pretty well,seeing everything gets exiting and fun with Yotsuba.

Best Shounen Manga
    One Piece
    Well,what can i say,it's a perfect Shonen.

Best Josei Manga
    Nodame Cantabile
    I agree with Mr.Prince on that.I love it.Nodame is just so adorable.

Best Hairstyling
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    I have to agree with E-Hero/Ninja:S&P.Yu-Gi-Oh! has crazy and impossible hairstyles,but you still buy them.

Best Costume Design
    D.Gray-Man
    Hoshino-sensei could very well be a designer for clothes.

Best Fight
    Naruto: Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End
    Damn,this fight really got me.It was great in the manga as well as in the anime.Very emotional,very action-packed,very-well drawn,very,very awesome.

Best Kiss
    Naruto x Sasuke (Naruto)
    Have to agree with Mr.Prince on this one,too.

Best Double-Spread

20th Century Boys
    I don't remember what chapter it was,but this is one of my favourite spreads from one my favourite manga 20th Century Boys from one of my favourite manga-ka Naoki Urasawa.

Best Couple
    Meiko and Taneda from Solanin
    They are the best manga couple i have ever read of.They match perfectly together.Their relationship is what makes Solanin even better.

Best Full Cast
    Naruto
    There are so many characters that i will probably remember forever.The designs,their personalities and designs are wonderful.It's a pity that Kishi only focuses on some of them.

Best Artwork
    Tegami Bachi
    This one might seem funny at first,as it can hardly top the like of Inoue or Nihei,but the art in Tegami Bachi is amazing.The character and costume designs are beautiful and so is the whole setting.You have this black sky and all those stars everywhere;the amount of black is very well used and creates a comfy and calm,yet fascinating and adventurous atmosphere.

------
    I might make some more later on.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the awesome nominations, guys! I’ve updated the list of nominees.

Awards Categories

Quote Quote:
    Best Male Lead
    Gutts from Berserk (3 votes)
    Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
    Yoshina Ageha from Psyren
    Miyamoto Musahi from Vagabond (2 votes)
    Sakata Gintoki from Gintama
    Kenji Endo from 20th/21st Century Boys (2 votes)
    Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail
    Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto (2 votes)
    Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star

L from Death Note (3 votes)
    Inspector Heinrich Runge from Monster
    Wolfgang Grimmer from Monster
    Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman
    Kandu Yuu from D. Gray Man
    Gauche Suede from Tegami Bachi
    Black Star from Soul Eater (2 votes)
    Nagumo Souichirou from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
    Shichiro Ougi from Kekkaishi

Best Female Lead
    Misaki Ayuzawa from Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
    Claire from Claymore (2 votes)
    Yato Kagura from Gintama
    Gally from GUNNM (aka. Battle Angel Alita) (2 votes)
    Seras Victora of Hellsing
    Haruko Haruhara from FLCL
    Asahina Samidare from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
    Kurokami Medaka from Medaka Box
    Yukimura Tokine from Kekkaishi
    Yotsuba from Yotsuba&

Fee of Planetes
    Major General Olivia Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist
    Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail
    Yato Kagura from Gintama
    Schierke from Berserk (2 votes)
    Sumiko Sumimura from Kekkaishi (2 votes)

Best Shoujo Manga
    Fruits Basket
    Hana Kimi (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)
    Vampire Knight

Best Shounen Manga
    Naruto
    Death Note
    One Piece (7 votes)
    Psyren
    Fullmetal Alchemist (3 votes)
    Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
    Kekkaishi

Best Josei Manga
    Kuragehime
    Amatsuki
    Nodame Cantabile (2 votes)

Best Seinen Manga
    Blame!
    K-ON
    Vagabond
    Berserk (3 votes)
    DOGS Bullets and Carnage
    Monster
    REAL
    Vinland Saga
    AKIRA

Best Hairstyling
    Bleach
    Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (Zetsubou Sensei)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! (2 votes)
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn (2 votes)
    Psyren

Best Costume Design
    Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
    Berserk Armor, "when the helm is on"
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn (2 votes)
    Fairy Tail
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler
    D.Gray-Man

Best Villain
    Johann Liebert from Monster (3 votes)
    Orochimaru from Naruto (2 votes)
    Millennium Earl from D.Gray-Man
    Priscilla from Claymore
    Aizen from Bleach
    Takasugi Shinsuke from Gintama
    “Nosferatu” Zodd from Berserk
    Griffith from Berserk
    Kabuto from Naruto
    Askeladd from Vinland Saga
    Father from FullmetalAlchemist

Best Fight
    Bleach, Ichigo VS Ulquiorra Final battle
    Vagabond, Miyamoto Musashi (Shinmen Takezo) vs Yoshioka School (2 votes)
    Naruto, Sandaime VS Orochimaru
    Vinland Saga, Thorkkell's duel with Thorrfinn (2 votes)
    Hellsing, Alucard vs Anderson
    Fairy Tail, Natsu vs. Gildartz
    Naruto, Naruto vs. Pain
    Naruto, Minato vs. Madara
    Naruto, Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End

Best Kiss
    Kaicho wa maid-sama
    Spoiler show

Claymore
    Spoiler show
    (2 votes)
    Berserk
    Spoiler show

Naruto
    Spoiler show
    (2 votes)

Best Color Page
    Naruto/ Chapter 503 (4 votes)
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v52/c503/2.html
    One Piece / Chapter 598
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c598/4.html
    Vagabond, Volume 21, Chapter 181
    http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5329...56197.jpg.html

Best Double-Spread
    Berserk: 1st time Gutts used Berserk Armor and came out of that monster
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rk_v26_201.jpg
    Bleach: Ichigo’s final transformation (2 votes) http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v47/c420/12.html
    Berserk Vol. 8 Page 190 - Gatsu vs Griffith
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/535/gatsuvsgriffith1.jpg
    Zatch Bell/ Chapter 319
    http://www.mangareader.net/266-35597...apter-319.html
    Naruto: Minato & Kushina protecting baby Naruto
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v52/c504/8.html
    Oyasumi Punpun, Volume 2, Chapter 17
    http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4485...0-091.png.html
    20th Century Boys
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/443...ysv08c02p0.jpg

Best Chapter
    Fairy Tail - Chapter 206
    Bleach - Chapter 421 –
    Spoiler show

Best Couple
    Ed & Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist (3 votes)
    Orihime X Ulquiorra from Bleach
    Yoshina Ageha and Amamiya Sakurako from Psyren
    Rock and Revy from Black Lagoon
    Hachimiki and Tanabe from Planetes
    Black Star and Tsubaki Nakatsuka from Soul Eater
    Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist
    Naruto x Hinata from Naruto
    Chiaki Shinichi x Noda Megumi from Nodame Cantabile
    Meiko and Taneda from Solanin

Best Full Cast
    Fullmetal Alchemist (6 votes)
    Soul Eater
    One Piece
    Kekkaishi
    Eyeshield 21
    Naruto

Best Artwork
    Blame! (2 votes)
    Berserk (2 votes)
    Vinland Saga
    REAL
    Bleach
    Vagabond (2 votes)
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Tegami Bachi

Best WTF Moment
    L's media stunt on Kira in Death Note
    Aizen changing forms in Bleach
    Fake Robin with the cucumber in One Piece (Chapter 598)
    Revelation of Duval's identity in One Piece
    Thorkell and Willibald - "Whichever created Liquor" (Vinland Saga)
    In The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, when Blues Drive Monster is revealed.
    When Enel relizes that his powers are ineffective against Luffy (Chapter 279)
    Kekkaishi - When we learnt just how badly the Founder messed up his son's life
    Oyasumi Punpun, Volume 1, Headmaster and vice principle playing Hide-and-seek

Best plot-twist
    Bleach –
    Spoiler show

One Piece –
    Spoiler show
    (2 votes)
    Claymore –
    Spoiler show

Berserk – The Eclipse
    Berserk - Ch 290 Hellhound “Guts’ inner demon” promising Guts
    Fairy Tail when Gildartz shows off his true power to Natsu
    Kekkaishi –
    Spoiler show

Best new series
    Enigma by Sakaki Kenji (2 votes)
    Oumagadoki Doubutsuen

Best Manga Overall
    Kuroshitsuji by Toboso Yana (2 votes)
    Claymore by Norihiro Yagi
    Psyren by Toshiaki Iwashiro
    Berserk (2 votes)
    Yotsuba&!
    One Piece (2 votes)
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Kekkaishi
    Doraemon
    If I made a mistake or if something is missing please let me know.

Please keep in mind that for the best new series award category, you can only nominate series that started to get published in 2010.

You can edit your nominations at any time during the nomination process, but if you do it please do it in another post and please let us know you made a change by writing (as HegemonKhan):

I originally nominated this:

but, now I want to change it to this:

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Best Male Supporting Character: Ustegius already suggested Grimmer (great job there!), that leaves me the option to vote for another great character. I'm not sure if he falls under the supporter role, if not I would like to nominate another character. It's Akiyama from "Liar Game". He has a very kind heart and a fascinating intelligence, I'm loving how he works together with Nao.
    He would make an incredible nominee for the MH Manga awards , but since he is one the protagonists of Liar Game you can’t nominate him for the best male supporting character category. Sorry. But you can nominate other character for that award.

I added Grimmer from Monster for the Best Supporting Male Character for him (he has made many changes, but his final nomination choice is Askeladd from Vinland Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by Fomano View Post
    Best Shoujo Manga - Bitter Virgin - Really touching and a friend of mine has very in common with the protagonist
    Bitter Virgin is a seinen, so you can’t nominate it for the best shoujo manga category. But you can nominate Bitter Virgin for best seinen or you can nominate other manga for best shoujo.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 31, 2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Err... you might wanna edit Lucy's category. She's not a supporting character. She's the female lead.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to nominate Naruto chapter 436 as Best Chapter. It totally changed the outlook of the world to a lot of fans and sparked one of the best debates ever in MH history.
    Last edited by Newkerzy; December 19, 2010 at 01:02 AM.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Male Lead

Guts from Berserk!

Best Male Supporting Character:
    L from Death Note is his nomination choice

Does Akiyama from Liar Game count as a supporting character? If not, L from Death Note (but isn't he a main character as well?)

Akiyama is considered a Lead Character, so your nomination is L from Death Note, as he is considered a supporting character

Best Female Lead

also nominating Gally/Alita from GUNNM, very awesome lead

Alice from Pandora Hearts!

Best Shoujo Manga

Shinshi Doumei Cross/The Gentleman's Alliance Cross

Best Shounen Manga

Narutooooooooo

Best Josei Manga

Nodame Cantabile, can't think of a better one

Best Seinen Manga

Berserk, no other answer can possibly be right

Best Hairstyling
    Yu-Gi-Oh!

....they got some wicked hair >__>

Best Costume Design
    Otoyomegatari

it doesn't get much more elaborate and amazing than this

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2...chapter101.png
    http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/1...chapter102.png

Best Villain
    Johann Liebert from Monster

amazing, amazing villain. Easily the best

Best Fight

Naruto, Naruto vs. Pain

Best Color Page

Aria -...forgot the chapter >_>
    http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7192/aria4.jpg

Best Chapter

Naruto Chapter 430

Best Couple

Ed & Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist

Best Full Cast

Fullmetal Alchemist (6 votes)

Best Artwork

Umineko Episode 3: Banquet of the Golden Witch by Natsumi Kei (the other episodes are done by different artists and aren't nearly as well drawn)

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9554/22240539.png
    http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9249/3031n.png
    http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1849/85510775.png
    http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6805/18218041.png
    http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/5893/75228745.png
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3552/30305052.png
    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5918/86357515.png

Best WTF Moment
    Spoiler show

Best plot-twist
    Berserk – The Eclipse

Best Manga Overall

Berserk of course
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 31, 2010 at 04:03 PM.

23. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ryzvonusef's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I didn't change any categories, but I filled the blank ones. Please check :P
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=37
    Last edited by ryzvonusef; December 19, 2010 at 05:42 AM.
    Subscribe to /r/TowerOfGod on Reddit.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uvneTUQ31rdpluro1_400.jpg
    ----
    Because Terrorism sucks:http://sn.im/10qi3g
    ----
    Apple is Evil: http://sn.im/10qirj
    And so is Google:http://sn.im/10qirn

25. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably don't read as much manga as the rest of you, but anyway here goes (if it's not listed, it means I couldn't be bothered to find page/chapter or I just don't care about the category):

Best Male Lead
    Goku from Dragonball - honestly, he's the prototype for the modern shounen protagonist.

Best Shounen Manga
    One Piece - I'm sure it's already been stated somewhere

Best Double Spread
    Nurarihyon No Mago ch. 86 http://www.mangareader.net/456-41895...hapter-86.html - I just really like how badass a random fodder is made to look in this page.

Best Couple
    Ko and Aoba from Cross Game - As opposed to some on the list, they are an actual couple and Adachi does a wonderful job building their relationship. Plus it would be a shame for Adachi not to get a single mention in Manga awards

Best Full Cast
    One Piece - obvious answer is obvious, plus skeleton with an afro, 'nuff said.

Best Art
    Nurarihyon no Mago - see double spread above. I wasn't going to nominate this b/c I'm sure there are seinen out there that have way better artwork, but I don't read much seinen and of the few mangas I do read Mago has the most unique and interesting art of them. A mix of old time Japanese art and normal manga.

Best WTF Moment
    Spoiler show

Best Manga Overall
    One Piece - it is my favorite manga afterall .
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 22, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

27. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sorata's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

BEST MALE LEAD
    Onizuka Eiikichi from Great Teacher Onizuka, this one was really tough for me, Kenshiro, Guts, Luffy, Sakuragi Hanamichi, Goku and many others are great main characters, but Onizuka is the type that can erase the line between shonen and seinen, the very best imo.

Hiruma Youichi from Eyeshield 21, he´s not one of my favorites, but i have to admit, this guy is probably the greatest manga character i have ever seen in the 400 manga i have readen so far, because of that my vote goes to him.

Best Female Lead
    I normally find the female main characters boring, so i´m going with one from a very old manga: Lum from Urusei Yatsura, she´s my second favorite female character and my favorite main female character.

In here i´m going with my all time favorite female character: Jegal Mihyang from Change Guy, she´s just awesome, i feel in love with her lol.

Best Shoujo Manga
    My vote goes to Kimi no Todoke, it´s original and have 2 awesome main characters.

Best Shounen Manga
    One Piece takes this one easily, i read tons of shonen, specially the battle ones and One Piece is in a league of his own, GTO, Slam Dunk and Dragon Ball are awesome too but One Piece is just too much.

Best Josei Manga
    I only read 3, so my vote goes to Kimi wa Petto, the relationship between both characters is very peculiar.

Best Seinen Manga
    This one goes to Berserk, the gap here is even bigger than the one in the shonen category, there are tons of awesome seinen, but Berserk is imo the god of mangas, just perfect in every way, no match at all.

Best Hairstyling
    Yu-Gi-Oh, the hairs in this manga turned some characters into the epitome of awesome: Kaiba Seto, Marik Ishtar and Ryo Bakura are a great example of that.

Best Costume Design
    I go with Worst, i love deliquents and the outfits this guys have are just too cool to let pass.

Best Villain
    Yami Marik Ishtar from Yu-Gi-Oh!, the guy is just a psycho murderer, but he´s so cool and confident that most people just find him awesome, my vote goes for him.

Best Fight
    I had a hard time choosing between Takamura vs Hawk from Hajime no Ippo and Shin Jin-Ho vs Kwon Shin from Change Guy, but my vote goes to Takamura vs Hawk, there´s no fight that involved me so much as this one, the greatest fight in manga imo.

Best Color Page
    The perfect player from Eyeshield 21: http://www.mangareader.net/134-6992-...apter-217.html

Best Double-Spread
    Sakuragi and Rukawa claping hands from Slam Dunk: http://www.mangareader.net/119-5958-...apter-276.html

Best Chapter
    One Piece chapter 485 - Member of the Strawhat crew: Pirate Hunter Zoro: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2592-...apter-485.html , this chapter is so emotional and strong, i have no words to describe how awesome it is.

Best Couple
    Lum and Moroboshi Ataru from Urusei Yatsura, i just love the both o them, really a great couple.

Best Full Cast
    Coin toss between One Piece and Eyeshield 21, but i´m gonna go with Eyeshield 21, so many great characters and you end up caring for most of them, and that´s something very hard to acomplish in a manga.

Best Artwork
    Berserk gets my vote, but Vagabond, 20th Century Boys and Tenjou Tenge are great too.

Best WTF Moment
    Spoiler show

Best plot-twist
    Spoiler show

Best new series
    This one is hard, i haven´t seen any great manga lately, but if we talk about the last 2 years i give my vote to Beelzebub.

Best Manga Overall
    My vote goes to Berserk, just read my explanation in the best seinen section.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 22, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

29. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast