Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    So when does this start?
    Probably 3rd or 4th week of January 2011.

By the way, still waiting for fanart, so don't be lazy people. Start working on it and submit them here. You shall be credited accordingly .

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post

By the way, still waiting for fanart, so don't be lazy people. Start working on it and submit them here. You shall be credited accordingly .
    Are you serious? Why such a long time from now? I figured it was set to start at any moment.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we need time for collection of fanarts and discussion. Afterward, we have to prepare the battle threads, so it takes time. I am sorry for the delay but it can't be helped.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

there are two major groups right?
    they are unbalanced in my opinion, Urahara, Shinji, Aizen, Isshin, Stark, Yoruichi (who are the major players here) are all dumped into a second group, leaving Yamamoto almost uncontested in the first.
    Last edited by AlB; December 28, 2010 at 03:08 AM.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, wait. I think thorn is being a bit too conservative with this statement. We're wanting to start closer to the middle of January as long as nothing major comes up (we will keep you posted). Unfortunately, it does take time to coordinate and prepare everything, though, as he said. And we want to give you guys ample time to create some fantastic fan art.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Wait, wait. I think thorn is being a bit too conservative with this statement. We're wanting to start closer to the middle of January as long as nothing major comes up (we will keep you posted). Unfortunately, it does take time to coordinate and prepare everything, though, as he said. And we want to give you guys ample time to create some fantastic fan art.
    my final exams are on the 3rd week of january so I'm with you: the sooner the better

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said we only put limiters on Ichigo and Aizen. If we don't, the two of them are so dominating that either of them would win the tournament. We tried to make this tournament as much open as possible.
    why is isshin included...it seems strange a character who not seen shikai or anything from is on list..he fought aizen with sealed sword did a GT and kido finger..that i think aint enough to place on this tournament strange choice

but look forward to this
    do we pm the artwork to you or somewhere else ?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    why is isshin included...it seems strange a character who not seen shikai or anything from is on list..he fought aizen with sealed sword did a GT and kido finger..that i think aint enough to place on this tournament strange choice

but look forward to this
    We included him because we deemed that he had just enough combat for us to include him. GT is his shikai ability so its not like we know nothing of his powers. Many characters on the list have only showed us their shikais or have only fought in one battle and it is still enough for them to be included. I know that Isshin is closer to being borderline but based on what I stated above he has just enough under his belt to make it into the competition.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@Fanart: Yes the picture can be resized accordingly. As such there are no rules for it except:
    • Should be your own creation
    • Should not contain explicit contents

Can't remember any other, if I do I will let you guys know.
    Are we allowed to use a panel/picture from the actual manga to base our fanart pieces from? E.g. If I were to crop a picture of Gin (black and white tones/lines by Kubo) from a chapter and colour it, etc will it still be allowed? o.O

Thanks for your suggestion Bugz. The problem is, certain conditions/terrains/locations may provide leverage to a contestant. As a result, the battle(s) will not be fair. I mean, a character getting leverage and other is not getting any, makes it a bit biased. Our intentions are to make the tournament, as fair as possible. We do have limit some characters but to make the tournament more open and competitive.

I will pass on your thoughts to others staff as well.
    You don't want to neutralise every single match up now...

There are quite a number of characters who have been included in this tournament that have yet to "shine" or reveal much in regards to fighting abilities and potential (which can be considered "unfair") so in the end we'll see certain match ups being decided on actual "screen time" appearances and activity which may overshadow the true potential of the said opponent's strength/ability.

Anyway...

Obviously, the emphasis wouldn't be strictly on the location nor would it really be the core focus of the battle. Adding an *imaginary* "scenery" XD to the match ups would add a bit of flavour to these tournaments imo. I'm not really too fussy whether this goes through or not; it's just a lil suggestion.

You don't exactly want Kenpachi Vs. Nel () fighting in the middle of nowhere on a flat, desserted area with no objects around. Ok, it may sound silly but we'll have one fan art piece for each character...why not have a designated area to fight in?

Oh well...I guess it's something to consider and try for the future.
    Last edited by Bugzee; December 28, 2010 at 06:31 PM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    In addition to what Arrogance said above, we can not overlook his little bout again Aizen, who litterally manhandled everyone (except Yama) till Isshin appears.

Quote Quote:
    You can just link it here or PM me, igotthegoods, Tsuki, or Arrogance. We will update the opening post, crediting you or anyone else submitting a fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Are we allowed to use a panel/picture from the actual manga to base our fanart pieces from? E.g. If I were to crop a picture of Gin (black and white tones/lines by Kubo) from a chapter and colour it, etc will it still be allowed? o.O
    Yes, it will be fine.

Quote Quote:
    You don't want to neutralise every single match up now...

There are quite a number of characters who have been included in this tournament that have yet to "shine" or reveal much in regards to fighting abilities and potential (which can be considered "unfair") so in the end we'll see certain match ups being decided on actual "screen time" appearances and activity which may overshadow the true potential of the said opponent's strength/ability.

Anyway...

Obviously, the emphasis wouldn't be strictly on the location nor would it really be the core focus of the battle. Adding an *imaginary* "scenery" XD to the match ups would add a bit of flavour to these tournaments imo. I'm not really too fussy whether this goes through or not; it's just a lil suggestion.

You don't exactly want Kenpachi Vs. Nel () fighting in the middle of nowhere on a flat, desserted area with no objects around. Ok, it may sound silly but we'll have one fan art piece for each character...why not have a designated area to fight in?

Oh well...I guess it's something to consider and try for the future.
    The characters who are added have shown enough to warrant themselves inclusion. Unohana for instance, has really showed us nothing and was not included.

Other aspect we considered was, not adding a fodder sort of character. For example, Ganju was shown enough, but adding him over a Captain or VC would not be justified.

Deciding designated areas or conditions for each battle is not only an arduous task, but also the one which may end up with insubstantial output. Once again, if a battle between Ishida vs. Rukia is held in HM. It gives undue advantage to Ishida. Others may question, what prompted us to do so. Therefore, it will be feasible for the battles to occur on a neutral ground and conditions.

Most importantly, throwing location or condition into battles may actually distort the main focus of the battles. That is-gauging contestants abilities and skills. Members may end up focusing too much on the locations or conditions than the characters. I, not being one of the organizer, but as a participant wont like to see it happen.

We will keep your suggestion in mind for other tournaments.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; December 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

so this grimmjow i did could be used? or something different
    Spoiler show

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, Hyst. Thanks for your submission! ^^

Edit: Added to first post
    Last edited by igotthegoods; December 29, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member daichi383's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Can i take Byakuya please

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i got a byakuya i was going to post.

Spoiler show
    if someone else wants post one then remove mine but this is a choice

il post my uryu (coz im a uryu tard )

Spoiler show

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since daichi383 posted his intention to draw Byakuya first, it is only fair that he is given first "dibs" as it were. But of course, we will keep Hyst's submission in mind as well.

@daichi383 - Go ahead and post your fan art of Byakuya here (or PM it to myself, Tsukisama, thornofcarrion, or Arrogance) whenever you finish with it.

Hyst - Are those your original drawings? If so, you can definitely have Uryu. (They look great, btw. )
    Last edited by igotthegoods; December 29, 2010 at 06:28 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast