Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Best Male Supporting Character

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death Note: L

62 40.79%
  • Full Metal Alchemist: Colonel Roy Mustang the Flame Alchemist

36 23.68%
  • Eyeshield 21: Hiruma Youichi

28 18.42%
  • Soul Eater: Black Star

10 6.58%
  • Vinland Saga: Askeladd

16 10.53%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Male Supporting Character

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Male Supporting Character

I'm going with the flame alchemist on this one.
    I won't like Mustang if he's the main character in the manga but I adore him as the supporting, more than L. L may be smart, a genius even but Roy is not about to lose to him, he have his brains and tactics. To be honest, without him planning most of the things out, Ed&El will be fighting a losing battle. L didn't have much character development as Mustang the way I see it. I guess one of the reason is because he died halfway. But Roy have developed quite alot throughout the series. He have a dream of becoming the Fuhrer, and his own story of hatred towards envy, a interesting backstory and he even have a group of well written characters under him. One of the biggest characteristic he had was that he never let the blindness got to him! None of this did L show throughout Death Note, but I guess it's because that is how the story is s'pose to be in DN.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I liked the combi Near + Melo even more than L. Near is like the light side of L & Melo is like the dark side of L.
    They even admitted it...while both had the brains and intellect, Near was slightly over Mell, while Mello had more mobility...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if L might be considered as more important than an ordinary minor character, he's still in the list, and the best made character of it deserves to win. Which imo really is L (followed by Askeladd).
    He's such a funny, likeable, crazy, intelligent guy, even the way he holds a phone makes me laugh
    Spoiler show

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Askeladd easily gets this one.He is a round character and a great one at that.He feels so incredibly real,but what actually makes him the best supporting character is that he had a huge impact on the protagonist's and other's life.A truly remarkable character.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Male Support Character Announcement!

The results are in for the first Manga Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of manga!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Male Supporting Character Category.

Spoiler: The nominations and their "vote counts" show

and now, the winners from the Staff's choices:

Spoiler: The STARs' (Scanlators, Translaters, Artists, and Reviewers) choice of winner(s) show

Spoiler: The Moderators' (Red, Blue, Green, and Pink) choice of winner(s) show

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Spoiler: The winner of Best Male Support Character show
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2