Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Starry☆Sky

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starry☆Sky

There are 12 signs in the zodiac so it's possible. Capricorn (Yoh) was lucky and got an extra episode for himself.

In the game you can choose which character Tsukiko ends up with. The anime most likely will have a neutral ending. It's hard to get an interaction that initiates romance when there are only eleven minutes to get to know each character. (With the exception of Yoh.)

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    There are 12 signs in the zodiac so it's possible. Capricorn (Yoh) was lucky and got an extra episode for himself.
    ...What about Ophiucus...? >_>"

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, forgot about Ophiucus. My best guess is that he's like Tsukiko and won't get any specific episode for himself. It's hard to create a character based on that sign because it has no defined personality. My other assumption is that if he does get a focus, it will be alongside Sagittarius (Azusa).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

From the look of it...I get the feeling that it's not 13 episodes, but 13 DVDs (aka, 26 episodes)...since I've seen the covers of the DVDs, and they actually divided it into 13 DVDs, each for each constellations. I don't see why would they want to make Yoh the only one with 2 episodes while all the others get only 1 when they're selling all those DVDs at the same cost (assumingly)...>_>"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched episode 3. Nice episode.

Tsubasa (Aquarius) looks tall among others.. he stands out even when he was sitting during the entrance ceremony. Kazuki (Aries), the student council president, is quite autocratic but funny especially picking up Tsubasa randomly among the crowd as the s.c. treasurer and drags him into student council.
    Azusa and Hayato Aozora (i think they represent Sagittarius and Virgo, respectively) were also featured in the current episode.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsubasa is cute~ I seriously have to admit it...>_<"

And yeah, Kazuki is so random with that. Wonder why he choose Tsubasa as SC treasurer out of the blue like that...when they don't even know each other...>_>"

But now, guess the anime really is going to be 26 episodes long, not 13...since Tsubasa is getting 2 episodes as well...-.-"

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by <.Haruka.> View Post
    There he meets his childhood friend Tsukiko Yahisa as his classmate. He also made friends with Kanata Nanami (Pisces)and Suzuya Tohzuki (cancer). Though it seems Yoh stayed at Seigatsu Academy for a short time, he found new friends to cherish among his memories (though it would be nice if he would make a come back later).
    I liked episode 2. I was glad to see how Yoh/Henry decided to make the most out of the time he spent with his “first star” and with his new friends instead of focusing on the fact he had to leave them soon. The interactions between these four friends were cool and nice and I loved how Kanata would get so jealous every time Yoh got too close to Yahisa. Btw, I liked all the characters (the four ones), but my favorite one was Kanata. I can’t wait to see him again.

Quote Quote:
    Yup the voice was kind of similar to Stella from AUB but I did a little research and the seiyuu was different. It was kind of surprising that Tsukiko's voice actress (Fumiko Orikasa) is the same VA of Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Thank you for the info, Sakura-chan. And that is another reason that proves why Fumiko-san is so awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    It's not Suzuya's episode yet, and already his traits are shown. Even male Cancers have a maternal side to them, hence, people referring him to 'okan' (mom).
    Ahh…thank you for that very interesting info, Asarii. And since you have mentioned Suzuya’s motherly side, I really liked that part when both Yoh and Kanata started to call Suzuya “mom” .

Kazuki (Aries), the student council president, is quite autocratic but funny especially picking up Tsubasa randomly among the crowd as the s.c. treasurer and drags him into student council.
    That was quite funny I agree. And it lets us see some of the traits of Kazuki’s personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Tsubasa is cute~
    QFT! Chibi Tsubasa and teen Tsubasa are both very adorable! And his laugh…weird but so much win.

Quote Quote:
    Wonder why he choose Tsubasa as SC treasurer out of the blue like that...when they don't even know each other...>_>"
    Maybe because of his inventions? Or maybe because he seemed like someone who wouldn’t want nor care about being the SC treasurer? Or maybe because he stood out among the rest of the students?

Quote Quote:
    But now, guess the anime really is going to be 26 episodes long, not 13...since Tsubasa is getting 2 episodes as well...-.-"
    26 episode sounds great, I really hope we have 26 instead of 13.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 09, 2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    QFT! Chibi Tsubasa and teen Tsubasa are both very adorable! And his laugh…weird but so much win.
    YEAH! His laugh, the way he talks, they're so cute...(Not to mention, his voice...X3 *try to keep down her seiyuu-fangirl self*)

Guess I'll resume to the drama CDs sometimes. Starry Sky got so many drama CDs (all with lovely voices~ <3) that I actually forgot what a lot of them are about already...>_<"

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like my structural prediction was proven wrong seeing as how we're going to have two episodes with Tsubasa.

I really like his weirdness. I was worried for a second that something bad might happen to him when he was being scouted! Glad that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by http://astrology.newkerala.com/astrology-info/
    The individuals born under this sign are creative, challenging, intelligent, concise, clear, entertaining, progressive, humane, frank, serious minded, genial, refined, ethereal, stimulating, quick, active, persevering, and independent. [...]

The Aquarians have vague expression, straight and silky hair, finely chiseled features, and a tall and slender figure.
    I'm not making the last sentence up; that's exactly what the site said concerning the physical traits of an Aquarius! In a book I have, the sign was described as being "difficult to understand".

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4 (episode Aquarius volume 2) is up

Poor Tsubasa-kun he was casted away from the student council for 1 week.
    He thought that he wasn't wanted there anymore but the members are just preparing a surprise for him.

Tsubasa's voice reminds me of Italia from Hetalia anime especially when he whines whenever he was dragged by Kazuki.

Really funny part for me was- Kazuki poked Tsubasa, Tsubasa nodges/brushes on Tsukiko where Kazuki got more angrier, then to stop the two guys from fighting, Hayato puts an earplug at Tsukiko and scratched a mini blackboard.

This is my favorite episode in the series so far. I just can't get enough of Kazuki and Tsubasa.
    Next episode features Kanata Nanami (he represents Pisces).

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Tsubasa-kun he was casted away from the student council for 1 week.
    I felt so bad for Tsubasa when President-kun told him he wasn’t allowed to come to the student council room for a week, he looked so sad. Tsubasa has become really fond of the members of the student council so it really hurt him to think they didn’t want him close and that they didn’t want to be his friends anymore, and the pain was increased by the fact that being rejected reminded poor Tsubasa of sad times in his childhood when people used to say he was an inconvenience and a bother for his grandfather , the only adult person who really cared for Tsubasa was his grandpa. Fortunately, Tsubasa was mistaken; the members of the student council hadn’t stopped caring about him; they were preparing a special surprise for him and that is why they didn’t want Tsubasa to get near to the student council room for a week.

Quote Quote:
    He thought that he wasn't wanted there anymore but the members are just preparing a surprise for him.
    I loved the part when they revealed the surprise to Tsubasa, his own personal lab!!! I was moved by the scene of Tsubasa being so touched that he began to shed tears of happiness.

Quote Quote:
    Really funny part for me was- Kazuki poked Tsubasa, Tsubasa nodges/brushes on Tsukiko where Kazuki got more angrier, then to stop the two guys from fighting, Hayato puts an earplug at Tsukiko and scratched a mini blackboard.
    I liked that part as well. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    This is my favorite episode in the series so far. I just can't get enough of Kazuki and Tsubasa.
    I really liked the Tsubasa arc. This arc focused on friendship instead of romance, which it was a nice surprise for me since I was expecting for all the arcs to focus on romance.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 17, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my I forgot about starry sky, I mean I watched the first two episodes and then all the other winter animes came by and I forgot about this one, how many episodes have I missed?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this thread, Benjamin!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    how many episodes have I missed?
    Last week’s episode was episode 4 so you have missed only 2 episodes. Those two episodes were amazing, so I really recommend you watching them as soon as you can.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Welcome to this thread, Benjamin!

Last week’s episode was episode 4 so you have missed only 2 episodes. Those two episodes were amazing, so I really recommend you watching them as soon as you can.
    Thanks for the welcome.

Hm seems interesting, I should go through them fast and catch up quickly, I mean there were only 11 minutes or so long I believe. And the anime was rather calm compared to the rest this winter. It had that nice feel to it. A relaxing feel. I want to see if it has changed in that aspect in the new episodes.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4
    I felt sorry for Tsubasa during the first half of the episode when he was forbidden to make any more inventions (which I thought was pretty harsh) and misunderstood the council. That's why it was great he realized they had his best interests at heart in the end. He certainly has a personality of a child.

Too bad he only wore his glasses for a few seconds.

Episode 5
    I'll start with my usual task!
    Quote Originally Posted by http://astrology.newkerala.com/astrology-info/
    The Pisceans are dreamy, romantic, generous, emotional, receptive, affectionate, friendly, good natured, kind, compassionate, sensitive, easygoing, submissive and honest.
    On the negative side, they are prone to exaggeration, fickleness, passiveness, hypersensitivity, and paranoia.
    Child!Kanata fits the negative traits of a Pisces since he was afraid people will abandom him. I have an astrology book where it says that Pisces are prone to turn to drugs and alcohol for escapism. In this case Kanata involves himself with fights which is his way for escaping reality.

There are also traits of a positive Pisces when he wants to protect and be there for his friends (generosity of helping others). So far all the guys fit their personality well.

Is it just me or is Mr. Aries making himself out to be a "bad guy"?

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast